iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Default [Spoilers] Naruto Chapter 699 & 700

We dun been through a whole lot

15 years, really? It's been 15 years? When I started reading Naruto, I was his age (12) and now that the manga is finished and I'm Kakashi's age (26). How'd you feel about it's conclusion?

Personally, chapter 700 made it for me, seeing the next generation and Naruto as Hokage was like - finally, I can move on with my life (not really because I'm still here though, lol).
Hitoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
darkbeauty
DaButt

15 years and all we get it Salad. SMH. I am underwhelmed and disappointed and they have computers, what the hell, okay. Whatever. Over it.

[Katsumi] - [Maho] - [Tomoko] - [Tsukio] - [Ritsuke] - [Shiori] - [Miyuki]

Grass Secondary GM
[9:07:30 PM] M.Cain: She's been super important her whole life,
and super important to Grass for like a few years.

Items
Swaps
AP
darkbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

I think Deebs hit it on the head. Underwhelmed might be the best word. Most of the shit you knew was going to end up how it did the very first time you were introduced to it and if you didn't catch it then, you did by the end of the Chuunin Exams. Mainly the marriages and offspring. There wasn't any real surprises or plot twists which sucked.

I was really looking forward to the end of the manga, especially the last chapter. 699 had more feels for me. 700 did a nice job of tying up the... not really important ends but it did put everything that the fans seemed to be hanging on in a nice, pretty little box with a bow on it. I was more interested in the state of the villages and the world. Like, what about the other bijuu? Did the whole world just get all lovey and peaceful once they rebuilt?

And my god, don't get me started on the kid's names.

Also... either Kabuto was seeing Sakura on the side, or Karin pulled some of that crazy medic shit and stole some of Sasuke's sperm, impregnated her own egg, and then stuck it in Sakura to give birth to. That kid just looks malicious. :x And you know, down the road, there will be a little Sakura/Sasuke/Naruto/Hinata grandchild.

Oh yeah... and Narutoverse has had computers. Remember there were some laptop looking devices in Choji's room that were monitoring his vitals after the fight with Jirobo. And there was a desktop computer in the analysis office. So they were there earlier on, but seemed to have a specialized use. The real question is, what was Naruto looking at :3

Last edited by Sinnocent; 11-06-2014 at 10:33 PM..
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
merdle
Robot Admin

I think 699 and 700 each were meant to satisfy groups of the fandom.

699 (and 698 before it, I guess) was the 'oh man watch as these two let out their strange friendship frustration for the final time! isn't that crazy. Sasuke still doesn't make sense, but at least he stopped wanting to kill everyone' and then 700 was 'Ship confirmation, the chapter'

Chouji gave birth to Precious. Sakura is raising Karin's baby. Hinata and Naruto managed to give birth to a pair of clones of themselves. It was a nice end to the wild ride. Though I want to know more about what Sasuke saw.

They could make a cute new generation, but alas, the series is over.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

Actually, they're planning on a mini-series next Spring. Not sure how 'mini' the series will be but it is supposed to tell "a newly budding Konoha story." The preview silhouette had what looked to be Naruto as a kid but the page was released before the end of the manga itself. Quite a number of people, myself included, were betting that Naruto had a kid and it will be his era. Could be completely wrong in that though and it could be filler stories from when Naruto was little and not have Bolt at all. Which would be awesome because I seriously can't deal with those freaking names.

And Jump J Books are starting a series of side-stories that will start with Kikashi. Those aren't going to be written by Kishi though. It's from the one who is doing the last movie. Higashiyama(?) I think.

All of this is supposed to be the launch of a "huge" new project called New Era. So, we might just be looking at the next Kochikame.

OH! Am I the only one who saw Gaara in 700 and thought of 2007-ish Toby Maguire?

Last edited by Sinnocent; 11-07-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
Chi_Chika
I'd build you an Empire...

It makes me slightly upset that Sakura advanced so far and then ended up being what seems to be a housewife. LOL at Sasuke knocking her up and leaving her with the kid though. Or Karin's kid. I have no idea. Why is her name Salad?

DAT technology advancement. I mean jeez. Skyscrapers and laptops. We're going to have space ninjas here soon. Oooh maybe that's the new era they speak of.

MFW we will probably never know what's under Kakashi's mask. Even on the freakin' mountain, he is wearing a mask/we don't see the bottom of the face. Ffffffff.

Naruto is not a good father. First he names his kid Bolt then he ignores the kid. Way to be.
Chi_Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
merdle
Robot Admin

The biggest advancement of their era is the addition of the letter L to their alphabet.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #8
Ajoi
[Insert "Catchphrase" Here]

I've been so removed from the scene when reading, the actual ending of the series (although I knew it was coming) has made me extremely nostalgic. I started reading at the beginning too and now I'm Jounin age. I read it from 694 to 700 all at once. Actually, while on my lunch break as a teacher.

Its just crazy how much this manga had an impression on me. I haven't become really disillusioned with the manga like a lot of the readers I saw on reddit when I checked the sub. I'm just happy I got on board for the ride. Its feels like when I was a kid and watched all of Dragon Ball Z as the episodes were released on Toonami. I was juiced, in spite the fillers & bs, to watch the next episode of the Cell saga. And now that I mention it, I dont think I ever sat and watched all of the Buu saga. But, either way, it was a daily experience I had that I didn't share with most of my friends; manga and anime just have sorta been my little side thing. And, for a while - possibly 4 or so years - I hadn't followed anything beside Naruto. And, not nearly as religiously as I did when I was in high school.

Its like, damn - its over? Wild...

Welp, thats it. I dont read anymore mangas beside Naruto. I guess I'll watch the movie and read the mini-series, but beside that I appreciate the fact it led me here, helped me give a crap about writing, which in turn made me an English major & stick it thru school. So, yeah, man, good shit.

And, NaruHina is canon now so thats legit.

Listening to: "First Impact" by Riot Rhythm/Sealab 2012

Last edited by Ajoi; 11-08-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Ajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #9
SleepyNin
Hardcore Member

I'll be 100 percent honest, I don't understand most of the complaints people have about the epilogue.

Why are people so upset that they have laptops? Are we forgetting these people already had TVs, Radios, regular computers and other technology? It's not that crazy of a jump honestly.

I don't have a problem with Boruto/Bolt as a name.

I also don't see Naruto being as neglectful as people say he is. I mean, all we know is that the kid acts out because he wants more attention from his dad. Doesn't mean that Naruto doesn't try to make it work. I've seen arguments that "Naruto could just have used a kage bunshin to keep bolt happy" but how would you have felt about having a clone looking after you instead of your actual dad? It'd be worse I think.

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
SleepyNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:50 AM   #10
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

^I agree.

Ending satisfied my soul. That is all.
Hitoko is offline   Reply With Quote