iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Mizu
Snow GM

Default A Shot of Adrenaline

So, Engi is a wonderful, beautiful place full of talented writers with a million ideas. We craft stories and inspire others to join in and every thread we basically publish chapters and sagas with other people, which is collaborative and whimsical and I love it.

I have a gargantuan task of getting new members involved, and I'm so excited to do so. That being said, I know I'll need to outsource some jobs. I'm starting up a few social media channels to create some buzz and get people who should be here in here.

So, I'm looking for people to get referrals. If you get someone old back and active again, awesome. If you have a friend or online buddy that joins, also awesome.

People deserve to be rewarded, so if you're involved in getting this place hopping again, I will make it worth it to you.

I also need your artistic ideas and abilities. If you have any quality art or writing that you feel embodies Engi, send it my way. As I'm creating posts for the various channels, I want it to have a cohesive vision while still feeling truly collaborative to viewers. I'm doing bios on clans, discussing village histories (without inundated exposition), cool jutsu ideas. So send me your ideas, I want to hear what you got.

Cheers.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Not sure how to start this communication. I remember that back when I wrecked up the pro boards rps that there was always an affiliated board that you could advertise your site on, get a linked button on their site that would show on the homepage, and in return, we would host a button for said affiliate at our home page. I'll have to go troll my old haunts and see if there are any spots that we can start affiliating.

As was always my jam, active sites beget active sites and some doers would love to have a site like this to be a foil to some of their other active sites.

Maybe we could nominate some of our current members to be Intro-Mods, and can offer to help new members through the occasional hefty process of getting through our RP info.

As for examples of great writing that we can send off to other sites, I'll search some of the beloved threads I've read and seen written by my fellows. What kind of material are you hoping to send out?

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Based Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Bass
Community Moderator

Funny you should mention that n_x

An "Intro-Squad" was already something I had in mind for parts of my own Mod task (While Mizu is roping people in, my own gargantuan task is making them feel like staying) So I'm glad to see great minds are thinking alike. If you get any more ideas like that do send them my way, and that goes for everybody, as I want to hear everyone's suggestions on how to make Engi even more welcoming than it is, for old and new members alike.

As for things that might help you Mizu; I've had it in the back of my mind now to illustrate some of Engi's more in/famous characters and scenes in my spare time. While obviously not something that can be rattled off quickly, if you had key people/scenes you are planning to use as examples in your advertising I could try and put those at the top of the illustration to-do list.
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Mizu
Snow GM

Bass, original art is exactly what I had in mind. Scenes like Fukumen and the Grass horrors, the cloud war, and the Sand Priest issues would be awesome. Introducing the non-shinobi lands and the Miko chicks would be amazing, too. Even a current lineup of the five (or more) Kages would be incredible.

In fact, a lineup of the Kages would be my number one request.

Any art that anyone has, send it to me. I want to stay away from just reposting imageshack stolen art (I'm so guilty of this).

And Kiba/Bass, sign me up as a intro-mod for people. I know I only got a start here because White Shirou said, "yeah. Hyuuga eye implants in a mist chuunin puppeteer probably won't work." I think we should all big brother/sister new members. That RP info can be very daunting.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Also down to be an intro-mod. Mizu and Bass I've got some ideas I'd love to run past you. I'll hit you up with a PM in a few days once I free up a bit

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote