iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Jake
Lexicanum Librarian
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,515
Default

The sun was high. It always seemed like it never set. It’s rays beamed down on to top of the jungle turning it into a foliage sauna. Sweat beaded down the face, body, and hands of Keiji. Where once was his shirt now laid his bare chest, as he turned his shirt into a bandana to collect the sweat to cool the top of his head. He hated this. There was probably nothing in this world he hated more than this. That probably wasn’t true, but you couldn’t convince him otherwise at the moment.

Five days… Five fucking days in what can only be described as hell. What was I thinking joining up with these people. Ah, fuck it. Being lost alone would be worse I imagine… Keiji spoke to himself as he moved brush and other plants out of his way. He could feel them dig into his skin and scrape across it. It wasn’t deep enough to draw blood, but it was annoying enough for him to cuss at the foliage, as if it would respond. “I seriously hope we find something soon. I don’t even care what it is. It could be the so called monsters that roam this land. Shit, give me anything at this time. I hate this weather...this hot air that doesn’t want to give up and I am sure my lungs have given up in getting enough oxygen to keep my sane.” He spoke with anger in his voice. The anger wasn’t meant towards his party members, but was just an overall frustration of the situation they were in and the apparent unknown if it would ever end.

It seemed he wasn’t the only one annoyed by their situation, as the main Cloud-nin spoke up with that stout authority that she wielded with ease. Keiji figured she loved it. She must eat up this attitude of hers. Personally, it seems tiring, but to each their own. His mind trailed off, as she continued to bitch about the situation as well. She was apparently upset with the groups guide. He couldn’t blame, but he wasn’t sure if it was her fault or everyone’s. That’s when the second smaller Cloud-nin spoke up and Laien turned to Keiji.

“Enlighten…” Was the only word Keiji got out before the ground beneath him gave way. He didn’t noticed it at first, because during the ground giving way he still could feel the earth beneath him. The earth gone as fast as it seemed to be there and Keiji knew he was falling. His body reacted as fast as it could. Landing with one knee to the ground and his right arm bracing himself he could feel water. Cool fresh water ran over his hand and for a split second he let his chakra out of his body and began to freeze the water underneath him. The cool air from the ice and water seemed to revitalize him and as soon as he came to he stood up.

Dusting himself off and wiping the water and ice from his hand he looked up to see the sun and sky shining down into the hole. “I guess I feel a good ten feet. How the hell did I fall, but they didn’t…” He spoke out loud to himself. He lowered his head allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness and could tell there may be a pathway or something. The water was going somewhere and it was a change of scenery and a welcomed one at that.

“Hey! Guys! Pretty sure, I finally found a break in this week long catastrophe.” Keiji yelled up out of the hole. He hoped they heard him, because if not then it could mean he would be back to being on his own.
__________________
Ninsen Clan GM

Game IDs:
LoL: Haokah
Battle.net: LowAPM#1750

AP:14
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Virtual Dream
One For All
 
Virtual Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Yonder Blue.
Posts: 3,301
Default

Jun'ko stretched her hands over her head. Her bare arms ended in fingerless gloves, but she still wore that deep velvet cloak to hide her body. Sweat beaded up on her forehead and her hair was a bit slick, but unlike the other three, she seemed relatively comfortable. Compared to the oppressive humidity and heat of the rainforests of her home country, this was literally like an island vacation. She took her traveling companions' complaints with surprising stride, given her notoriously short fuse. After all, they wouldn't be useful to her if they ended up giving up.

At the peak of their five day trekking, Jun'ko looked just as comfortable—if not more relaxed—than she did the first day she met the other three. That's annoying enough, but her attitude had done nothing but improve...she seemed to get off on this whole island survival thing, and her constant quips and sarcastic remarks had a playfulness to them. If anything, she was oddly the good mood of the party.

“Don't mind it, don't mind it, Raiko-chan.” She beamed over at the girl. “Optimism is half of th—-”

There was a crashing sound as Keiji disappeared. Jun'ko stopped mid sentence, her face still twisted in a flirting smile, one finger brushing against her painted lips. After some looking around to find Keiji's hole, she waved over at Raiko. “See?”

She then flipped herself down the hole after Keiji, understandably feeling a bit more comfortable in the confines of an underground cave network than exposed to the elements above. As the cold air hit her body, it shivered with pleasure, a rolling wave of which rocked her face. “Keiji-kun,” She said sternly. “Don't think I won't kill you if you keep running ahead like this. It's suspicious.”

