iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Role Playing Information > Finished Roleplays > The Celestial Fist II:The Kraken's Wrath

Old 12-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #11
Bukowski
Elvis Freshley

"Woah..."

The former number one rookie in Leaf looked at the Kraken with an appreciative gaze shared by the Sennin of Sand. He had read about Jinchuriki and Bijuu but he had never thought he would even encounter one much less face one. The era of the tailed beast had come and gone and even their echo still effected the world in unmentionable ways.

To face one on the battlefield?

The power and anticipation was enough to turn his entire blood into gasoline--ready to be ignited.

His widened eyes narrowed only at Hitoko's question.

"Janken...?"

He blinked his eyes incredulously at Hitoko and shook his head in a palpable disbelief.

"You? Beat me? At Janken?", he said again, "Now I thought your braids were a little tight and now I know for certain!"

He rose his fist to his palm...

"I'm the undefeated Hi no Kuni Grand Janken All-Star Regional Champion for the last five years Dragon! I am not the one to be stole on! Get ready!"

They both made their moves, staring at each other with a seriousness befit for the battle but not the current situation...

The first move was made--both chose Rock. Fist scoffed, Hitoko smirked...

"What is this mockery?! Take me seriously!"

"A minute Vu-Chan, I can't let this guy get the better of me at Janken of all things!"

"No! No more! I will not stand for this!"

"Jeez! Hike up your skirt! It ain't that big of a de--"

But before Fist could finish the sentence one of the beast's tentacles swung towards him, catching the Sanada prodigy unaware--his eyes widened as he felt a burning sensation and a massive force rip through his body as the kraken's massive tentacle whipped him strong...

So strong that it ripped right through the center of his body, tearing the seventeen year old boy in two...

"D-d-damn it," he whimpered as his legs fell to the sea, his wings tucked in around him and his body followed, "T-this isn't over...H-H-itobro...I'm...sorry."

And the top half of the Fist began it's quick descent to the ocean below, sword still in hand, his wings wrapped around his body trying their best to protect him from the force of his fall.

Then a splash.

Then he was gone. Lost beneath the waves and the domain of the Genbu Jinchuriki.

MEMBER OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN' YEAR!
Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Let's end the speculation, I'm talkin' to all of y'all
Males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait
What, you mad ‘cause you push dimes and he sell weight?
Y'all don't know my expenses, I gotta buy bigger plates
Hehehe, and more baggies — why you all aggie?
Homie, respect the game, that should be it
What you eat don't make me shit; where's the love?

Last edited by Bukowski; 12-14-2018 at 08:01 PM..
Old 03-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #12
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Huyen Vu wouldn’t be ignored.

As a chakra molded tentacle sent The Fist falling toward ocean, the Dragon Emperor’s fingers formed the universal hand gesture for his next move – scissors. It was ironic, then, how his partner in this adventure was split right in two. In any normal circumstance, Renchishin Hitoko would have been horrified at the way his comrade was mutilated right before his very eyes. This case was special, though, for it was the illustrious Sanada Sanshiro who wielded the Celestial Body which meant that the Jounin of Konohagakure would be right back in the fight in no time. Cupping a free hand near the side of thick lips, the little inconvenience of The Fist didn’t stop the Monk of Sunagakure from continuing their game:

Scissors!” Hitoko called out, “Scissors! You threw paper, right?

Maybe?

He was certain he did.

Utilizing breeze as platform, the weightless Sennin leapt higher in mid air as another tentacle, launched with the ferocious accuracy of a javelin, passed beneath him. Another limb struck, dividing the wind in two as Huyen Vu began her onslaught, but the Renchishin was always a breath away from impact. Blades of pure chakra funneled through sky like pieces of countless confetti, the sheer amount almost as innumerable as droplets of falling rain beating upon a tin roof. But, under the steady gaze of ruby eyes, what seemed to be beyond measure became enumerable. Huyen Vu, from her vantage point, could see it all unfold. She could see how his eyes took to account everything that was around him in minimal glances. She was watching, very close, at how this man moved as he maneuvered by daggers of energy.

It was as if he were dancing.

As if the weaponry she tossed his way was a simple obstacle to a grander goal that far reached beyond her current state of being. As if she wasn’t even a consequence to this moment. His figure, which crept closer with each calculated advancement, fawned in soft gusts of wind like a leaf sputtering with no boundaries. It was as if she were a single audience member at a magnificent theatre, viewing the routine of a danseur noble focused on their passion. Like, freedom was more than just a concept, but a tangible space in life.

Saisho wa gu…

Who was this man, she wondered in silence.

Janken!

And why was he with Sanshiro?

Gu!

Armor clad knuckles broke through the chakra binding several tentacles together in a flash, which didn’t surprise Huyen at this point, this was a powerful foe she was up against. Although she could no longer tell where this man was coming from, she attempted to anticipate where he’d be. She was trying to lure him in by gauging his distance with the impact left from chakra she exuded through each structured limb – but it was difficult. Wind was imploding all around her at various unorthodox angles. As swift as she was to regenerate and multiply her defenses, they’d crumble almost in an instant. But she was calm, though, emotions well collected and serene. If this was some sort of game to him, then, she’d just have to play along, too. Huyen Vu held the field advantage by being surrounded in such a large body of water anyway, so if he was trying to witness the capacity of her stamina, he’d lose.

So they’d play this little war of attrition, she thought.

Unaware of his true motive.

Last edited by Hitoko; 03-04-2019 at 12:11 AM..
Old 03-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #13
Bukowski
Elvis Freshley

Heh...

How many times would you have died if you weren't a Sanada?

Stupid question...

I can't help who I am.

And I command death, it ain't the other way 'round and shit.

He smiled as he floated underneath the waves of the water and grinned as he saw the lower half of his body finally sink close him--his brain was hazy with blood loss and he knew that this was mostly vanity. Even a near immortal Sanada couldn't survive being bisected for very long, healing a wound of such lethality required equal parts patience and skill.

Sanshiro had one of those in spades...

The patience came in waiting for his lower half to get close enough for him to grab it and force it to his hips and leaking organs--his chakra did the rest. He could've sprouted new organs and privates and legs and the whole shebang...

But coming up from the water butt ass in front of Hitoko sounded like bad fanfiction and not like a classy and heroic entrance.

At this level you needed to consider appearances. If you looked good you felt good and if you felt good you did good and shit.

Focus Fist...focus...chakra do your thing!

~~~

"Men might even be too generous for one of them Suzaku!", Qing Long sneered, "Sanshiro is barely a boy! The arrogance of Konoha to think a teenager could protect them from our might!"

"Nyah! Pot Sanshiro meet kettle Qing-chan!"

"Bah! You joke too much Baekho!"

Suzaku raised her palm and seemed to signal both of her compatriots to be silenced. They obeyed, the leader of the Shiseiju speaking with a wordless authority.

"That boy is a Sanada," she said with a serene cruelty, "The most talented in Konoha. The Celestial Body is a privilege he wields with ease and skill. It's what separates him from the rest of his ilk."

"You're wrong."

Sanada Mika spoke above the commander of the Shiseiju and gripped her belly with foreboding, she spoke with conviction and confidence though, as if the validity of her information could not be questioned.

"Hmmm?"

"Power is power Suzaku-san," she said with a finality, "That's what separates him from the rest of his ilk..."

She looked backwards towards the sea, towards the sounds of battle in the distance.

"There are plenty Sanada, plenty who've wielded the Celestial Body," she said finally, "There's only one Fist. The Celestial Body is only the first of the powers he commands. My cousin Misao assumed that and she was the most skilled I'd ever seen with our bloodline, aside from Masakage himself."

"And what happened to her?"

"She nearly had him beat..."

"And?"

"And then he punched her head clean off her shoulders with a single blow."

"Nyah! How cuuuuuuute~! He sounds really really special!"

"So do you Baekho! So do you!"

*Puuuuuurrrrrrrrrr*

~~~

Stupid bitch, thinking she can just slice me in half and kill my ass and I won't do anything? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Fuck her. Fuck her. Fuck her. Fuck her.

You feel productive?

Shut up!

No, but really, how you gonna respond to this? She's a Jinchuriki and she ain't fuckin' round--also Hitoko may have beaten you at janken! There's a lot to process here and shit!

Fuck processing!

Real mature!

Fuck mature! I'm arguing with myself while holding my breath under the sea while my best friend/mentor fights a goddamn demon vessel while flyin' around like some sorta evil, hard hitting firefly! This calls for one thing and one thing only!

Really?

Big problems call for big solutions...

Fuck it! You know I'm down!

Of course you are! You're me!

Underneath the water, deep beneath the waves and now fully healed (with his pants and OG legs intact) he extended his wings and flashed his steel katana.

This was a technique of Sunagakure, from a school of Ninjutsu Hitoko himself had taught Sanshiro the foundations of during their travels. There could be no surer way to bond two ninjas from different countries, no purer expression of trust than the sharing of village secrets...

Fist would never take such teachings for granted.

Underneath the water he gripped the blade with both hands and pointed it forward, positioning himself beneath the whirling and powerful mass that commanded the surface. The beast and powerful kraken aka'd as Huyen-Vu...

A'ight Vu-Chan! You think the water's your friend, huh?

Bitch, BET!

He swung his blade with all his might, it moved slow through the water, the ocean itself fighting against the Fist...

But when he was done with his swing--a hurricane would be unleashed upon the woman in blue.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Last edited by Bukowski; 03-04-2019 at 01:27 AM..
Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #14
Hitoko

She couldn’t find his rhythm, it was frustrating.

Massive limbs imbued by chakra moved at awkward angles in an attempt at defense, but became severed in swift intervals that crept closer and closer to the protective dome of water collected about her. Arriving at a blended state of being between herself and her Bijuu, Huyen Vu’s wide concentration narrowed with each Kraken arm dismantled. Graceful facial features curved the subtle tugs of aggression that twisted the edge of her lips. With eyes that remained closed, it was evident that this woman never relied on sight in order to see her surroundings. Instead, painted upon a landscape of darkness – a canvas which were the back of her eyelids – Genbu granted their vessel its senses. Through this connection, Huyen could feel the ethereal hue left by the imprints of a person’s chakra signature with ease. No matter how fast an object or person was, she should have been capable of following their every movement.

This wasn’t the first time she’d dealt with opponents in terms of speed.

But it was the first time she couldn’t anticipate where they’d be.

It made her frustrated.

A visceral anger manifested in the bubbling coat of Kraken limbs. A subdued sense of sullen outrage she kept soothed by inner monologues and coping mechanisms. But at this moment, surrounded by the sound of splitting wind that exploded in orchestral pockets as she moved to fortify her guard, she couldn’t help but hear the husked voice of Genbu reaching toward her, vocals like a section of violins drowning her hearing.

No.

I can handle this.

Defeat is not an option.

They are counting on me to be their shield.

What good is a shield if I cannot protect the ones I…

...Can handle this. I am not worthless. I am worth more than less.

No need to worry. I am grace. A shield. Unstoppable.

For them–

–A massive thud against her spherical armor snapped her eyes wide open.

I must applaud you, I can see that you don’t allow your anger to consume you.

And there that man was, ruby eyes gazing into the water as if she were an exhibit.

Which must be courtesy of not wanting to be overwhelmed by the beast the lurks within you, correct?

Spears of water jolted from the armored orb toward the shinobi, but they only cut through his image, which shuttered before dissipating.

But your practiced state of zen alone must be exhausting, yeah?

From behind? She followed the voice with a rash wave of her arm, emitting a series of sharpened pieces of sea that pierced through nothing.

By focusing on containing your poise, you’ve lost sight of everything.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN – !?

–But that’s when she finally saw it.

Your rhythm, in our waltz, Huyen-dono,” Renchishin Hitoko spoke from an elevated altitude, looking down at the woman in blue, “I took the lead a long time ago, didn’t you notice?

We’ve been dancing together this entire time.

The mural of a dragon, painted upon the ethereal hues of chakra. How could she have ignored it this entire time? He’d been drawing her focus from the very start. She thought she stirred the storm that occupied their environment like a personal calling card of disaster, cut Sanshiro in twain to solidify their sonata of demise and played her solo with gusto. But she didn’t see it until now. She didn’t notice the way a wave of moisture, stirred from her storm, flowed skyward. Through the heightened senses that Genbu bestowed upon her, she could finally feel the specks of chakra that gathered quiet hymns of thunder that crooned within dark clouds, which outlined him, this man, whose steady ruby stare shuddered her to the core.

No one informed her that a dragon slept in Sunagakure.

You’ve made a bad move, little Turtle.

These words, almost instantaneously, made her aware that he was tactful in guiding her attention from Sanshiro, too.

But before she could respond, that was when lightning sang from the clouds; abrupt, loud and with soul.

Aimed to fracture her fortress in two – too.

Yobigoe no Raikou no Jutsu | Call of Lightning Technique

Last edited by Hitoko; 03-05-2019 at 01:47 AM..
Old 03-05-2019, 09:56 AM   #15
Bukowski
Elvis Freshley

I was born of a great storm and from it my name has endured
The Fist, a natural force, a wind that carried destruction
I am the fire and I am the flame
I am Konoha's commander in waiting
I am all the Leaf greats, their legacy is my future
From ruin came my rebirth
From destruction came my salvation
I was born of a great storm
And today

I unleash it upon you and shit.

There was a mantra being chanted below, deep within the confines of Sanada Sanshiro's mind. The Jutsu he had just performed required precise and patient control. Fist was more the explosions and punching type. He needed to focus in his own way, singing songs had been something he had learned at the academy. Funny the childhood security blankets that find their way to manhood.

The thunder came from above, shattering the defense of the Genbu Jinchuriki with a natural power and ease--Hitoko had been true to his word from the beginning. The goal had always been to create an opening for Fist to take advantage of...

Likely if it had been Sanshiro or Hitoko alone, Huyen-Vu's great defenses could've withstood more.

If her focus hadn't been divided, perhaps she could've both delayed and destroyed the two shinobi who faced her as individuals.

But as a tandem?

Hitoko's thunder came from above...

The Fist's storm came from below.

The ocean had been manipulated first by the demon vessel and now by the prodigy of Leaf. It twisted and turned with powerful chakra, nearly all of his power and focus going towards whipping up the storm he had conjured in front of him. He wondered, considering the desert of Wind Country, if any shinobi from that land had ever performed this jutsu at sea, much less underneath the water.

There were certain consequences.

The water above Fist and surrounding Huyen-Vu coalesced into a gigantic container, a tube, a literal typhoon that soon devoured the and consumed the woman in blue above.

The thunder crashed down, breaking the wall of water...

The water rose up, twisted and claimed Huyen-Vu for her own...

Don't get sucked into this shit Hitobro, I can barely control it...

And from the sea, a little distance from the storm, The Fist flew up and jumped into the air and out of the water himself, his wings tucked, he landed on the water and his feet focused chakra unto the surface itself.

The wind could no longer be trusted, neither could the sea.

I need to focus and shit...I'm the storm...I'm the storm...I'm the fuckin' storm...

He put all his weight down, he took a fighting stance, he gripped his blade and he focused his mind.

I'm the motherfucking storm!
I'm the thunder and the waves!
I'm the fire and the flames!
I'm the motherfucking storm!

I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING STORM! BEHIND EVERY FIST ANOTHER FIST!

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Old 03-07-2019, 01:58 AM   #16
Hitoko

And the sky was much clearer now.

Bright. Blue. Crisp.

Seagulls cawed and chirped alongside a cloudless sky at the edge of her blurred vision, although she wasn’t able to hear them – their voices muffled and stifled – she knew the sound. But what happened? Her memory was a bit hazy, to say the least. When she tried to piece the moments together, a subdued fatigue kept her still. Why wasn’t she able to move? With sight resembling a fringe of mist that created blended hues of murky brightness, Huyen Vu moved her head with steady precision in an attempt to capture her location. She could barely tell where she was, aching body pulsating with the rhythm of her strained breaths. A weak gaze befell her landscape, where she realized she was surrounded by a lake of sand that sank into the sea, which begged the question – when did she arrive on the seashore? And furthermore:

What was he doing here?

Seated moments away from her and staring off into the distance was that ruby eyed man once more, but he looked rather calm. Long knots of dreaded hair adorned in shimmering cufflinks and rings swayed with the brisk turn of his head as he finally noticed her right next to him, as if she’d finally regained consciousness after a long period of time. How long had they’d been there, by the seashore, looking off at the horizon? The dark skinned man’s lips parted in speech as he gestured to someone – probably Sanshiro – out of her sight, but she couldn’t hear him either. His voice sounded like it was coming from another room, blanketed in layers of thick sound proofing and repressed even more than she’d liked to admit. Why couldn’t she move her body, even when she tried? Why did it feel like she was only seeing through one eye? Why exactly could she not hear anything clear?

Huyen Vu’s heart skipped a beat.

Am I...dying…?

Even in the darkness of it all.

...Genbu?

With ears ringing like she was hit with a stun grenade.

...Are we...dying…?

She could always make out their voice, the voice of –

–Genbu…? When did we…?

The lightning? The storm? It carried us...

...here?

To the island? How long has this man been…?

Here.

Hitoko’s...his name?

...Speak up, Genbu, I can’t hear you….

Your voice….drifting….i-it’s too far away–

–Tired? You’re tired, Genbu?

A nap sounds….peaceful, Genbu. Y-yes, rest.

I’ll be here when you rise again…

Genbu.

Huyen couldn’t ascertain what part of the island they’d been carried to, or for how long they’d been there. She couldn’t ascertain the amount of damage that ravaged her body to the point where molding chakra was out of the question, but she noticed that she’d been seated upright, as if it were intentional for her to be facing the sea and its glorious waves. She hadn’t noticed the large cater her impact to the island had created, nor did her nerves register the third degree burns that baked flesh from skin, or the broken and dismembered limbs that contorted from joints. Pieces of her Victorian themed armor set carved a path that outlined her trajectory to the shore, but she didn’t notice that either. Rather, with stiff breaths wheezing through punctured lungs, tears warmed an opened eye as she lifted a trembling right hand, reaching out toward a vision of Genbu, or the sight of the crisp blue sea, or even a sullen attempt to reach past the fear that drowned her in despair as she reached toward serenity, the unexpected happened.

She felt a warmth envelop her hand.

It was kind, and gentle.

Opening the scope of her gaze, she looked down and saw that his hand was there, too. A chocolate hand was holding onto her hand, as well. This person that Sanshiro brought along – Hitoko, her enemy – he was holding her hand with such amiable intimacy, as if the two had been friends for a lifetime. Huyen Vu didn’t mind this at all. It was – soothing, she thought. To have someone there, with her, when her sisters or Genbu could not. It was – necessary, she knew. With tears that left tepid streaks down her cheek, a feeling of peace washed over her as the two sat there, hand and hand, watching the sea together.

It was so bright, so blue, so crisp.

Just like Huyen Vu’s last breath.

Which mirrored the clear sky.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #17
Bukowski
Elvis Freshley

"You're a gentle soul and shit, Dragon..."

The Fist muttered to himself as he turned his attention to the sea...

"I suppose to do the shit we do and stay sane--you gotta be."

He gripped his katana hilt as the waves lapped upon the shore--Hitoko was the expert diplomat and compartmentalizer. The man was cooler than a Yuki-nin sipping a milkshake in a snowstorm.

The Fist was about as subtle as a fart in a monastery.

It had been in Metsubishi, their first mission together, that Hitoko had endeavored to embark upon The Fist the virtue of restraint and the honor of treating an opponent with respect. It hadn't stuck all the way but Hitoko's lessons stuck more than most. Sanshiro's world view was simple minded, it relied upon fire and absolutes. Blacks and whites. Goods and evils. The older he got, the less that world view made sense. The less anything did...

When the world didn't make sense...getting stronger had.

He looked at Huyen-Vu's corpse and then at Hitoko...

I shouldn't have dragged you into this taichou...

I'm unworthy of that title and you're worth more than dying on this fuck ass cursed ass island...

So why did you come? Why did I come to you?

This was ultimately a Sanada struggle and the more Fist pondered the situation, the more certain he was sure that Masakage had planned in full to both goad Sanshiro into a trap and achieve his goal of creating a Jinchuriki out of his own child. This guard of Sanada Mika seemed highly skilled and demon hosts themselves. This was a trap designed to achieve both mission success and to end with the Fist's death. Sanshiro had fallen into that trap with shocking predictability and with an equally predictable abandon...

And he had dragged the Sennin of Sand in with him.

"You know it'll get harder from here, it always does," The Fist continued to look at the waves, "I won't lie and tell you that I don't need your help and shit, I clearly still do," his grip tightened on his katana's hilt--he would've lit up another cigarette but his whole pack was soaked through, "You don't have to do this. It ain't your fight or your responsibility Dragon."

The Fist looked at his stomach, not a scar was there, but his pants were stained with his blood and only now beginning to dry in the island sun.

There would be more blood shed by the end of this for certain...

And sometimes you have to be gentle in the present to allow your conscience to be harsh in the future.

He shook his head...

In battle he was so lighthearted, on the way to the Island he had been confident with Hitoko by his side and now Fist was paralyzed a bit with doubt and choked by the grip of insecurity. Dry land had seemed to dry up his spirit and humble his resolve.

You need to move forward Sanshiro...

Again and again and again. Over and over and over and over.

Behind every fist, another fist.

He closed his eyes and turned towards Hitoko...

"You ready and shit?"

A stupid question.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Last edited by Bukowski; 03-07-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #18
Hitoko

Oh, no worries, Fist-kun.”

There was a quite humility to the Sennin’s movement now.

I’m fully aware of the stakes, and I understand where I stand in all of this.

As Huyen Vu’s body went limp, he laid her corpse upon the sand and stood up.

Know that it’d be criminally shortsighted of me to leave you, my friend, here while in need.

Pooling some sea water that found its way near the crater in hand, the Dragon began to scrub dried crimson from his fingers.

During our first escapade, I could’ve easily said the same to you–

And then he collected some pieces of the woman’s armor, framing the fragments around the body.

–I could’ve mentioned how this wasn’t your responsibility, and you’d had more of a reason to pull out from the mission because we didn’t know each other at all at that point.

He buried her corpse, grains of sand forming a high mound with her shattered hitai-ate as the grave’s centerpiece.

But even then, the comradery was strong. Now? Even stronger.

Placing armor clad knuckles into the palm of his hand, Renchishin Hitoko performed a short martial bow as a sign of respect to their fallen opponent.

This maybe your story, Fist-shounen, but know I’m here to shoulder the responsibility as best as I can, ya’know?

That’s what friends do.

Spine erecting back to his full height, the loc’ed hair of the Sennin swayed once more as he turned to face Sanada Sanshiro. The calm sea breeze created a peaceful updraft of wind which caught the saffron hued fabric of Hitoko’s robe, which billowed with its ascent. Affirming the Leaf shinobi’s question with a nod and wide smile, Renchishin Hitoko stepped a few paces past Sanshiro – giving him a light good work punch on the shoulder – and pointed toward the forest.

So what’s our next move, Taichou?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #19
Bukowski
Elvis Freshley

His eyes widened at Hitoko and then his smile returned to his face...

If this was the end of him, at least he did have a friend at his side, a weapon in his hand and the knowledge that he was giving it all to save his country and family. The Fist couldn't shrink from the humongous pressure of the moment and the vigilant stare of history that kept chasing him from country to country and from battle to battle.

He was twelve years old when he became a shinobi--how was he to know better? He couldn't foresee the life he would lead...

But the smile on his face spoke an undeniable truth...

He had dreamed it. He had prayed, night after night, for moments and battles exactly like this. Now that it was here? Could he really do anything but rise to the occasion?

He wouldn't back down in this moment, with or without Hitoko, but part of the dream of this great shinobi lifestyle was the camaraderie and companionship that developed within the eye of the storm.

Hitoko's words affirmed that Fist was doing what he was meant to do, regardless of how predictable it was.

"While those who break the rules of the ninja world are scum, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

I know why I came to you, you know why you came with me...

We were living this life before we knew what it was.

He walked up to Huyen-Vu's grave and knelt before it, he said a quick prayer and then rose up, walking ahead towards the forest Hitoko pointed towards.

"We track 'em down--they're heading to a temple for a ritual, there has to be a path or they've had to have left one, they can't be good enough to avoid being caught by us two."

His eyes filled with the same flame they had on the ship...

"You still can do the legwork or has the Dragon Emperor gotten rusty if he ain't slangin' palms?"

~~~

Deep within the woods the group of four women wandered and then three stopped. Sanada Mika looked around quickly with a sense of paranoia--she thought they had been ambushed for the Island of Spirit's was not a friendly place especially for a woman who was 9 months pregnant.

There was no enemy though...

"Shiseiju! Why are we stopping--we cannot delay the ritual!"

Baekho was, unsurprisingly, the first to answer...

"T-they did it."

"They did what?"

"They killed her," Qing-Long said without her trademark confidence, "They killed Huyen Vu--at sea."

"This changes nothing--we move forward with ritual."

"Nyah! Suzu-chan! This changes everything! We cannot let them kill one of our own!"

"This is a ritual about birth Baekho," Suzaku said serenely, "We need peace for that, if Mika or the child were to perish--this whole thing would be for naught."

"Then what do we do?"

"Where one failed--why not send two?", Mika spoke up, "I'll move forward with Suzaku towards the ritual site, you two retreat and seek to ambush The Dragon Emperor and The Fist."

"And avenge Vu-Chan!"

Suzaku stared at Mika and then towards Qing-Long and Baekho, she nodded solemnly and the two Shiseiju leaped into the trees and in the opposite direction of the pregnant Sanada and their tall, melancholy leader...

Murder and vengeance on both of their minds.

To be continued...

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant