iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #11
Junge
make junge great again

Earthquake!

In...the ocean! That seemed bad.

Masato was splashing some water around when the perpetual squawking lady suddenly fell silent. In fact, everything save for the immutable hum of machinery became immersed in a deep, profound quiet.

“HELLO?” Masato broke the solemn peace and started banging loudly on the side of the submersible. “ANYONE HOME?”

In response the airlock began to sputter and churn as ice cold ocean water began to spray back into it. Half undressed the chuunin was caught off guard and found himself at once in chest deep seawater without the protective suit secured around his body.

More important, his genin buddy's little shaft had slammed shut for some reason! Ignoring his suit the chuunin splashed over towards where the opening had been and pulled on it. Like one would expect, it didn't budge.

“Fudge.”
The water was approaching shoulder height now. If he waited any longer his entire helmet would be full of water.

Oh well, Hajime is probably okay anyway!

The huge metal headpiece sealed around his neck with a pneumatic hiss just as the last bit of the airlock filled with brine. Water sloshed about uncomfortably in his suit as he waddled over to the emergency release valve. All manner of strange noises filled the water around his helmet, as though their submersible was having a bad stomachache. Had they sprung a leak? Was this some kind of hilarious joke? Where had the radio chatter gone?

Who cares? It's not like I can make things any worse, right?
The chuunin nodded to himself and turned the emergency drain valve. Nothing labeled 'emergency' could make the problem worse, after all!

All the groaning and moaning the bathysphere had been putting out was silenced by an earth (ocean?) shattering crack and boom. The immensely heavy and thick airlock door exploded off its hinges and was pulled into the murky oceanic depths, accompanied by the sound of the entire metal hull around the door splintering from the force. Masato took his eyes off the shiny red valve wheel long enough to glance out in the direction of the vandalism, just long enough to see a nightmarish looking tentacle prying through the darkness.

“I knew it!”
Masato screamed, before the pale, spindly tentacle snapped around his neck and plucked him from the airlock like a grape.
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:40 AM   #12
CommonRider
Hardcore Member

“What the hell was that?” Hajime wondered as he stared at the space where the clam had just been. Gently, he rubbed the spot where the pearl had hit him; already a bump was beginning to grow.

'A summon?'

It was a ridiculous thought. Who could have summoned it? He and Masato were the only two Shinobi on board. He knew it could not have been himself, and he was about 90 percent sure that Masato wouldn’t summon a clam just to be a pain in the ass... or would he? No of course not, that was just a stupid thought. The Genin did not like where his thoughts were going, but he liked the sound the bilge pipe was making even less.

Suddenly the pipe gave way with a horrible twisting groan of a sound. Hajime found himself sliding down the pipe head first as he screamed in a totally manly not girly at all kind of way. He hit the ground hard, but was standing up and dusting himself off just a second later. His eyes wondered around the new compartment he had fallen into. As he turned to take in the sights Hajime found eight pairs of eyes looking at him. Only one pair belonged to a man, the man was sitting on the floor and wearing a lab coat. The other three pairs of eyes belonged to a trio of rather mean looking lobsters that had somehow crawled onto the man.

Hajime gave a thumbs up, “Ten out of ten landing.”

“Shinobi-san,” the man cried out. His head was covered in water, or was that sweat?

Hajime raised an eyebrow, “What's wrong Doc? Did the dinner escape?”

A lobster on the man's shoulder snapped his pincers.

“Please Shinobi-san, save me!” The Doctor screamed as he lost his head. Literally.

Hajime's eyes went wide as the man's now severed head rolled down his body to the young Shinobi. The lobsters all clacked their pincers, time to fuck a Genin up. Two of the lobsters leaped off the dead body and soared at the Genin; pincers outstretched.

“Are you for real right now?”

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
CommonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Junge
make junge great again

Oh, this wasn't the first time Masato had been surrounded by complete and utter darkness.

This was just the first time that drowning in it took on a much more literally bent.

The tenatcle twisted and turned and prevented him from seeing the horrible form of whatever beast had snatched him from the airlock. It seemed content just to rattle him in his little metal suit and try to squeeze the air from his lungs. His radio was still on, so he was able to provide some insightful commentary to anyone still listening.

“HRRRGK”

After a few (slow) hand seals through the thick gloves he started pounding on the tentacle. The white flesh of the beast began to ripple and shudder as boiling hot water surrounded it. Its grip loosened and gave him enough breath to start talking normally again.

“Ha! Eat shit, you giant piece of spoiled sushi-”
CLANG

Somebody was pissy! Several more loud bangs would shake through the submersible as the beast repeatedly slammed Masato's body against it. His suit offered some protection to his head, though most of his body had rag-dolled from the sheer might of the creature as it pushed and pulled him through the cold water. Somewhere around the fifth time his body slammed into the hull he came back to his senses.

“FU-” Clang “-NG GO-” Bang “-MN IT”

As though it could hear his hostile screams over the radio the beast twisted the chuunin's body upside down, causing all the water in his suit to fall around his face and turn his shouting into a series of loud gurgles.

Always the optimist Masato recalled his past experience to help him out in this dire situation. Hey, this is just like that magic trick that guy did at the theatre that one time! Man, how do those guys do it? His arms were tied and everything! In between the beatings and the lack of oxygen he regained enough composure to remember how. Ninja magic! He shoved his fingers clumsily together into another hand seal, and in moments a series of invisible columns formed from the sub and wrapped around his body- yes, he was fighting tentacles with tentacles!

The beast finally relented, its flesh now burning in multiple places against the metal plate of the ship. Masato felt the pressure around his chest diminish as the slimy appendage pulled away. Great success! That magician could suck his moistened, freezing cold pearls. Masato was a true escape artist!

Then his jutsu wore off and he became detached from the ship. He began sinking. While upside down. With a suit full of water. And no idea where he was or where the monster had gone to.

Still, progress was progress.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
CommonRider
Hardcore Member

Hajime let loose a mighty scream; once more the scream was totally manly in every way, as he twisted out of the way of a stream of water that jetted out from one of the lobster's claws. The boy had no time to catch his breath has he was forced to jump backwards away from a lobster that had made a lunge at his feet. His foot slipped and he found himself back against the wall. His eyes widened as he pushed off just in time to dodge a lobster that soon found its claws stuck in the metal wall.

Clumsily, he took a very basic taijutsu stance. It was one he had learned in the academy and often found himself falling back on. For a person who used a spear to do battle it seemed to the boy that he didn't seem to fight with one all that often. Of course one of the lobsters did not seem to care as he it jumped at him, Hajime turned away the claw and grabbed the lobster by the body. The lobster didn't like that and clacked its claws at the boy's face menacingly.

“Oh god!”

He reached his arm backwards before throwing the lobster as hard as he could at the wall. The crustacean hit the wall with a horrible sound and exploded in a puff of smoke. There was silence in the room before the two lobsters began snapping their claws in a frenzy, apparently that was the wrong move. The lead Lobster put his two claws together before a dozen puffs of smoke, the smoke cleared and where two lobsters stood there were now fourteen in total.

“Oh you think you're so clever, huh!” Hajime shouted. “Well just you wait until Masato gets here to boil you fucks!”

The lobsters then dogpilled the poor boy.

---
Five minutes later Hajime made an attempt to jump out of the room, sadly a dozen claws pulled the poor boy back into the room.

---
Twenty minutes later a bowed, bruised, and bloodied, yet unbroken Hajime left the room. He pulled a lobster claw from his ear and threw it behind him as he went on his way to find Masato.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #15
Junge
make junge great again

Turns out that righting yourself underwater without any solid surface to hold on to was super difficult. Masato struggled for several seconds before giving up, the buoyant force of the air bubble (now at his feet) keeping him upside-down. Two immediate problems came to mind: the crippling lack of air, and his slow but steady descent away from the rising submersible. Also, he was wet and cold, and that really sucked too.

He kicked his feet around in an attempt to maybe dislodge the bubble. No dice. He tried breathing again. Nope, helmet was still full of water. The ship disappeared into the darkness above and with a weighty thunk his helmet plopped back down onto the sea floor. There he sat for a few moments, legs sticking up in the air and massive diving suit in a full-bodied headstand like a circus performer. Well! At least he was out of reach of that sea monster!

Some more kicking (or perhaps oxygen depraved flailing) did discover one useful thing. One of his heavy boots smacked a loose bit of fabric attached to a large, metal dome- oh hey! Hajime's suit was still connected to mine! I wonder how that little bugger is doing. The connection existed because Hajime couldn't use steam techniques like the great Masato, and it let the chuunin share his chakra-generated warmth with the young genin's suit down here in the cold, unforgiving darkness.

Could he still pump steam into the suit when nobody else was in it? What would that even accomplish besides making a Hajime-shaped suit blow up like a balloon? Such perplexing questions rose like a bubble from a bathtub drain.

Aha! Of course! It was right in front of him the whole time!

It must have been a squid that attacked him! Octopi had suckers all along the tentacle, which the monster had not. What a wonderful discovery.

Oh, and maybe he could use the extra suit to escape or something. That wasn't quite as exciting to think about.

-

The sun had set and even his tiny lamp couldn't pierce far in the the already black waters. Luckily the sub was a behemoth of a thing and covered in those sulfur yellow lamps making it glow like a distant sun. Masato possessed enough dexerity to wiggle his way onto the side after hitching a ride on the spare steam-filled diving suit and crawled into the emergency airlock. That monster was nowhere to be seen, but if it pulled the door off this one Masato would be proper sunk up shit creek.

One last violent tug yanked the inflated diving suit back into the airlock with the chuunin. He slammed the door shut, whirled the wheel around with all his might, and listened to that sweet, sweet sound of air rushing into the room. His helmet was off the second the water dropped to chest level.

"Woo yeah!"
He coughed to nobody in particular. "Home at last!"

Paying no heed to the earlier cries for help heard over the radio, he began rapidly slamming the bulkhead with his gloved fist. "Oy! Oy! Someone open the door, it's Masato! The Mist shinobi! I, uh, I'm back! Took care of that thing outside too! That'll cost extra, you know!"
Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #16
CommonRider
Hardcore Member

Hajime peeked around a corner for any sign of enemies. Nope, no lobster death squad waiting to ambush him. First it was the Clam, then it was the Lobsters. What else was he going to have to fight today? Probably electric eels, Hajime thought after pausing for a second. Where the hell was he? Where the hell was anyone for that matter? Aside from the one the lobsters had killed, Hajime had not run into another person aside from the miscellaneous body he passed by.

Strange, the tin can had been filled with them earlier.

Wait a second, was he going around in a circle? He must have been, after all the boy was certain he had passed that dead scientist twice already now. This place was confusing, like a maze in a room, under the water or something. Then again would Hajime even know where he was trying to get to if it hadn't been a maze? Probably not.

Hajime came a cross a familiar fork in the hallway. He took a left this time where before he had taken a right, finally somewhere new!

The room that the Genin had found himself in seemed to be filled with lockers, probably a shower room? Hajime instantly found himself on edge. Nothing good ever came from a communal shower room.

A small sound caught his attention. Hajime turned to it, was it coming from one of the lockers? Better check, might be a seahorse looking to pick a fight. Quietly the genin stepped over to the sound, as he got closer it got louder. Someone or something was having trouble taking a steady breath.

Hajime took a quiet breath to steady himself. Then he grabbed the locker's handle and tore it open, screaming as he did so. Hopefully the crab would be startled and Hajime could get the first punch in. Only it wasn't a crab, it was a person. The person also screamed, only in terror.

It was one of the lab coated assistants that Hajime had seen running coffee to a scientist earlier that day. He was tall and frail, almost feminine looking. The man's glasses were skewed on his face and he looked like he had been crying. It also looked like he had relieved himself when Hajime opened the door.

The genin raised a hand, “yo.”

Shakily the assistant returned the hand gesture.

---

“So you have no idea what happened?” Hajime questioned for the umpteenth time.

“N-no,” the man stuttered. “It just happened all so sudden. I was standing in the mess hall with Akiko when all of a sudden eels fell from the roof, one landed on Akiko and electrocuted her." The man quickly brought a hand to his mouth, "Oh god Akiko,” the man wailed.

I knew there were electric eels, Hajime nodded in satisfaction.

“Then the Klaxxon's started wailing and there was a general panic. I... I hid myself.”

“Well, don't worry.” Hajime said as he patted the man on the back, the man jumped at the touch. “I'm here now, nothing to fear. Especially not no fucking clams”

Last edited by CommonRider; 10-29-2014 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #17
Junge
make junge great again

A look of relief passed over the man's face. “Oh, oh thank god. I don't know how you got back in, but we need to go find an escape pod.” He straightened his hair and tried to wipe some of the sweat from his forehead. “Those are all located in the docking bay, but, but...” he trailed off. “There's this...thing, there. He was hiding as one of our crew. Said something about stopping us from ravaging the land, how he was going to call some kind of ocean guardian to kill us, then these animals started showing up out of nowhere...” The survivor walked to a nearby sink and stared in the mirror. “Can you beat him? He killed so many people...”

Suddenly he perked up. “Oh, of course you can! I trust you completely. Let me just change my pants first.” The man stumbled towards a locker and fiddled with the lock for a bit. “Just two seconds!”

The flimsy locker door crumpled as a massive lobster claw slammed through it. It grabbed the man by the face and began pulling back into the hole while he screamed. Another locker suddenly burst next to Hajime, sending another claw soaring towards him as well. Unfortunately for the monster Hajime was far enough away that dodging was easy.

A voice gurgled out from the sink drain. “Shiiiiiit! Now you're making me crabby, shinobi!” The lobster claw flailed blindly. Unlike a real lobster's claw it seemed to be attached to a slimy tentacle that had somehow burrowed through the walls of the locker room and into the lockers. Hajime's new friend seemed to be having great difficulty fitting back through that hole as the claw kept trying to drag him away.

“Tch! Fine! I'll come up there myself!”

The sink cracked and moaned, contorted, then burst into a thousand metal shards. Black water began to spray all over the room. From it rose something less of a man, more of a nightmare- a hideous, barnacle covered hunchbacked humanoid with yellow teeth, slimy black hair, and what looked like a chimera of marine appendages growing where his limbs should be. “Hello there, shinobi! I've heard some nasty things about you from my companions.” The lobster-tentacle thing seemed to tremble in agreement. “I'll show you what happens when you try to plunder this divine island's treasures!”

From all sides burst out more and more tentacles, their powerful claws making short work of the thin metal walls. The sea-creature let out a gargled laugh. “Mist shinobi, eh?! Who do you think is the real master of the ocean now!”

Further gloating was cut short as an enormous, ear-splitting roar shook through the walls of the submersible. There was a quick flash of confusion in the squid-like eyes of the creature, then a realization.

“Oh no-”

A muffled shout came from the room over. “Sorry I'm late, Hajime!” All the tentacles on one side of the wall seized up and fell limp as the roaring grew to a climatic pitch. Then the entire wall crumbled to pieces as a man-child in a diving suit smashed through it, massive metal drill in hand. “Oh yeah!” The spinning bit made quick work of the tentacles and as he dived forward he sunk the pointy bit into the end of the monster, smashing the greasy beast into the wall and pinning him there with the drill. A tremendous shriek came from the sea demon as the drill tore into his insides.

Masato turned and gave his partner a thumbs up, though he couldn't see his shit eating grin due to the helmet. “Nailed it, didn't I?”

Howling their foe burst into a pile of black sludge and quickly began to reform. Masato hopped away and back towards Hajime, still full of pep despite his recent aquatic adventures.

“Alright, let's school this fish and get back to the surface, bro.” Every word and Masato shouted came out at 200% confident in their victory, even as the sludge morphed into something even more unimaginably awful. “Ain't no worse than anything you'd find public restroom, am I right?”

act 3
Old 11-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
CommonRider
Hardcore Member

“Huh,” Hajime said as he stared at... whatever the hell this thing was. Masato was right, it did look like something one would find in a public restroom. The boy bit back a sigh, he didn't want to go near it. The pay for this job just wasn't worth all the bullshit he had to put up with today.

The Genin fell into his basic academy stance.

“Let's just get this over with.” He shot the horrible looking monster man a look of disgust.

The pile of goo let out a horrible laugh.

“Little boy sure is confident. Let me help with that.”

Faster than Hajime could blink one of the tentacles shot forward slapping Hajime. To Hajime it felt like he had just been hit by an ox. The boy flew to the side of the locker room where he impacted with one of the locker doors. He struggled to get back to his feet, vaguley he was aware of the sound of combat. He looked at the locker door, willing his vision to stop being blurry and tried to read the name that was written on it in ink.

M. HAJIME

The Genin smiled.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
Junge
make junge great again

“Yo, slimeball.” Masato shook his helmet and splashed seawater across the already filthy floor. “You gotta a name? I like to know the scum I smear across my fists.”

A menacing gurgled came back. “I don't give my name to parasites.” Then he sent Hajime flying with a quick twitch from his remaining tentacles.

“Tch! Lotta nerve for a talking pile of leftovers.” The tenatcle snapped towards Masato next, but with expert grace and precision he grabbed the lobster claw and locked it with this body weight. “I'm not into that kind of play, bro!” The chuunin let out a powerful shout and heaved the claw back with all his might, pulling the sucker straight from the wall. The torn off appendage began to spasm wildly and sprayed its inky black ooze everywhere as it did so.

“How about that, huh? Bet it hurts when it happens to you, doesn't- OOMPH” The oozeform sprang from the puddle at Masato's feet and landed a heavy blow across the top of his head with a barnacle encrusted fist. The chuunin staggered and the creature slithered forward, a newly formed tentacle arm outstretched.

“I think I've had about enough of this mouth.”
Finding Masato impossible to strangle while inside the diving suit the monster took a different tact. The long slimy limb wrapped around his face and slowly changed into a thinner, more translucent tentacle.

“Ah! AH, SHIT!”
Masato tried to claw at the organism on his face, but his big meaty diving suit gloves lacked the dexterity to pull it off. “JELLYFISH?! SERIOUSLY? LANCER BRO, WHERE ARE- OOPH-”

Another barnacle-fist to the guy shut him up for the moment.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #20
CommonRider
Hardcore Member

“Hey asshole! Don't forget me!”

From across the room, five senbon went flying at the creature. Four hit true to their mark, and the fifth hit the tentacle that was wrapped around Masato's neck.

“Are you for real kid?” He said while attempting to strangle Masato to death. “What made you think your toothpicks were going to do anything?” The voice sounded honestly confused as to what the genin was trying to do.

The boy wasn't wearing just his swim suit anymore. No, he had found his supplies in his locker. He had a Shuriken pouch tied to his thigh, and around his waist was his headband and a larger pouch containing more of his ninja tools.

“Well, I mean, it wasn't the senbon that were going to hurt you. It was the pouches.” Hajime said with a grin while pointing at the senbon. There were little pouches attached to them, and they subsequently exploded.

A yell erupted from the monster's throat as the tentacle around Masato was blown off.

“Are you trying to get us all killed!” The monster screamed at the boy.

"No, just you." The boy grinned and pulled a small white pebble from his fannypack, grinned, and then threw it to the ground. White smoke filled the shower room, and a second later when the smoke dissipated neither the Genin, nor the Chuunin were in the room.

The creature if it felt any frustrations did not show it. It simply grew three pairs of crab legs and scuttled up a wall, into a vent, and vanished.

Last edited by CommonRider; 11-10-2014 at 10:35 PM..