The girl held her arms out, revealing for the first time her tight body beneath the cloak, nothing but a bra and jacket and what amounted for a miniskirt underneath. Her tools in packs strapped to her thick thighs, sweat running down the perfectly etched mounds of her abs, full breasts swaying joyfully in the cool air. This was her element, this was her home. This was what she'd bring to this group---er, not sex appeal: Spelunking. Not that kind! Like cave explor...you get it.

“Seems man-made,” She said, finally. Her finger ran along the cave wall several dozen feet from Keiji. Unsettlingly, she moved through the darkness completely silently, without the careful walking typical for such a setback. Years of subterranean living had made her uniquely adjusted for this environment. “All worked rock and whatnot. Old, though.”

She yelled up at the hole. “Ladies! Me and Keiji-kun can't be expected to do all the work!”
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
JauntyHat
What am I reading?
 
JauntyHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A House
Posts: 1,766
Default

Raiko jumped in fright as she turned towards Keiji just before he disappeared into the ground. Leaping backwards into the air and into a small brush she quickly splayed herself on the jungle floor.

“Quick Sergeant!” She shouted, “False floor! We're probably several feet off a cliff somewhere!”

Laien hadn't been as startled, outwardly anyways, at the sudden disappearance of Keiji. Unbeknownst to her comrade she had slammed a kunai into the nearest, and thickest, thickest tree to act as a holding point just in case the floor collapsed under herself. Holding onto the knife she peer back and downward into the hole, her frustration was tempered when a cold rush of air jetted from the opening. She took it in with a deep breath.

“Raiko there is nothing to be afraid of.” Laien said with confidence, no sooner afterward did Jun'ko jump down the hole as well. “It seems our guide is as eager about this discovery as you were Keiji...”

Laien stomped the ground around her feet in an effort to see whether it would collapse under her weight. There was definitely some give but it was clear it would hold so she removed the kunai from the tree and placed it back in her satchel.

Raiko exhaled deeply, thankful to hear that they hadn't just lost one of their group. She stood up and brushed off the damp undergrowth that had collected on her uniform. Slowly, she edged towards the hole and peered down it.

“Perhaps we can travel through here? It feels like it might be more comfortable...” Raiko asked Laein.

“If it's more comfortable for us then it's certainly not out of the question that it's more comfortable for other things as well.” Laien responded. “But nevertheless it's the biggest lead we've had all week.”

Laien steadied herself and jumped down into the hole, landing beside the two already below her. As she landed the dampness of the stone floor caused her foot to slip from underneath her slightly, pushing her weight backwards. Fortunately she was able to catch her fall, unfortunately that involved scraping her hand across the rough stone wall, opening up another wound. A grumble of profanity escaped her lips.

Raiko had a much more unfortunate trip, the land beneath her gave way, sending earth and plants tumbling down with her as she landed on all fours . The young shinobi let out a small squeak of pain as she righted herself; her hands and knees now covered in mud.

“Keiji are you alright?” Raiko uttered softly as she stood, almost oblivious to her own pain.

“I hope some of us brought lighting equipment because I don't think whoever built this had electricity in mind...” Laien mumbled to herself inspecting the small gash in her hand.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like honey.
JauntyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #14
Jake
Lexicanum Librarian
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,515
Default

Water dripped from the roof of the underground area that suddenly decided to engulf Keiji. It wasn’t long after Keiji began to scout out the waterway that the others began to fall in line behind him. The first one to arrive seemed to be the apparent guide. Keiji turned to greet her as she landed and before he could say anything she seemed to be caught up to him. It seemed she could handle herself fairly well and it felt like this was more familiar to her than the outside. Reality was quickly thrown back in his face, as her annoying voice hit his ears. Kill… He smirked as she seem to speak harshly about his moving ahead. She actually thinks me going ahead is suspicious. Please… and kill me… this bitch has some balls… His smirk became a slight giggle, as he brushed her words to the side deeming them hollow.

Keiji watched as rock and soil fell from the ceiling of the waterway. He guessed one of the other two was testing the ground underneath their feet. Laien followed shortly after testing the ground under her feet. It appeared as she would land fine, but something happened and it seemed she got tripped up and while catching herself from actually falling she wounded her hand. Keiji watch as she cursed out the pain and couldn’t help but laugh a little. “Welcome to the jungle?” He said to her as she recomposed herself and began to survey the area. I don't think I am as good as Jin as this quip bullshit...

The shorter more passive female, Raiko, made her way down also, but like Keiji also got tripped up and landed poorly. Keiji had an excuse, but she didn’t. Still, it didn’t matter to Keiji. He was taking a liking to her. Mainly because she seemed nice and for some reason alway seemed to wonder if Keiji was alright. “Don’t worry about me. I am fine. Are you?” He asked as she got up. “You shouldn’t worry about everyone else all the time. You gotta watch out for yourself first. I am sure your boss would even agree with that.” Keiji spoke putting his right hand on her left shoulder.

It wasn’t long before his attention was drawn back to Laien, as she began to take an assertive command of the situation. Seriously, I bet she gets off to this way too much… Keiji thought to himself as he turned back to the other two. “Light? Can’t say that I brought anything that can produce light for us. Sorry, wasn’t prepared to go spelunking in some archaic waterway that seems to be man made, but no telling who dug it out or when…” His voice trailed off as he turned back to Raiko. “Don’t you guys know like lightning or something? Can’t you technically produce light?” Keiji spoke. He never encountered Cloud while living as a Shinobi in Snow, so honestly he didn’t know anything about them.
__________________
Ninsen Clan GM

Game IDs:
LoL: Haokah
Battle.net: LowAPM#1750

AP:14
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Virtual Dream
One For All
 
Virtual Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Yonder Blue.
Posts: 3,301
Default

As the Cloud ninja acclimated to the darkness of the underground, Jun'ko fished around blindly in her pockets for a few seconds, eyes sharp to the conversations of the rest of the party. Her eyes, caught in the light of the sun streaming from above them, glinted like a cat's with some form of laughter. The Cloud offical's stern attitude was oddly attractive, and the way Keiji treated the more passive Cloud ninja was endearing. It'd be a shame if this misadventure ended in the likely betrayal or bloodshed.

Click, click...

Her lighter flared to life, burning the end of her cigarette she had stuffed between her purple lips. She inhaled deeply and then held the lighter out in front of her. It didn't offer much in the way of vision, but she could at least study the stonework of the wall. Old stuff, untouched for quite some time...at least by human hands. Skittering marks of lizards, maybe. Rats, more likely. As for the architecture, primitive at best. Hard to tell if the technology had never advanced on this island or if this was truly the ancient temple they were searching for, but the lack of glyphs made it difficult to tell.

She fidgeted with her cigarette and turned to the rugged man. “I heard that, too. Lightning chakra. That'd be as good of a light source as any, I'd say.”

Jun'ko moved back towards the rest of the group, the glow of her tobacco and the lighter in her hand her only real way to navigate. Water, oddly chilled, stirred around her ankles. The mystery of Keiji's origins had been gnawing at her brain the last few days, but it was coming to a head, now. Would she get a chance to see what he could do?
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #16
JauntyHat
What am I reading?
 
JauntyHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A House
Posts: 1,766
Default

The others were dead set on Laien and Raiko being the light sources for this little endeavor. Truth be told neither shinobi had ever really used their abilities in such a way but it was worth a shot. Laien finished bandaging up her hand and walked towards the darkness. The air was crisp with the steady flow of water but there was no internal breeze. If there was an exit to this tunnel it certainly wasn't nearby. A twitch of concerned flicked across her eyebrow as Laien looked down into the darkness.

'This is becoming more and more dangerous...' she thought to herself. 'It's one thing to travel with strangers out in the open, but now we're in a confined space with no exits and limited light...'

“If that's what we need to do to move forward then so be it.” Laien spoke allowed to no one in particular. “Raiko, put on your gloves and perform a simple technique, try not to completely release the energy though, hopefully you'll create enough of a charge to illuminate the surroundings.”

Ninjutsu was something of a specialty for the very young jounin, it was her defining characteristic and the main reason she had been promoted so early. She stepped forward and stood next to Laien; her gloves already on and ready to go. With a few hand-symbols a light crackling noise began to emanate from their direction, no light however. The girl's hair began to frizzle and stand on end, small snaps of static electricity shooting between her bangs. A few moments later the first burst of electricity shot from her finger tips to the ground. These bursts eventually subsided and the electrical charges began to swirl around her fingers and hand. The charges sped up quickly and multiplied until her whole hand and wrist were covered in a bright white light.

“Well color me impressed, Raiko.” Laien said allowed, raising her hand to give her compatriot a pat on the back, the younger shinobi quickly stepped away from her however, dodging the movement.

“I wouldn't do that sergeant... I've never done this before but I can definitely feel it... If anyone touched me I doubt I'd be able to stop my energy from grounding out through the nearest source.” Raiko said as strongly as she could.

“Well alright then.” Laien replied as she put her hand to her side, turning towards the other two. “Let's get going then and see what's down this passageway. Lead the way Raiko, I'll be right behind you.”

Raiko nodded and turned towards the darkness, she raised her hand forward slightly and began to walk. It wasn't much but it her technique acted very similar to a lantern, brightening up a spherical area around the group.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like honey.
JauntyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
Jake
Lexicanum Librarian
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,515
Default

It seemed the journey was about to truly begin for the group of four. All of them have seemed to regained their selves. The Rain-nin was still out in front of the group surveying the area with the two Cloud-nin now placed between her and Keiji. Keiji stood in the back observing the entire area seeing if he had missed anything in the damp and dark underground cavern they found themselves in. He still could not find could not find anything, of course how could he. He didn’t even know the first thing about exploring this new underground world, but he had a feeling he knew someone who did. A particular suspicious guide who was helming the group.

Raiko may be nice and kind, but I can’t let her get to me. I can’t get complacent. I still don’t know these 3 and they don’t know me. Tension is high in the small cramp space and I rather not have it pour over. Keiji said as the Rain-nin turned to him; acknowledging what he said.

Laien quickly brought Raiko beside her and instructed her to attempt such a feat. The charge in the air coming from Raiko made the air on Keiji’s arm and neck stand up. He could even feel it move through his body. It was a weird sensation. One that he couldn’t quite describe. “Impressive.” He spoke bluntly with a small smirk on his face. He was letting Raiko get to him again.

Her hand glowed with light revealing more of the area around them. Keiji didn’t know what the make of the area, but the cavern definitely continued one. He wasn’t sure how far and he bet neither did anyone else.

“I guess… we just continue on? Lead the way Jun’ko.” Keiji wanted her to be in the front, because out of everyone, it was her he didn’t trust the most. He was sure that he wasn’t on the top of the list of trustworthy for her, as well. Didn’t matter though. He needed them, but he was wondering just how much he was going to be needed. Only time would tell.
__________________
Ninsen Clan GM

Game IDs:
LoL: Haokah
Battle.net: LowAPM#1750

AP:14
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #18
Virtual Dream
One For All
 
Virtual Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Yonder Blue.
Posts: 3,301
Default

Jun'ko leaded the small exploratory team through the caverns with surprising difficulty, for her—although to the other three she proved more than proper enough at her chosen job title. She kept expecting the wind pressure and the water temperature to lead her towards hidden doorways or sudden turns, but kept bumping around following the wall for most of it's length, stepping easily where most would stumble in the darkness. This had been her life for as long as she could remember, crawling through pitch back tunnels as swiftly as possible. Even avatars of Death feared some things—and the dark was rarely a comforting place to be as a young girl coming up in the Labyrinth.

A shiver went up and down her spine, but she wasn't sure if it was anxiety, cold, or the discharge from the Raiton users. She couldn't help but be impressed, though: Raiton was as much a scientific venture as it was a spiritual technique, and required more than most forms of ninjutsu. She was glad she had decided to tag herself to this group rather than work against it, because she wasn't really sure what she could do against a par that could throw out light itself.

Her feet suddenly skidded to a stop and she held out her hand, only her lighter in the darkness illuminating her so far ahead of the rest.

“Well, I'll be!” Jun'ko purred, nodding her blonde ponytail out before her. She wouldn't tell the others this, but it reminded her instantly of home.

Jun'ko had stopped just inches away from a sudden drop, and far down below them, bio-luminescent flowers and crawling ivy illuminated a beautifully built temple, large stone pillars, shisaa lion-dog statutes, meditation ponds and a huge complex made up of wood and stone. Ancient paint still clung to the walls, and the weird language of the island—if not a protoform of it---was scribbled alongside.

The mad Jounin grinned at the three behind her, and leapt off the side, disappearing into the shadows below.
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #19
JauntyHat
What am I reading?
 
JauntyHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A House
Posts: 1,766
Default

The three shinobi that stuck behind their guide seemed to be in a completely different world. So far outside of the dome Jun'ko was barely visible; the only thing letting the Cloud shinobi know that she was still there being the flicker of her cloak and the dark silhouette that her lighter and Raiko's lantern patterned into the air in front of them. As the minutes went by, eventually totaling hours, Laien's nerves continued to rise.

'This air is thick...' she thought to herself, 'If Keiji didn't create an opening I'm sure it would be impossible to trek down here with all the dead air...'

Something was troubling Laien though, more than just the environment. Their guide never really tickled her fancy; perhaps it was the lack of a certain shine in her eyes or the devious smile she always sported but it was definitely something. Although it was never spoken of it was obvious Jun'ko was a shinobi, of what land Laien couldn't say; the shinobi's clothing didn't remind her of any country's. It was because of this that Keiji seemed like the more appropriate companion for such a mission...

“The devil you know...heh.” Laien caught herself mumbling as they continued to walk through the passageways.

“What was that sergeant?” Raiko asked but was quickly waved off by her superior. The young shinobi quickly returned to following Jun'ko.

The static charge circling her hand was an interesting feat, Raiko had to admit that. Not only was she keeping the electricity in a single space but it was a constant, never dimming or even harming her. Unfortunately after a few hours it began to wear on her; the amount of chakra necessary for such a technique was minimal but even the simplest task becomes tiresome if you do it so much. With her free hand she wiped away a couple droplets of sweat that had accumulated on her brow.

“So Keiji-san...” Raiko said in an attempt at converstion, “You never really explained at what brought you to the island in the first place” she said with a smile.

As the two conversed however, Laien kept a watchful eye on their guide. Jun'ko was in another world it seemed; fascinated with the tunnels and diving ever deeper. Or was it concern that Laien was noticing? Laien tried as hard as she could to read her movements but before she could the shinobi stopped in front of them for a split second.

“What have you found Jun'ko-” Laien began to speak only to be interrupted by the shinobi turning around and flashing them a quick grin and disappearing into the darkness. “Raiko, Keiji, stay here.” She said sternly as she grabbed a kunai and rushed forward.

Only to almost fall several stories off a cliff. Laien grinded to a halt, her arms flailed slightly before she got control of herself. Peering into the darkness she couldn't even see the glimmer of the lighter anymore.

“Damnit!” She shouted, the echo returning a few moments later from across the chasm. “Jun'ko if you value our trust you'll reveal yourself!” Laien said, kunai at the ready.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like honey.
JauntyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #20
Jake
Lexicanum Librarian
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,515
Default

The path didn’t seem like it was ever going to turn into something useful. Keiji began to wonder if this island even had anything actually on it, besides endless terrain of nothing. I hate this place… He grunted under his breathe. His legs were beginning to ache. There was no telling how long they had been walking for the day and it didn’t look like it was going to let up anytime soon. This has become one hell of a nuisance and can Jun’ko be any more annoying. Something tells me, yes. Keiji’s mind continued while the rest of the group tried to keep up with her, as she led them down the cavernous path. The charge in the air was still heavy and it drew Keiji away from the leader of the pack to the source of the charge, Raiko.

Keiji’s leg may be tiring, but Raiko seemed to be carrying the heaviest load at the moment. He could see her pace slowling down, as the channeling of the light was beginning to wane on her body’s energy. I wonder how much longer she can keep this up. We definitely need a break soon. The snow-nin continued his thoughts, as Laien said something that Keiji couldn’t make out, but had Raiko respond. She was quickly cut off by Laien and it was then she turned to Keiji, while still keeping everything going.

“Heh, I guess it was only a matter of time before one of you was going to ask that.” Keiji smirked at Raiko. “ I heard about this island through some rumors while in a tavern and decided to check this place out, while a friend of mine is off handling, well, whatever he left to handle. The guy is random, to say the least. Why I am here? Well, I am looking for things. Anything really. I used to be an Engineer. I even owned my own corporation, but it was taken from me… everything was taken…” Keiji realized he was slipping back into his past and quickly snapped out of it.

Keiji reached behind his back while explaining to Raiko about why he was there. Grabbing his glove and putting it on. Sending a small charge of chakra through it the glove sparked with electricity. “See this glove. I built it, but it is archaic. I need to improve it. Change it to something more fitting and I am hoping I can find what I need to do that.” Before Keiji could continued he watched, as the other two females disappeared into the dark and Laien order them to stay put.

“Ummm… okay. I knew something was up with that one woman.” Keiji said peering back at Raiko. “Be ready. I don’t trust the situation, but if you do something I will back up.” The snow-nin spoke as the glove tighten around his hand as he clenched and released his fist to loosen up the glove.
__________________
Ninsen Clan GM

Game IDs:
LoL: Haokah
Battle.net: LowAPM#1750

AP:14
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump