iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
Mizu
Snow GM

Default [Spoilers] Boruto Episode 2

Thoughts? Academy reject rubs me the wrong way.

But I really like how they're playing on the next generation with them being like, "yeah our dads are friends so we know each other but we're not friends."

I wish there was more explanation of the weird Hyuuga half doujutsu technique Boruto did in the first episode, though.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Mizu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
merdle
Robot Admin

I feel like everyone who isn't based on a character from the original series, feels like an uninspired design. It is pretty Dragon Ball GT, with everyone feeling like remixes of stuff we've seen before.

Most unbelievable part of this whole episode, is the idea that Sai slept with a woman, and produced a child. I don't believe it for a second.
merdle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:26 AM   #3
Geisha
Thus Always to Tyrants

I second the idea that Ino raped Sai and/or donated the materials needed for her to father a child.

I sensing that Boruto, like his name, is just a copycat of Naruto. It literally felt like I was watching an early episode of the original show when he was fighting Iwabe. Right down to the shadow clones.
Geisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
Mizu
Snow GM

So this is for episode two but really I think it can be for all the episodes.

I'm so tired of Metal lee already. Like even the name is sad and obvious. Next there will be a platinum lee and an adamantium lee. Holy hell.

Also, they still don't explain the half-doujutsu thing.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Mizu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
BaronBrigitte
Cosmic Horror

So I finally got around to watching all the Boruto Episodes...

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about Boruto, but one thing I do like is how the characters seem to actually care about each other and they feel like a group of friends. A big problem I had with Naruto was just how mean spirited the main characters were to each other. This is a huge problem, considering the main plot hinges on Naruto and Sasuke's perceived friendship, but no one actually acts like they give a shit about one another until it serves melodrama. It then comes off as manufactured and shallow. Team Kakashi especially is constantly being abusive to one another with few smatterings of genuine friendship in between. This may be indicative of a militarized society cranking out children soldiers, but it's hard for any of the characters to be likable, none the less convince an audience to care about any of them other than "whoa, they do that jutsu thing", when 90% of the cast go out of their way to be assholes.

I mean, Episode 3 of Boruto actually has some characters feeling bad about the way they treat Metal Lee which, to be honest, is more that Rock Lee ever got in the main series. I'm interested to see if the new show makes some likable characters, rather than Naruto, who's "likable" characters were reduced to anyone not given enough screen time to be outright abusive to one another; Hinata, who is a wilting wall flower wifu; Rock Lee, who was the series' whipping child; and Kakashi, who still had to be dragged through a whole backstory of being a tool before literally everyone he ever cares about dies. Sorry, but an overly-tragic backstory don't endear me to a character when they are going around being a murderous shit heel, it only serves to add more melodramatic baggage.

BaronBrigitte is offline   Reply With Quote