iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Bukowski
So far so Gone

Default Buy the Ticket, Take The Fist

Life is what tended to happen while you were busy making other plans.

It seemed this cardinal rule counted double when you were a teenage International Man of Mystery. Sanada Sanshiro, however, was not in the business of questioning orders or even in the business of deciding wherever he went and ultimately the young Chuunin was fine with this. Shortly after his mission with the Celestial Dragon the young Sanada was sent a letter requesting him to beeline towards the mysterious Island of Spirits to retrieve some valued intelligence.

If you had to guess, The Fist wasn’t in the business of saying “no” either.

The trip was long and arduous but sea sickness seemed to be an afterthought when you could regenerate limbs and turn your body into any weapon at a moment’s notice. The actual mission? Apparently within the massive forest of the island there lied an abandoned fortress that contained a chest holding a variety of maps of the Island itself—this was all for some ruddy maps. Considering he had recently gone into the Forest of Death with a group of unfamiliar Genin for a scroll made him less inclined to question the necessity of the mission…

Not like people take the questions of a ninja in a neon green hoodie seriously and shit, kinda bullshit, I think, but whatevs---I wonder what the Stoner Nin thinks of this shit?

Fist thought it was weird that Iwagakure would send a group of triplets on one team but Konoha had sent him so he was not going to judge. Sanshiro in recent weeks had worked with both Mist and Sand ninja extensively so he was above judging someone just on the grounds of being a weird foreigner. Fist was less concerned with his teammate and more concerned with the fact that he was lost in this labyrinth. He felt kinda stupid for getting lost in the dangerous forest, he knew the triplets from Iwa were probably gossiping in the background.

I should prolly just face this situation head on ‘n shit…

Sanshiro stopped immediately, took into consideration the vast surroundings and then looked at his three partners with a slightly defeated pout on his face.

”So, uh, Stoner Bros, I’m like, you know—I kinda don’t know how to say this to be quite honest and shit,” Fist paused, “We’re lost as fuck.”

International Man of Mystery my ass.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

When the taller Chuunin came to a halt, Kiyama Hien knew exactly what he was about to say, and frankly he couldn't agree more. "Yea I--" Hien's sentence was interrupted as he was bumped out of the way by Batsu, one of his avatar/subject/clone-thingy. Batsu was overwhelmingly impressed by the way that the Leaf nin carried himself and used this as a chance to impress him. "I knoooow. I was totally thinking the same thing Leafie br--ooww!!!" The real Hien came back and punched the copy of himself in the back of the head.

The jewel avatar retreated back behind his brother Matsu, who was only a few feet behind Hien. Brushing himself off before continuing, the Stone ninja moved to correct the ghastly image that Batsu must've created. Sometimes I hate the influence of these jewels. Hey!!! We heard that!!

"Sorry about that. Sometimes my Subjects can be a little...rambunctious. However, you're right. We are completely, absolutely, unequivocally---lost." The young King looked around slowly, trying to see if he could.make heads or tails of this place. It felt, to him, as if this place was designed to get them lost. As if they were in a huge maze of nature's own twisted vision.

Ever since setting foot on this island, Hien had an uneasy feeling. This place just never felt right. Being a Diplomat however, he relished in the opportunity to converse and mingle with peoples from all walks of life and areas. Yet every so often he felt this......foreboding presence emanating from the forest and at this time, in the thick of their mission, he felt another wave of that very specific uneasiness.

"And I don't think we're alone out here. Call me paranoid, but I feel like we have a shit ton of eyes on us at THIS very second." You could see that the Chuunin was uncomfortable, but he was doing his best to keep cool. "Let's get this over with. Matsu, the map." The calmer of the two Subjects handed his King the map, which might as well had been written in crayon. He had nothing against the Lac, he even admired their ability to live on the edge. To battle the rigors of this dangerous place daily, but man did they suck at map making.

However, it did look as if the "prize" was to the North. He looked up from the map and gazed around him. Now if we only knew which way was North. As he looked around, Hien couldn't gather his bearings of the cardinal directions, but there was an area that looked....welcoming. So that's the way he'd go.

"Follow me."

"This place gives me the frigging ibbi jeeebies...."

"Shut up Batsu."

Now Listening:Robert Glasper ft. Erykah Badu-Afro Blue
Nomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Bukowski
So far so Gone

He calls his brothers subjects? He must be the oldest! Still, they look like triplets to me! Must go deeper than younger sibling games, I bet Mr. Eldest is the strongest of the three!

Fist's ignorance of the Kiyama bloodline aside, he was glad to see the other Chuunin take the lead if only for a moment. Sanshiro was more instinctual than analytical and the brief moments spent following Hien allowed Fist to get his thoughts together--not that it was very productive. Hein had discussed the odd atmosphere of The Forest and Fist couldn't help but agree--it definitely felt like they were being watched.

His instincts told him something was afoot.

Hmmm...What do...? At least this guy seems to have a plan, I guess I'll follow his leadsicles.

His wonder was halted by the overwhelming sound of wings flapping coming from behind them. Sanshiro turned to see a wall of black, thundering towards all four of the young men. Crows. Thousands of them, all encompassing and completely overloading nearly all senses. Just as quickly as the crows had invaded, they had disappeared, the flapping of their wings still echoing throughout the area.

Then an overwhelming, palpable silence.

"Whadafuck was that about and shi--"

"Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!"

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-25-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

Lions, and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!!!
Lions, an--
Cut the brain chatter!!!! You two are driving me nuts!!

It was more like they were expressing the same fears that he was having. To call The Forest unnerving, would be a vast understatement. It was dark, gloomy, there was a slight mist in the air, and speaking of air, there seemed to be an enormous lack of it. The humidity was stifling and it felt as if you could cut the atmosphere with a kunai.

Yet they trudged along. The "welcoming" area that Hien had chosen to head to, was anything but. Thick, gnarly vines hung and connected between the trees and they were so close together, that Hien had retrieved his ninja dagger to swathe through it. To occupy himself the Chuunin kept his brain busy.

I wonder who and what this guy is. When I heard his name I instantly recognized it, like this guy is some sort of big shot, but I dunno....

Hien turned around and ignored his cowering subjects to peer at the Leaf shinobi.

He doesn't look too special to me. But the place was all abuzz when he stepped on the scene, he might be from a clan or something, Konoha is known for that. And anyway, Batsu and Matsu seem to like him. He's SOOO cool!!!!

The Kiyama ninja rolled his eyes at the mental intrusion. It sucked to not have any private space to call his own. Not even in his own mind. Stop being frigging groupies. Get your jaws off the groun--

There was a flicker of movement at the edge of Batsu's periphery. The trio all turned to the movement, yet found nothing. It was far too dark, to see anything.

Hien turned to his somewhat silent companion. "Sanshiro-san, d'you have a ligggghhh!!!“ The teen curled up to defend himself from the Obsidian Wall of Death, and on impact, there was none. He looked around to see that there was no wall, no black swarm of doom. He took two steps in retreat, only to fall flat on his back. Matsu had been cowering in fetal position right behind him. "Matsu, what the---"

And then the "King" from Stone heard the scariest laugh he'd ever experienced. It was so frightening, he was speechless, Matsu, however, was not.

"Yup, we're dead."

Last edited by Nomics; 04-25-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
Bukowski
So far so Gone

“We won’t die today, I won’t let us, I promise you that Stoner Bro,” he paused, ”And please Sanshiro-San is my father, call me Fist.”

Ignoring the fact that his dads name was Shinji.

All too quickly Fist’s mind drifted to being on his back in Snow Country with his undead Uncle Sho at his throat. Then it shifted to him being swallowed by the Chameleon Monster in the Forest of Death and then rapidly to his experience nearly being killed by the gangsters on the inverted train in Metsubishi. The Fist’s mind often ran at the same pace as a Greyhound on cocaine chasing a jack rabbit coated in bacon fat but what stood out with these visions assaulting him was the detail of the imagery.

He had never felt something so akin to his life passing before his eyes before in his life and although it only lasted a second, in his mind he felt it lasted an eternity. He felt like he had just relived the last two weeks and it had an obvious effect on him—pale, slightly shaken, the Fist did not let his fear betray his resolve. Underneath large aviator sunglasses, green eyes shone with the will of fire.

”Pride is the most devious and deadly curse given to fools.”

The voice seemed to sound like thousands of birds speaking at once, perky, feminine and plain eerie. Fist felt a shiver go down his spine and his blood turn to ice, but his natural response was to respond—it could not be changed or helped.

”You know, I resent that fool stuff! I did really good in school! There’s like, different sorts of intelligence and shit!”

”You may know but you do not understand

Slowly but surely, something began creeping out of the edges of their small clearing. Thousands of orbs of blue light the size of baseballs began to come out into the clearing, giggling and sounding like a pack of school children. Fist was left paralyzed once again, but this time not with fear but with security. For some odd reason he felt warmness in his chest and a smile come to his face.

These orbs of light seemed to be good natured, allies.

” I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”

Fist paused to consider this and then looked towards his partners.

”This is fucking weird.”

The orbs seemed to encircle them going closer and closer until finally all four of the Chuunin were engulfed in blue light—they all seemed to be gathered around a circle about three feet away from the young men.

“Any questions…?”

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 04-27-2014 at 04:01 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

Pride is and always has been a double edged sword. On one hand it gives people the determination and willpower to fight through adversity. While on the other hand, it leads headstrong and foolhardy into the clutches of despair and in general, trouble. As far as Hien goes, pride drives him. It's the fuel the keeps his fire ignited. Yet here he was, ass wet in some god forsaken Hell's Jungle, shaking in his boots at some voice.

Fuck this.

He was a King, a Monarch of the illustrious Kiyama. He'd be damned to shame his name and that of his forefathers with such behavior. Especially not while some foreigner was promising to protect him.

Fuck that.

Bringing his knees into his chest, and bearing his weight and balance on his palms. Then he kicked his feet straight up and spun his body, twisting into the air and then landed on his feet. As he brought his head up, their was a gaze in his eyes, a new found inner vigor. But he wasn't the only one, so did Matsu and Batsu, raising to their full height and looking more serious than they had this whole mission.

"Don't worry 'bout it Fist-san. Pride is a driving force. Foolish or not, it keeps us moving forward, and into kicking some serious ass." But just when the Stone Chuunin was feeling at his most bad-ass, his eyes widened at the sight of the approaching blue lights. Not good.

Hien was a well read individual, he knew a little about a lot, and at the sight and sounds of the dancing lights, he could remember reading or being told that there were blue flames/lights in the most magical places. The most pertinent info though, was that they were the physical embodiment of souls. That's why the children's voices gave him a shiver as he thought of these Souls of Lost Children.

As they began to encircle the four teens, the Kiyama trio came closer together and closed the distance to the Leaf Chuunin. Hien was weary of these things and as he thought of different ways to defeat them, if the time came for that, so he let Batsu relay the message. "Yea, this shit is OD weird dude. Fister-kun, watch out dude, these little blue dudes might be dangerous."

Then this ominous voice continued it's posturing, but Hien possessed a knack for negotiations and decided to interject. "We have too many questions. We're but strangers in a stra-- unique land. Our knowledge is limited at best. To offend you, or others that dwell in this beautiful place, is not our goal. If you would, please, enlighten us." As he was bathed in the warm blue light, a wide smile spread across the Stone-inn's visage, because now he was in his element.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #7
Bukowski
So far so Gone

"I can get behind that, live by the sword and die by the sword and what shit, not, shit! Whatever! You get the idea..."

Sanshiro grumbled and his arms transformed into blades at the elbow--schmitars of bone and flesh, a transformation that was both instantaneous as it was instinctual. The constant debate of fight or flight was never much of a contest for The Fist and his transformed forearms as well as his demeanor. He was anxious but he was not scared. Fear may have been friends to the fairies but it was never friend to the teenager from Konoha, his arms crossed in front of his face and he spoke up with a certain level of determination not seen previously.

"Your true goal has been disguised and your true accomplishment has little chance of being understood, still, the Blood of Kings and the Celestial body are not united by mere chance and we will not let you past and leave your fate to the same."

How did they all speak in unison even when being long winded?

"We're not scared of you! Demon or God, I'm the muthafuckin' Fist and shit! There comes a certain expectation with that, y'know...?"

Did he really care if they did?

Tough to say.

"I'm not claiming divinity. I've never claimed purity of soul. I've never claimed to have the answers to life. I only put out facts and answer questions as honestly as I can...but I still believe in peace, love and understanding."

What.

The.

"...Fuck?"

The balls of lights dispersed and Fist was blinded once more by the overwhelming blue light--when the flash subsided and Fist gained his senses both himself and Hien were as close to alone as they ever were.

But they weren't where they once were.

They seemed to be on a vast shore with massive waves from the ocean--this did not resonate well with Sanshiro. He had arrived the day before riding a calm ocean and clear skies--the ocean he faced right now seemed to be in constant turmoil with waves that seemed as large as sky scrapers in the distance crashing into one another with an alacrity and force that jolted Sanshiro out of whatever false bravado he was feeling earlier.

This didn't make any goddamn sense.

The waves seemed to stop before the shore but the shore was anything but tranquil. Below the four teenagers the sand shifted with a randomness as they rose up and down much like something breathing.

Fist was not speaking in metaphor: the shore felt alive.

"Stay on guard...", Fist spoke uneasily, "How familiar are you with massive and fucking crazy Genjutsu?"

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 05-15-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

""We can only try to understand, enlightened one. Bu-----"

Hien was in the middle of trying to coax some some more information from this singular, yet separate entity. The vague apparition had only confused the Stone Chuunin more. How could this......spirit know so much about them. The Blood of Kings? Celestial Body? How the hell does it know? What exactly is this thing??

Yet while he was about to ask for more, it disappeared in a flash, and the Kiyama's eyes widened in awe at the sight before him. The foggy, dense, shit smelling bog that they were ankle deep in, was replaced with a raging shore. It was a beautiful, yet terrifying sight to behold. But his thoughts were interrupted by the Fist's voice.

"I dunno. But if this Genjutsu, this is the realest shit I've ever felt."

Shit, he could even feel the cooling mist from the roaring ocean's breeze. With all that said though, he could feel it. He couldn't pinpoint what it was, but he knew he could feel something. This place, this turbulent shore, it felt alive. He could even feel the ebb and flow of the sand beneath his feet, almost as if......It's breathing!!!

"Fist. I don't know dude, but we're in deep shit. I see you're prepared."

His eyes drifted to the scythes where Sanshiro's arms used to be. Celestial Body huh? Pretty cool. REALLY fucking cool!!

"So I'll get ready too."

Matsu and Batsu knew what he meant and shared a smile. The Chuunin flashed through hand seals, ending at the Ram, he channeled a surge of chakra through the large Amber hued Jewel implanted in his right palm. The accompanying rush of energy racing through his veins was intoxicating and the sensation only grew better as yellow lines of raw power and electricity could be seen covering his body, even his eyes changed bright yellow, matching those of his subjects.

Whatever was coming, and it was sure enough coming, he would be ready for it.

------------------

OOC: Jutsu Used
Activate Jewel-Stage 1

Last edited by Nomics; 05-16-2014 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #9
Bukowski
So far so Gone

That’s pretty weird…

But I guess I can’t comment on weird bloodlines, I don’t really wanna take the time to ‘splain mine either—I’ll just accept the cool shit the Stoner-Dude does at face value. It’s just good diplomacy!

The waves stopped and the shifting sands began to change momentum, first coming to a stand still to match the ocean—and then beginning to rush towards it almost like waves in reverse. Sanshiro and the Triplets were taken by the Sand like parts on an assembly line towards the ocean which seemed to split into two a mere instant before their bodies made impact with it. The path carved throughout the ocean was straight and narrow, the torrential waters on either side of them deafening any chance of conversation—the blue ocean water and the cackling of Hien’s lighting seemed in perfect synchronicity.

The Fist did not like the rhythm, he could barely hear himself think and the benefits of him thinking were already small as it was! He would feel much more comfortable with either Hitomi or Shikaro’s intelligence, Tetsumi’s steadfastness or Hitoko’s raw power. The reality of being in a strange land with a strange person while strange shit was going on was a heavy load to carry.

The assault on sense and the senses continued with an almost insane and random recklessness—the deafening sound of the water surrounding them was now complimented by an all encompassing fog. Sanshiro could not hear anything but the waves. He could not see anything but the mist. He could not smell anything but the saltiness of the ocean. The overbearing weight of deprivation was enough to crush him, he felt his pulse quicken and his chest tighten.

Constant companion my ass.

They came to an abrupt stop and Sanshiro could feel the tips of his toes going over a large edge—leading only towards emptiness. With the area behind them obscured in fog, the area ahead, the space beyond the edge seemed clearer and only hazy. Over the edge a large figure, standing at around eight feet tall began to approach them—seemingly moving on air itself beyond the edge of the world.

”There’s no honest way to explain it, the only ones who know what it is are the ones who have gone over it.”

The voice came from ahead, Sanshiro did not know if it was the figure or God himself.

Sanshiro raised his blades to his chest…

Then felt the warm embrace of a familiar feeling…

In spite of his better judgment he hesitated.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

Hien was brimming with confidence. The rush of activating the Force Jewel in his palm was intoxicating. He felt strong, invincible even, and his eyes darted back and forth as he searched for something; anything he could strike with a bit of lightning. His eyes met the gaze of Sanshiro for a moment and he recognized the acknowledgment in the Sanada clansman's look.

Yea you aren't the only one who could do cool shit hahaha!!

It seemed that in his moment of patting himself on the back, he forgot that he was in a strange and unknown place. He was reminded quickly, as the sands beneath them shifted it's direction, bringing the foursome to the torrential waters.

"AAHHHH!!!!!" Batsu and Matsu screamed at the top of their lungs simultaneously and hugged each other in fright. It looked as if they were going to be crushed by the waves, instead they separated. A sight to beat all sights.

All the previous confidence within Hien left as his eyes sat open in awe. He went to say something to the Fist, then he realized he couldn't hear himself. Completely drowned out by the events around him, all he could do was try to gather himself; cause at the same time he had three different sets of senses being fed into his head.

Fog, water, sound, but no sound. Movement and no movement.
What can only be described as vertigo began to set in. The young King was brought to his knees as it felt like his stomach was in his chest and his ass felt like it was......somewhere else.

On hands and knees, Hien tried to regain his composure. Then suddenly they were still. His hands were at what seemed like an edge. He could look over the edge, into what looked like an endless abyss. As his senses tried to catch up, and his mind tried to make heads or tails of this phenomenon, a deep voice filled him.

It was strange, because it wasn't like he heard the words. It felt almost like the connection between he and the Twins; like a mental conversation. Hien looked up to see the source of this voice, of this connection and was greeted with a large figure out on what seemed like air.

Crazy!!!

Hien had made his choice. It seemed that was what was being asked of them. The Chuunin stood up, and looked at Fist. "Dude I say we do it. What other options do we have? Plus, I don't know. But this.....feels right."

Batsu and Matsu looked on in terror, because they knew his mind was made up. He turned and shared a look with them, then spun back to the edge, full of conviction. He took a deep, calming breath, and took a big step over the ledge.