iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer
 
Kaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finding A Better End
Posts: 4,768
Default

Yori leapt away from Jun the moment her voice raised to a shout, his feet skidding across the forest floor before he anchored them to it and came to a sharp halt. "What else would it have meant? That we should sing them to sleep?" If they were already talking, well . . . He flourished and there was a dagger in his hand, ready to cut any tendrils that might've wanted to make Jun, or him, lunch.

But it turned out that wasn't necessary. Yori blinked as Jun subdued the plants around them with a slice of a floral whip. He could not parse this girl; she talked like a moron but moved faster than him, drew undue attention to herself but could clean it up with ease. Yori had never known such a combination of competence and carelessness to exist in the same person.

The plants around them were already moving, so it wasn't the motion that attracted Yori's attention. It was the smoke. The sight of the smoking Lac, moving alone through the jungle, was nearly proof enough that this was who they were looking for; the Lac did not go into the jungle. The Lac certainly did not go into the jungle alone. The burning yellow eyes . . . They sent a chill down Yori's spine, and made hm sure this was who they were sent after.

Yori pointed one hand in the direction of the rogue Lac, indicating its presence to his team. If Jun was unable to parse this signal then she was going to have to deal. hands flashed through a series of seals ending with a clap. Yori attempted to lock on to the creature's chakra signature so it could never get away.

OOC: Chakra Tsuitou no Jutsu
__________________
Cloud GM
Shinshi Clan GM
~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,664
Default

Jun wasn't completely helpless. That was a relief, but Goban was still plenty wary. Jinzo #1 and #2 looked at Yori and their creator; both golems seemed equally confused. For the moment, it seemed as if Jun needed to be watched more than protected. As far as Goban was concerned, that was enough. He'd just have to do what he could to make sure the girl didn't die.

Yori, at least, seemed to be someone Goban didn't have to worry about at all. For a kid, he seemed pretty resourceful. He didn't expect any less from a shinobi of Hidden Leaf, and he certainly wasn't about to underestimate him. Which was just as well as Goban caught the scent of something burning in the distance.

The burly Stone-nin's eyes followed Yori's pointing finger. His eyes narrowed a bit as he spotted the man, red and orange lines streaking across his frame. It looked rather familiar to Goban; he'd seen Force Jewels before, after all, but this seemed notably different. It wasn't any less dangerous, though, and the second golem joined the first, between Jun and the Lac while remaining split. Goban's left hand moved up to his chest and he performed a single handseal; in a flash of light, Reiki appeared in front of him. Swinging it over his right shoulder, he gripped the cleaver a bit more tightly.

"...Jinzo."

"...yes, Goban-sama."

The order was understood without Goban having to say much; with another handseal the Rabbit seal was covered up and the two instantly merged into a single being. Jinzo moved forward to engage the Lac, while Goban moved closer, watching their surroundings as much as their opponent. Any words to the other two would have largely been a waste of breath, at least for now...
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,326
Default

Jun turned the direction Yori pointed, curious, and put her hand to her mouth. The nightshade sword scattered as he moved her arm, the petals floating before disintegrating into fading wisps of purple smoke. For the moment, she stayed quiet, eyes locked on the Lac, who himself regarded the shinobi with some apprehension. As Yori felt out the Lac's chakra signature, it was clear, though almost noxious – the taste of smoke, metal, and blood seeped into the back of the boy's throat. Jun glanced at the boys.

What do we, like, do now or whatever?” Though she whispered, her voice still seemed to fill the jungle, and the Lac started to tear towards the shinobi.

Each footprint he left in the wet earth smoked and sizzled as embers glowed behind him. As he crashed through the underbrush, the true extent of whatever had happened to him became clear. His skin was not merely black, but blackened, burnt into a tough layer of carbon that flaked away into ash as he moved. Orange and red heat pulsed beneath and between the cracks in his skin and muscle, lines of liquid fire that seemed to have replaced his blood and veins. He was bald and eyeless, gray smog drifting out of his mouth and nose as he continued to breath.

With Jinzo drifting between the Lac and the shinobi, the burning Lac raised his hand over his head. A coiled whip of flame ignited in the air and he lashed it towards the golem, hot enough to create a heat ripple. As he stopped to launch his attack, the ground beneath the Lac erupted into flame that quickly spread out across the jungle floor towards the three shinobi, but also back into the rest of the forest. Jun fumbled with a scroll case, starting to sweat as the blaze began to jump between plants.
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #14
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer
 
Kaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finding A Better End
Posts: 4,768
Default

"Sit down over lunch and talk over our differences." Yori said, mouth turned up in a wicked grin. He planted his feet in a fighting stand and held himself with his side facing the Lac to make himself a smaller target. "I don't think that's even a Lac." He narrowed his eyes. "Not anymore. We kill it." Its chakra tasted of sulfur and violence and pain. Yori could not tell if the nature of the creature was good or bad for him; it had to have some resistance to flame in order to even work. But if he was resistant to fire, then so was Yori.

He took off sideways across the ground away from Jun and Goban while the creature took on the curious clone, hoping to avoid being caught in a larger attack with the rest of the ground. His hands clapped through seals and he felt the chakra build up inside him, pulling from the well of energy inside himself.

Yori held out a hand, palm held toward the sky as power flowed from his chest, up his arm and into the air above his hand. Flame danced out of his palm and coiled into a perfect sphere bigger than Yori's head, floating a foot from his palm. Yori flung his hand forward, releasing the ball of fire from his control as it lined up with the creature, flying in a line straight toward it.

OOC: Katon: Myaku Hitofuki no Jutsu
__________________
Cloud GM
Shinshi Clan GM
~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #15
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,664
Default

Goban didn't so much as move, his eyes narrowing a little as watched the creature charge. "What do we do? I'm all for trying not to get burned alive. Seems a good place to start, yeah?" Jinzo let out a dry chuckle as he moved forward to be the first to intercept. Goban performed a series of handseals as the lumbering golem plowed forward, a burst of light cascading over Jinzo's right arm. The kanji for "monkey" burned into his bicep and Jinzo crouched low enough to drive his fist into the ground, pulling an impressive stone katana up from the earth--just in time to avoid being struck full on by the flaming whip, parrying it with the stone blade instead.

That wasn't the Stone shinobi's immediate worry though; he was forced to reposition himself as the flames rapidly spread from whatever this was. He grimaced as the flora started catching fire. Already he could anticipate things getting grossly out of hand. Yori didn't seem to be at all bothered by it, and Goban was fairly certain he knew why. He had to be more comfortable with fire than most. If anything, it meant that he had to worry more about Jun; plants weren't exactly going to save her from being scorched.

"Get behind me, Jun," he called out; it was more a suggestion than a direct order, and he at least had a contingency if she didn't heed his warning.

OOC: Azarashi no Saru: Ni
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #16
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,326
Default

The Lac drew his hand back, the flaming lash dangling from his hand. Or, rather, it seemed to be melting into his hand – two fingers formed the base of the whip. The other two fingers began to merge together as flames ignited on the open air into a second coil of heat. The creature stood its ground as Yori's fireball flew its way. The sphere of fire hit the Lac head on, initially amounting to a lot of nothing, and then a dull bang echoed through the woods as the ball exploded. The Lac tumbled backwards, leaving a trail of embers, and crashed backwards into a tree trunk, and the entire plant flash-ignited, dropping a cloud of ash and smoke between the Lac and the shinobi.

I'm fine, I'm fine, just...just give me a moment!

Jun popped her scroll case open to reveal not parchment, but a handful of red pills. She picked one up out of the case, tossed it back down her throat, and held two fingers in the air. The girl drew a circle and burned into the air, a line of red light, then made a few handseals and held the last one. Three blobs appeared on the floating ring that slowly rippled into tomoe; Jun clutched a hand over one of her eyes. The floating seal pulsed once and faded and Jun drew her hand away. Thin trails of blood ran down her cheek, but her eye itself had changed.


The Lac came barreling through the smoke, slicing the cloud apart with four flaming whips now, two per hand. The native focused its initial assault on Jinzo and drew the whips in every direction at once to slice the golem to pieces. Each whip glowed hot like magma, more than enough to sear through the stone puppet like cheese wire.
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #17
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer
 
Kaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finding A Better End
Posts: 4,768
Default

The Copy Wheel Eye was not real. It was gone at least and a fable at most. The ancient clan that had born the eye was barely remembered and the eye itself a myth. The ability to steal jutsu by simply seeing it? To pull apart the careful secrets and hidden ways of chakra with just an eye? The Byakugan Yori had reasoned with, lived with, excused as something that was real. But Yori had been half-convinced that the stories of the Sharingan he heard had been based in falsehood. When Jun pulled out another strange, unfathomable jutsu from her arsenal Yori could not held but linger on the image in red that appeared in her circle, and her bleeding eye . . .

And then Yori heard the thing roar his eyes went right back to the cloud. His fingers ran through a blur of motion as he pulled another trick from his bag. So this thing was made of fire . . . But before he went and assumed nothing he did would do it harm, maybe Yori should try something a little more straightforward. It was lucky the only thing near the Lac was an elaborate clone; not as much chance of someone getting hurt. "Get clear!" Yori shouted, not caring for the plants, who were about to listen to something much louder anyway . . .

Yori felt his technique well up in his throat and knew he had to move fast or risk spitting it out where he didn't want it. He took in a deep breathe through his nose until his chest hurt from expanding and spat. The air congealed into a thick, mercury-silver globule that soared through the air. Yori spat out another, another and another, aiming at and around the Lac and leave it no chance to get away. Normally, Yori would have to ignite them himself, but with fire everywhere that problem was already taken care of.

Yori wiped off his mouth, grinned and mouthed 'boom.'

OOC: Katon: Shouidan no Jutsu, stage four effect
__________________
Cloud GM
Shinshi Clan GM
~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 04-05-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #18
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,664
Default

Goban couldn't be sure what he was seeing.

The technique she used was both foreign and vaguely familiar to him. He was more concerned for Jun's general well being than what she'd actually done to herself. This was a bad time to be curious, though in all reality, there was little he had to actually do when Jinzo was fighting. That was often the nature of not only the relationship between the golem and his creator, but the way Jinzo cut loose--no pun intended--when he had a sword in his hands.

Jinzo was definitely not amused when the Lac suddenly sprouted four whips instead of one. He managed to keep two of them from tearing into his stone form, though the third seared right through the stone katana, leaving little more than a hilt and less than half a blade in Jinzo's hands. He threw it aside and shifted his weight backward--he was little more than a distraction anyway.

As Yori yelled to get clear, Goban's hands moved again, forming a rapid series of handseals just as the Lac's fiery whip lashed across--and through--Jinzo. Rather than being cut in two, Jinzo split into two golems again, and both retreated back toward the group with astounding speed, leaving the Lac to be blown up by Yori's jutsu. One paused near Jun while the other moved not far from the rather wide blast radius that Yori had created, just in case.

There's no fucking way it'll be this easy.

"Are you alright, Jun?"
The golem nearest Jun focused its attention on her, while the other concentrated on the fiery fate of the Lac. With so much of the forest floor still ablaze, Goban looked quickly for a new route to take, hardly wanting to be trapped by a rapidly spreading fire.
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,326
Default

I'm fine, I just-” Jun's eyes flicked this way and that, tracking the Lac, and another trickle of blood leaked out of her altered eye. “I don't know what I'm looking at. What...are you?

The globs of shiny napalm hit their marks, forming a loose ring around the Lac that instantly erupted. Dirt and debris kicked up in a wide cloud; Jun threw her arms over her face as the dust cloud exploded outward to briefly cover the shinobi in darkness. A flaming whip cut through the cloud and sent it swirling away, revealing the blackened jungle around the Lac and the ninja. The ground cover had turned to ash, the copse of trees smouldered and disintegrated. The canopy, or what remained of it, sat shrouded by a dome of gray. From within the gray fog of sizzling dirt, two pinpricks of yellow shined through – the Lac's eyes turned to Yori.

Look out!

Without further warning, flame ignited on open air into a long, jagged column. The fire appeared between the Lac and Yori and then took the shape of a massive serpent, its head materializing around Yori in an instant. Its jaws hung open and dripping fangs of liquid fire burned hot enough to create steam in the jungle. The snake hung there briefly and a voice rasped out from somewhere closer to the Lac.

So You Like To Play With Fire, Boy? Me Too.

The snake's jaws snapped shut, seeking to trap Yori and set him ablaze.
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #20
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer
 
Kaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finding A Better End
Posts: 4,768
Default

Yori stood firm kept his stance low, squinting as the smoke rushed around him. Yori could still sense that . . . Vile aura of chakra through the smoke. There were ways to shake his tracking, but if Yori could still sense the Lac then that meant it was still alive and kicking, one way or another. Thinking of the worst, Yori's hands conjured a skein of illusion, just in case . . . Maybe it had been injured, or . . . Bright eyes stared Yori down through the smoke. No such luck, and now its target was him.

He bit down on his lip and scrapped his brain for a plan that wouldn't get him killed. That was all the time it took for the Lac to do everything it needed. There was a burst of light and fire, and suddenly Yori was staring into the mouth of a great fiery serpent. His stomach dropped like a heavy stone and his eyes widened until the iris showed. Knee-jerk instinct saved him.

Yori leaned back slightly and pumped chakra down his leg, to the soles of his feet and out, out with all the force he could muster. He was propelled backward through the air by a a narrow line of fire as the mouth snapped shut where Yori had just stood. He hit the ground and skipped once like a stone over water before he regained balance and caught himself, throwing himself up on a hand and skidding over the ground from the inertia.

Of course if his Genjutsu had taken proper hold everyone else was seeing something very different.

OOC: Aitou no Hibiki, Sekka
__________________
Cloud GM
Shinshi Clan GM
~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 04-06-2014 at 07:12 PM..
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump