iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:06 AM   #1
Cayuga
Elder Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 820
Default [Mission]Boogy Nights

The pain from the fight with Kouken no more than a week ago had really put a damper on his physical training. In the days following the aftermath of the mission Sosu could barely do his normal one hundred push-ups. However, after long nights and endless aggression towards the betterment of his physical fitness, Sosu is now back to nearly 100%. It was a sigh of relief towards his future goal of becoming the most well-known shinobi in Sunagakure. Like per usual Sosu arose from his bed; the sun barely peering over the horizon. His pet gecko laid upon the window sill enjoying the cool desert air and ushering in the unfathomable heat soon to come.

Today was a new day and as the groans of his bones and the aches of his muscles hindered him just slightly from standing at the foot of his bed he became anew. Shuffling towards the dining area of his dwelling he was welcomed to an amazing aroma that had become all too familiar. Eggs, bacon, oatmeal; all the smells of an amazing breakfast waited for him in the other room. Once the formalities and the consuming of breakfast had finished a knock on the door echoed through the sandy home.

Sosu stood from his place at the table with a groan as he headed towards the door. Upon opening the door he was greeted by what looked like a courier. He wore all the official garbs of a sand shinobi, the only difference was the word he carried with him as well. Thanking the man Sosu shut the door and began to read the letter. Both the gecko perched on Sosu’s shoulder and his own eyes went over the mission specs.

It seemed like a simple one indeed; disband and capture bandits and convicts. This was something that would definitely make his name come out of the mouth of more and more citizens more so. However, what made him gleam with happiness even more was the fact that Renchinshin Ume would be his partner. The thought to outperform that girl had given him even more sense of urgency. The letter stated that all participants were to meet at the residences of Sumiregawa Megumi.

“You’re going to come with me buddy.” Sosu stated to his gecko as he headed off towards his day.
Cayuga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,205
Default

Upon first inspection, the setting seemed to be the same. The sun's shining rays beat down mercilessly, encasing the desert village in an almost oppressive heat. A swift breeze blew through the streets, desperately trying to deliver some relief to the myriad of villagers hustling about their daily routine. And yet, despite the familiarity of the situation, for Furude Eri everything had changed.

It had been only a few weeks since the introduction of the Spartoi project, the Kazekage's newest initiative dedicated to reviving the glorious past of their village. Seemingly out of nowhere, at least in her eyes, Eri had been thrust into a prominent role in this campaign, given levels of responsibility she had never dreamed of attaining. Her three charges placed under her were progressing nicely; unfortunately however, Eri was informed that for a few days their training would have to be postponed as the children completed certain administrative proceedings.

Despite her students' absence, it seemed as though a vacation was regrettably not in the cards for the jounin sensei. While her students were away, she had been summoned by the bureau to assist in a rather interesting request. Retrieving a small scroll from her jacket pocket, Eri unfurled it to once again review the mission details.

Quote:

Furude-Sensei,

Congratulations again on your recent assignment to the Spartoi project. Your work in developing the next generation of Sand shinobi is truly an honor, and should be viewed as a duty of paramount importance.

However, your skills are currently needed in assisting with a rather peculiar request. Sumiregawa Megumi has invested quite a large sum in hopes of recovering her lost past. Her memory is fragmented, indicative of a serious case of retrograde amnesia. One of her few remaining clear memories involves the city of Zoukei.

You will be supervising Len Sosu, a KAZE Chuunin, as well as Renchinshin Ume, also of KAZE. Investigate the area to the client’s satisfaction, and report back to Headquarters with your findings. Allow your charges the opportunity to investigate the area themselves, but intervene when you feel it is necessary. Consider it an extra opportunity to develop instruction methods for the genin under your tutelage.

Be forewarned, reports indicate a high level of outlaw and bandit activity in and around the city of Zoukei. Maintain a high level of vigilance, and exercise extreme caution when engaging anyone in the area. We look forward to your success.
Upon first glance, it was obvious that the mission specs were tailored towards the investigative nature of the KAZE division. One could easily question the strategy behind assigning Eri to accompany the two investigators in the first place. After all, quiet subterfuge had never particularly been a strength of hers; her moniker conveyed that weakness quite clearly. However, as a supervisory role, teaching and molding two young shinobi hoping to climb the ranks, perhaps her presence could be of benefit after all.

She tied up the mission scroll once more, placing it neatly back within her jacket pocket. Wiping the sweat off her brow, she moved towards the guard station near the main gate, hiding in the shade in a unsuccessful attempt to escape the relentless heat. She placed the large scroll containing her Gauntlet upon the sand as she awaited the arrival of the two investigators.
__________________



I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Wess
Hardcore Member
 
Wess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Polk County, North Carolina
Posts: 1,313
Default

Ume carried herself with purpose, not stopping once on her trek from Ryugu-jo towards Sunagakure’s outer district. Her eyes were hardened with a kind of seriousness only a child could muster, and for the most part, she seemed unwavering, focused. Hardships had robbed her of much of her innocence, but more so than that, her new station had. With the introduction of the latest bunch of academy graduates, Ume was cast upward from her title of rookie, and she was left to sit and watch as they reached for greater heights than she. It was almost irksome; the Kazekage hadn’t focused his time and effort on her like he was doing them, and naturally, the little genin felt that she had something to prove. Not just to her superiors, but to those beneath her.

Dressed in a thin, red cheongsam that was cut just above the knee and trimmed with elements of gold and images of mythology, the little genin couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief as a breeze picked up and ruffled the white, loose fitting pants she wore underneath. The day was unusually hot; not enough to make the caramel colored preteen sweat profusely, but enough to draw a thin veil of water onto her forehead. She was someone used to these temperatures - Ryugu-jo, for some reason, always seemed a little bit hotter than Sunagakure. Perhaps it was because of all of the dragons.

“Furude-sensei, a pleasure to finally meet you.”

The little girl’s voice was soft but firm, like her namesake, the plum. She smiled, lips pulling back to her gum-line as they exposed every white tooth, including her strangely strangely sharp canines. She bowed low, rising after a few moments and crossing her arms. She turned toward the other member of the team, cocking her head to one side. She recognized the boy too; not from a picture though, but from her time with him in the past.

Part of her didn’t know what to do. Genuine was something that Ume was, through and through, and faking excitement wasn’t something she was very good at doing.

“Sosu-senpai… I look forward to working with you. Again.”
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
Cayuga
Elder Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Sosu was finally getting a name for himself around Sunagakure and it was so much so that he would have the honor of teaming with a Spartoi Sensei and his rival Renshinchin. It was a match made in heaven and he would prove to not only himself but to his superiors that he could hang with anyone that he was grouped with. This would be the first time in a long time that he would be apart of a three man cell and he would make the best of it. Overlooking the two woman that made up the team gave him a sense of uniqueness and also a sense of being the minority. He was in the presence of two very well known sand shinobi and he was nobody currently. This was the moment he had been waiting for.

”You as well Ume. I look forward to fighting along side you as well. We did a great job a few days ago against that duo on your clangrounds.” Sosu murmured, trying to hold his tongue from spilling out a cocky remark.

”Furude-Semsei, it is an honor to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you and your skills. Defense is your best offense and I hope that shield of yours can truly work like they say it can. Now, before we go anywhere. I would like to ask you Furude-Sensei to lead. You are the superior and would be honored to learn from your approach.” Sosu confidently spoke highly of the short woman.

Sosu knew the trip to Zoukei wouldn’t be a hard one with the group that he had and he was more then excited to get the show on the road. He really was going to make this day about him and his skill. Their client, Sumiregawa Megumi, would be undoubtedly be waiting for them at this point and he was hoping that there would be a nice array of adventure with this one.
Cayuga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:21 AM   #5
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,205
Default

"O-oh my! Ume-san, so nice to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about you from your classmates!"

The girl was cute, with piercing red eyes and a wide smile that disguised what Eri knew to be a cunning strength. After all, she was no ordinary genin, but a student of Hitoko-sama himself. Despite Ume only being ten years of age, Eri felt an enormous responsibility in accompanying her on this mission. She had to train Hitoko-sama's student? She almost fainted from the pressure alone.

She turned to the chuunin, Len Sosu, as he addressed her for the first time. He had done his homework it seemed, his keen knowledge of her abilities causing her to blush. She could only hope that somehow he wasn't also aware of her moniker. 'The Colossus' was never too fond of that nickname.

"M-me lead?! A-are you sure?"

It wasn't that Eri lacked confidence, she fully understood that she could complete the mission on her own. Her trepidation arose from the fact that she had been instructed merely to supervise. She was supposed to let the two Investigators act on their own, to grow as both shinobi and detectives using their talents in the field. She nervously retrieved the document from her jacket pocket, reviewing it to make sure she read it correctly.

Well, it did say to let them "investigate" on their own. Perhaps I could lead; I guess that isn't technically against KAZE's wishes...

"Well yes...I suppose I can. But once we get there, y-you should do the investigating...that is, if you want to I mean!"

Her face began to turn red as she nervously addressed the pair before her. Without saying another word, she hoisted her sealed weapon upon her back and began moving towards the main gate. She turned to face her two charges, motioning them to follow as a nervous smile spread across her face.

"V-very well then, shall we?"

===================

The trip to Zoukei was relatively uneventful as the trio found themselves stopping at a quiet location on the outskirts of the bustling city. The restaurant itself was nearly devoid of customers; Eri counted only the three Sand shinobi and a single woman seated near the rear of the establishment. No doubt, the woman was the contact for this mission, Sumiregawa Megumi. She quickly turned to the chuunin and whispered quietly so as not to draw too much attention to their presence.

"Sosu-san...the letter, I mean the mission...well it said to let you investigate. W-would you like to talk to the client?"

===================

__________________



I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #6
Cayuga
Elder Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 820
Default

When the group of three entered the small and quaint restaurant it became apparent that this town wasn’t the very popular type. In fact, for Sosu, this meant that it could mean his lead as the head member would become a reality. He had worked hard to become someone within the Village and if he had to he would prove to not only his rival Ume but to the woman that was now overlooking him. Within the restaurant itself there were only the three man cell and another woman. She matched the description of the contract contact but she seemed quite confused and concerned with her situation which gave Sosu second thoughts. However, as Eri began to state her case that Sosu was of the KAZE division, he had no other choice. It didn’t seem like Ume was doing much but twiddle her thumbs waiting for someone to make their move.

”Alright, I will do it. I got this….I got this.” Sosu exclaimed a little unenthusiastic as he stood up from the table. There was nothing more he hated then awkward situation and this might become one of them fairly quickly.

As Sosu began to approach the woman and her table his hands became a little sweaty and his mouth started to become a little dry. For some reason this woman seemed different. Even though she had a confused face and a confined demeanor she seemed strong and determined.

Sumiregawa Megumi is that your name? I am Len Sosu, I am here on account of your contract with the Kazegakure.” Sosu blurted out.

”That would be me, I do remember I sent something out…that is a godsend for these kinds of days. I don’t really remember much, but I do remember places which is why I called you. There is an orphanage on the outskirts of this town and I am asking that you and the rest of your group follows me. I will lead the way.” Megumi whispered through her lips as she stood from her table and walked out the door.

Motioning his team to follow him Sosu could only hope they saw his signal.

Cayuga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,205
Default

“Ah, Yes! That’s the spirit Sosu-kun! I-I believe in you!”

Sosu’s attempts at positive reinforcement were…uninspiring, to say the least. However Furude Eri, ever the optimist when it came to those under her tutelage, still reacted with a gusto that seemed to conflict with her normally reserved personality. As he stood from the table and approached their mission contact, she clasped her hands in front of her, as if praying for the young boy’s success.

She watched anxiously from the table, studying the Chuunin’s efforts. His approach was slightly blunt, if Eri had to criticize, but that was to be expected from someone who had little to no experience in leading missions by themselves. Still, Sosu was able to clearly convey their purpose in approaching the woman, so at least the important details were appropriately communicated. It would have been nice if Sosu had introduced the remainder of the team seated at the table, but the woman seemed to ultimately have no reservations about the group as she leaned in to whisper something to the Chuunin. Eri wasn’t able to hear the woman’s message, but as their contact stood and walked out the door with Sosu trailing close behind, it appeared as though the young man had assuaged any concerns that she had.

Eri breathed a sigh of relief; Sosu had succeeded and the group was now ready to proceed with the mission. As Sosu motioned with his hand to the pair of women still seated at the table, Eri turned to the young Genin across from her.

“Uhm…Ume-chan, shall we?” Eri stated as she rose from her seat at the table. “Sosu-kun can be the main point of contact with Megumi-san, but when we get to the orphanage, I would like to let you conduct some of the investigation. I mean, i-if that’s okay with you Ume-chan!”
__________________



I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #8
Cayuga
Elder Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Sosu was already out of the door when he noticed that the two woman that were accompanying him were still sitting at the table. Maybe it was the fact that Ume was speechless but they had to get the show on the road. It felt like years since they left this small area and it was making Sosu a little uneasy. With a quick scream Sosu made his intentions known to the rest of the group.

Lets go! I am leaving with or without you so you guys can decide what you want to do. Either leave her or come Eri-san. Sosu stated as he closed the door behind him. He would not wait any longer to see if the two would follow him but he hoped at least the guardian with the shield would follow.

Your friends, are they strong? I have a bad feeling about what is about to happen and I am hoping that I am able to figure out what is truly going on here. I know that the orphanage is the place to be but I don’t know what wil happen once we reach it. I hope you and your team are ready. Megumi stated as if she almost knew whom the residence were.
Cayuga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,205
Default

"O-oh. Of course, Sosu. We'll be on our way."

The sudden outburst from the chuunin took Eri quite by surprise. Though he had seemed even-keeled and even respectful during their first meeting, he had become rather blunt since arriving at the tavern. Perhaps it was his focus on the mission or the stress of meeting a client for the first time, but Eri took note that this was a teachable moment. After all, they were on a job for the client; it never hurt to put on a happy face!

The pair of kunoichi rose from the table and were making their way outside to join them, when suddenly a figure darted in front of them. Eri instinctively assumed a combat stance, pushing the Renchinshin girl behind her, before noticing that the man now kneeling before her was dressed in standard shinobi garb. As he raised his head Eri recognized him as a chuunin of the village and let down her guard.

"Forgive me Furude-sensei. I trust that the mission is going well? Unfortunately, I have word from the Renchinshin clan that Ume is to report back immediately to the clan compound for a meeting with the elders."

"Um...b-but we're in the middle of an exercise, and Ume-chan was to gain valuable experience in her field. Can it not wait unti--"

"I'm sorry, Furude-sensei. But the letter I have here..." he stated as he pulled out an envelope embroidered with the Renchinshin seal. "Well, quite frankly it states immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience."

"I-it's no problem. Well, perhaps some other time Ume-chan! Have fun!"

Eri gave the girl a small hug as she departed with the messenger, leaving her and Sosu to complete the mission with their client. She approached the pair, who had by now been waiting several minutes for the kunoichi to join them.

"Hello, Megumi-san," Eri stated as she gave a deep bow of respect to their contact. "T-thank you for entrusting Hidden Sand with your request. I assure you, we will do everything we can to make it a success! Now, Sosu-san...shall we depart? I-I trust you know where we are headed, yes?"

===============================

__________________



I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~


Last edited by Masked_One; 04-18-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Cayuga
Elder Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 820
Default

”I know of the orphanage and I know that there are people in there that are not of the desirable kind. I don’t know if they are organized but there is a possibility that we will be heading into a den of criminals and vandals. We have to be careful. Megumi-san I want you to stick behind us in case of such issues. You might not remember now but if something kick-starts your memory I want to make sure you are safe when it happens.” Sosu stated in a long breathe.

Even though his rival, Ume had left unannounced and ruined a chance for him to show her up it allowed for an even greater challenge. They were now down a person, a strong person at that and if they were able to successfully handle the situation it would make Sosu look even stronger. He wanted to be the best in his generation and to have the recommendation of a Spartoi Sensei it would prove even greater that he is the best.

As the three continued to walk forward out of the town that had just started to grow in life it became quieter. The air seemed calmer and everything seemed silent. It was a little too silent for Sosu but he enjoyed the silence. Peeking out of his shirt was his gecko pet and with his finger he gave him a head pat. The spotted gecko went back into his shirt and continued his rest.

”The orphanage should be around here. I remember this tree, this large rock, I remember this building.” Megumi stated as they came upon a large decrepit building.

The outside seemed worn out and molded but it seemed like enough protection for what could be hiding within the compound.

”We need to be careful, Furude-sensei, please get that amazing looking shield ready. I only need my fists. Megumi-san, can you tell me anything about the criminals in here?

”The only thing I remember is a name Yatagarasu Reiten , I don’t know why but that name is the only thing I remember” Megumi stated half heartily.

With that Sosu opened the door.

Last edited by Cayuga; 05-21-2017 at 07:17 AM..
Cayuga is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump