iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Default Seirei no Shima - Discussion and Help

This thread is for asking (and answering) questions about the Island of Spirits, as well as for players to discuss ideas for threads. A few questions I suspect will be common:

Who can play here?

A: The short answer is everyone. Like the City of Kings or non-shinobi countries, the island is recognized as neutral territory. The companies and other influential people on the island don't particularly care about a character's allegiance, as long as they get the job done. This is a good chance for characters from multiple villages not just to meet on peaceful terms, but to officially work together on missions and build intervillage relations.

Who is the GM of the island?

A: I am the primary GM of the island in the sense that any island-specific questions or concerns, I'm generally the person that should be contacted. As Engiversary 10 continues, I'll also be overseeing event/plot progress on the island, though other GMs may pitch in with that.

Can I make a character from the island?

A: Yes and no. While Last Landing has existed long enough for there to be children born there, the island lacks a hidden village, a shinobi academy, or any other official shinobi population. A character could be born on the island and move to another country afterward without much difficulty. Otherwise, characters who have jutsu will have to justify them, and will be considered missing-nin, just like any other instance of villageless shinobi. I really don't recommend trying to push one through registry.

How weird can things get?

A: Obviously, both the info and the mission list have a number of things that are above the typical Strangeness Quotient for Engi, and that's totally okay. Anything that draws from those examples is allowed, at least on the island. A lot of the weird things in canon but not on Engi are also 100% valid as story elements on the island: Tayuya's ogres, Karin's reverse-vampirism, dark fire of burning black flame, voodoo-adjacent religious fanatics, whatever. Keep in mind that these things should be kept to the antagonist side of things and that the island is not a way to justify a character figuring out how to bend space and time with his special eyes.

Where the tailed beasts at?

A: What tailed beasts???
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
Oakapea

You say that an event is going to start soon, but in the meantime, are we allowed to have threads at this new location? I imagine the answer is yes, considering the sample missions you put up, but boy would it be awkward to start a thread here before it was open.
Oakapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Yes! Go ahead and start threads. Events, like usual, will be rated and rewarded outside normal limits.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
HandGrenadeXx
Elvis Ain't Dead

Will I be getting paid for coming up with this idea??

Quote:
Titans
The only thing reports agree about the titans is their size: giant. Tall as trees, the titans seem to be forces of nature more than any living creature. They are blamed for all manner of weirdness on the island, including abandoned camps, fallen trees, sunken ships, and heavy storms. A couple grizzled veterans tell stories of towering, spindly bodies of flame and rage, but if anyone has truly survived an encounter with a titan, they haven't come forward with the details.
Quote:
"Oh, that's perfect," Huchaka said this with a blank expression draped onto his face, "except for the fact that there's five more Titans down there we have to figure out something to do with."

"You're the one with the fancy ninjutsu, burn the forest down if you have to." Batou pulled a few go-stones from his pocket and with a wink and a smile, he was gone. Racing down the length of the tree, and regrettably, Huchaka was right behind him. Even more regrettably, the Titan wasn't as dumb and stupid as Batou had hoped. At the bottom of their outpost, something had been waiting for them. To Batou's delight it wasn't another Titan, it was only a pack of vicious dogs. Waiting patiently for dinner to make its way down to them.

From Don't Sweat the Technique

Swap
In the Registry:

AP
HandGrenadeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
merdle
Robot Admin

Close but no cigar, amigo.

Peep the deets.

Besides, I'm sure Hajime Isayama would like to have a word with all of us, yeah?
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
HandGrenadeXx
Elvis Ain't Dead

Technically speaking, there is no reference to 'Titans' in your 'Deets', you used the term 'Gods'. Maybe 1 AP for little ole' me?? I'm just saying, no need to be greedy, plus it's for a really great cause.

Swap
In the Registry:

AP
HandGrenadeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #7
merdle
Robot Admin

Oh, weird, my beastiary isn't in that old post. But the point is that the monsters Jami created were all in my original idea.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Putting this here since I believe the question might be repeated later . . . Where and how does one claim the GMAP in non-event spirit island threads?

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Once the thread is in ratings, let me know and I'll drop in to do the GMAP giveaway.