iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Virtual Dream
Can See Your Chakra Points

Default [Company] A Striking Catch

Denkousekka
A Striking Catch
[Mission Information]
feat. "White" & "Nanashi"

Koedame no Sato. 2AM.

Koedame was a dead village. After a revolt some years ago, the only people that managed this town so far away was a noble family made up of pirates and yakuza, and anyone with any goddamned sense had long since deserted...or mysteriously disappeared over night. Getting that much information out of anyone had taken Shiro the better part of the night, A dead village thanks to the political climate of shinobi villages rang a little too close home for Shiro’s tastes, so he instead turned his investigations to the mysterious “Nanashi” that he was supposed to be grouping up with for this little Company excursion.

He had had better luck with the history of the port.

She had a good track record, though. Worked with other Company Men in the past, didn’t shy away from the grit of a deadly night. He knew he couldn’t trust the Company - - who had sussed out more information from his past than any group had any right to - - but if he wanted to survive, he’d have to make some concessions. Working for them meant he had access to the tools he needed to perform his work. Armed with a complete shinobi kit for the first time in a long time, he felt an odd sense of peace, like slipping into an old comfortable suit. Maybe it was just the haunted stillness of the night of Koedame making him nostalgic for the endless white of his homeland?

Either way, he approached the designated rooftop and waited in the shadows until a woman made her presence clear. He couldn’t get a read on her at all, from the distance, so he moved into the light from the shadows and spoke the code that the Company had given him.

“Telekinetic dynamite.”

He did his best to keep his voice level as he spoke, his mask reverberating his tones, while he tried to play the game. Codewords had no place in high level shinobi work. Either this person was Nanashi, or he’d kill her for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was no other option. But the Company had specific rules to follow, some likely the dreams and designs of some suit who spent his whole life in the company with no idea of the realities of the field work. A world where only the target had to die. A world where things fit into place neatly.
¤Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 04-03-2019 at 06:46 PM..
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
Bass
Community Moderator

"No."
"They're the last good lead we have, they work with everyone, they have to have information on him"
"I said no, Natsume."
"Please! its been five years... this is our only chance. You of all people know what he did-"
"Its too risky. If you get seen working with them, your ranking will increase, and then you'll be a prime target for hunter-nin everywhere. We'll lose our ability to protect you. Revenge is not worth putting a valuable asset in danger"
"Revenge? This is justice. He killed them. He was the figurehead."
"... You're going to do this regardless of whether you have permission, aren't you"
"Honestly?"
"... Fine."
---

Nanashi wandered slowly to the edge of the rooftop her partner was supposed to meet her at. She'd planned to find some hidden spot to wait in, but she could sense as she arrived that someone else was there too, albeit out of sight, so had instead decided to make herself visible. Either, the stranger she could sense would be the man she was here to meet and would make himself known, or was some unlucky fool who had picked a terrible spot for a smoke break and would hopefully be spooked away by the unexpected company and leave before anything needed to be done about him. There was no sense punishing someone for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, after all.

"X-ray Vision, brother"

She turned her head to look back at the masked man as she replied with her half of the passphrase, making a point of looking him over with her black eyes and glowing yellow irises that went all too well with her part of the code. Aside from the illuminated eyes, and her golden twin-tails, she was a vision in monochrome - her unnaturally pale skin looking almost perfectly white in the moonlight, sharp contrast to the black sundress and summer hat she was wearing. And of course there was her flak jacket, a design not used since the Denryuu era of Cloud's history, with equally antiquated rank pins identifying her as a former chuunin - it too had been dyed black, though its original gray showed through in areas of wear and tear, she'd obviously kept using it over the years despite defecting and going rogue.

"So do they always make us do these silly song and dances before a job?" She asked as she stepped close to him, and made a playful show of trying and failing to peek behind his mask as she looked him up and down - a bemused smirk settling across her face as she realised that stood next to him she looked a normal height. "Anything else I should know about? Are we expected to perform villainous monologues before we strike, and leave our enemies in overly complicated traps instead of just driving a kunai through their skull?"
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
Virtual Dream

“We just get the job done, and get it done cleanly.” He scowled under his mask, tilting his head back to avoid her prying eyes, and let out a course grunt. “The Company has a crew standing by to take the ship, if we can get it under our control before it sets off again. We’ve only got three hours before it’s supposed to embark.”

There was a pause. “My callsign is White. Frequency is...”

He gave her the rest of details in his monotone little growl, like he was trying to be intimidating. Everything about him read false and robotic, as if he was just here in a trance. When he finished with the brief, he took a few steps back to the edge of the roof and turned his masked face towards the dock. There, in the distance down the road, one could clearly see the spotlights flooding the “Fury of the Skies.” It was definitely a military ship, armed to the gills with cannons. The crackle of lightning around the mast was particularly telling - - some sort of high level Raiton protection, maybe.

“It doesn’t fly. It’s named that because it’s a Cloud vessel. You know anything about Sakoshi tech?”

Shiro had limited experience with the alchemists of Sakoshi - - but he had plied his murderous trade against one or two in the past. Whatever this ship was, however, reeked of the technological advancement. Yukigakure had once been at the forefront of scientific discovery, so the turn to alchemy by Kumogakure almost seemed like a cop-out….but their village still stood.

“I don’t mind taking the vanguard if this is too personal for you.” He turned his mask back towards her. “We don’t need to cause a scene. This is ninja work, not a revenge story.”

(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Old 04-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
Bass
Community Moderator

"You shouldn't scowl so much, you'll get lines" Nanashi quipped with a shrug as she continued to stare right at the cold, unmoving, and very much emotionless mask her partner was wearing. At least until he started explaining everything, and she finally broke the creepy eye contact to roll them as she folded her arms.

"You know I used to come from here, right? I know the LMG doesn't have flying ships." She replied, not so much irritated as simply no longer feeling as entertained by what was to her old news, "It's not like they leaped forward miles technologically in the last five years... The opposite really." She sounded almost personally offended by what she was framing as one of the LMG's main failings, "The murderer in chief has yet to rebuild as much as he and his lackeys destroyed in the war"

Her playful smirk returned though as he mentioned Sakoshi and their inventions. "I have some passing familiarity with it, you could say" She teased as she turned to face him once more and offered a small courtesy as if she had just been introduced on a stage. "They made me, after all"

"Oh, please" She dismissed his concerns with a gesture, "Unless the regicidal bastard who runs the place, happens to be on that ship, I think i'll be fine." There was for a brief second, the slightest crack in her tough girl attitude though as part of whoever she used to be seemed to recognise that White was in his own way just trying to make this easier on her, and a quiet "Thankyou, though" slipped out before she continued. "I've been staying off LMG's radar since before there was an LMG. I know the drill. Be efficient, be precise, don't kill anyone so you avoid attracting the vengeance fetishists, and get done or get out before they ever realise who you were." She looked at him again, tilting her head as she gauged his reaction. "I trust that sounds up to... you know, company standards"
Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
Virtual Dream

Koedame no Sato. 2:35AM. Aboard Fury of the Skies.

“So, I figure I do a few more little jobs like this, then sure they gotta promote, right? It’s been years since the last time I put my app in.”

“You gotta do it every month, man. People get lost in the shuffle. Penalty for bureaucracy, if you ask me.”

“Yeah, but can you imagine? A real whole-ass Jounin. Me. That’s that real shit. Real money. Maybe even a nice little office job.”

“Yo, boss is gonna hear you call his job an office job one more time and he’s gonna kill us both.”

Raiden drug on his cigarette and cracked a grin over at his friend Sora. “Yeah, well, when I’m the boss, things will be different around here. You felt that, right?”

“Yeah. In my fingertips. Who’s dumb enough to stowaway on this ship?”

“Either someone too dumb to know what they’re getting into. C’mon.” He snuffed the cigarette on his boot and tugged his hands at the air, revealing the silver-yellow lines of his Static Strings technique. “Let’s get this rat before we get caught goofing off.”

Meanwhile, fingers gripped around the edge of the railing of the ship, Shiro was grinding his teeth together to keep himself from crying out in sudden pain, as electricity snared around his hands and the spasms in his hands kept him from yanking his body away. The strings, wrapped around the railing of this section of the dock that had been the most obscured from the dock lights, had been completely invisible until the Yukigakure shinobi had tried to climb himself over onto the boat. He could hear the footsteps of the pair as they came around the corner, the smell of tobacco wafting before them, as he tilted his head back in pain, desperately trying to command his hands to release.

Trap!” He hissed between his teeth, the receiver on his throat carrying the message across the frequency to Nanashi.

(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Bass
Community Moderator

"Oh, I know. Don't worry"

Though she knew, she didn't seem much to care, climbing level with her dangling chaperone and regarding him with a look not unlike the one a toddler might get after shoving their head through a railing and getting stuck in it. Of course, she could have warned him, her eyes having been able to see the electricity within the wires before they had become visible upon being tripped. She could have, but where was the fun in that?

"Thanks for making a hole for me" She whispered as she climbed onto him, and pulled herself up so she could step easily from his shoulders, onto to his tangled hands, and to the deck of the ship without much effort or tripping the trap herself. Once she was safely aboard, she crouched down in-front of him and placed a small device between him and the hull, putting a finger to her lips to let him know to be quiet as she scurried across the deck and away from the sound of the approaching footsteps.

Just as the footsteps were almost right on top of him, the sailors able to see him at any moment, the very hull Shiro was hanging onto seemed to disappear and he'd find himself falling into a completely different part of the ship, like a hole in space had opened up right under him. As the portal closed behind him, and the two places became separated again, it sliced through the strings, cutting them off from their owner and the ongoing current that had been preventing Shiro's own escape.

Nanashi was looking rather pleased with herself as she pulled another of the strange little devices off of the ceiling Shiro had just fallen through, having rushed away to set it up as soon as she had been out of sight; finding the closest door that she couldn't see any auras hiding behind and forcing her way past the electronic locks with her own Sakoshi trickery. Still, setbacks aside, they were at least both on board now and for the moment unnoticed in an empty area of one of the lower decks.

"Welcome aboard"

[Used] S3 Machine Affinity - to find the reset and default password for the security lock, S5 Magic Door - to create the portal between Shiro and Nanashi.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
Virtual Dream

The numbness in his fingers had given way to hot pain, like his fingers might start to cook and split open at any moment - - the sound of the sailors moving forward a dull sensation behind the fierce beating of his heart, and then sudden relief as his whole body seemed to take on a charge and slip effortlessly through the hull of the ship. For a moment, he felt like he was a bolt of lightning, tracing through the metal like an angry spirit, gallantly overpowering the laws of resistance.

He landed on bent legs, clenching his arms roughly in front of his body as the last of the spasm-inducing pain left his body. He tilted his head towards her and breathed through his mask - -

“Thanks. That’s a good trick you have there.”

- - He glanced around the room to get his bearings and moved over to a cloth covering a series of crates. He pulled the fabric away and brushed away a thin layer of dust atop the crate and tutted his tongue. “Non-perishable foods,” He said to her.

He had hoped for enough explosives to blow this thing to the bottom of the bay, if they had to. No such luck. There had been two above deck, who had just barely been upon him when Nanashi spirited him away. There’s no way they’d assume it was just a flaw in their detection technique. He rubbed his fingers against each other to try and work some feeling back into them and let out a ragged sigh.

It was thanks to her unique understanding of Cloud’s mechanization that she was able to swiftly make her way through the boat to this little hiding hole, this small sanctuary - - so she was useful to the mission. And she had taken the time to save him from the sailors, saving his pride as an infiltrator as well - - so she was useful to him.

He leveled his blank face at her and tilted his head to gesture behind her shoulder while he rubbed his hands together. “I won’t slip up like that again. We should make our way to the captain’s quarters.”

There was a beat as he worked his lips together. “I’ll follow your lead. I’m not familiar with the layout of this boat or the types of techniques we’re likely to run into.”

(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Old 01-12-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
Bass
Community Moderator

There was a moment of pride which forced another crack in her attempted persona as she smiled warmly at the compliment, not quite used to having her talents appreciated by other shinobi. Admittedly, it was because her work kept her alone most of the time these days, and not down to the complete lack of competence that had hounded her youth anymore, but it still meant she had never quite learned to take a compliment casually.

"Thanks... my own invention." She responded bashfully before letting him continue his train of thought, looking around at the supplies in tandem with him and scrunching her nose as he mentioned the 'food'. "Oh yeah... all the good stuff in here. 2000% of your recommended daily vitamins, minerals, and nausea. And makes a great sealant if the boat springs a leak..."

As he deferred to her expertise for the next step of their plan, she fixed him with that same look as before, the one where she seemed to be staring through that mask of his to try and read what he was really feeling; sensing that admitting he wasn't in completely control of the situation here might not have been as much of a non-issue to him as the blank visage otherwise suggested.

"You trust me?" She asked, not taking her eyes off him as she stepped forward, moving to be mere inches away from him, clearly not waiting for an answer as she reached up tentatively with her hand. For a split second it looked as though she was about to try and take his mask off but, so long as he didn't stop her, all she was actually doing was gently placing her hand on it to deposit another small device in the centre of the white void that covered his face.

It vanished on the surface of the mask, and at first it seemed nothing was different until certain things in the room began to glow vibrant colours. The door lock, a series of lines in the surrounding walls and floors began to glow an electric blue, while golden shapes began to form in the distance beyond the walls of the storage room that soon came into focus as the outlines of people, crewmen, wandering the halls of the ship. Some of them were a harsher purple colour though, as was the now-present glow around Nanashi herself.

"Trap vision." She stated succinctly, as if that was all the explanation that was needed, though after an empty beat relented and offered a little more. "Electrical currents, people, and sakoshi enhanced people." People like her. "It doesn't last forever though, so come on."

She moved to the door and keyed in the default code she had reset it to earlier, holding off on pressing the last button until she saw he was ready to move. "This way" She whispered as she darted down the corridor once the door opened.

[Used: Gadgeteering - Mechanism Enhancer Stage 4: Added Extrasensory(Electricity), Extrasensory(Humans), and Extrasensory(Sakoshi Blood Substitute) to Shiro's mask]