iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #21
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Goban didn't even have time to react. Had he overestimated Yori's ability? He certainly didn't see it coming from the Lac, but even that was within what he could have predicted. Losing sight of Yori, Goban assumed the worst, his eyes widening for moment before his focus returned. He couldn't worry about that now. Not yet.

"Jinzo!" Goban's hands swiftly moved again and formed a series of handseals; the unarmed golem slammed both palms into the ground, tearing a stone shield from the earth beneath his feet. He left Jun's side and rushed forward at full speed--which was still plenty impressive for how squat and compact the four foot tall chunk of stone was. He plowed right into the Lac's fiery form, shield first in an attempt to pin it to one of the trees behind it, flames be damned.

The katana-wielding golem was right behind his other half, attempting to drive the stone blade right through the Lac's skull.

With Jinzo assaulting the Lac, it left Goban more time to focus on what was going on. He still had no idea where the voice was coming from, but he planned on finding out.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread

Last edited by GranspearZX; 04-11-2014 at 02:16 AM..
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
Jami
Pretentious Douche

The flaming serpent closed its jaws around Yori, but not really, just a quick illusion of him. The snake's eyes swiveled this way and that, and then the whole snake collapsed into little dying embers. It left a little pile of ash where Yori had been standing, the ground burned black and powdery. Jun focused on the spot for a moment, then turned her head just enough to glance at the real Yori, the tomoe of her bleeding eye spinning once. The girl put her hands together and started making some seals, concentration clear over her features.

The Lac wobbled a moment as though stunned, long enough for the first of the golems to bowl him over and slam him against a tree. Smoke rushed out of the Lac's mouth and nose at the force of the hit and his skin crackled and flaked. Warm, brilliant light flashed in his chest and the flaming serpent reappeared, this time stretching the Lac's mouth open wide as the snake issued forth from his throat. The Lac's body hung there, limp, pinned against the charred tree trunk as the snake uncoiled and hissed at Jinzo.

The serpent wrapped around the shield-wielding Jinzo in an instant and squeezed. The flames of its body burned white-hot and seared straight through the stone of the golem. The first Jinzo fell away as chunks of rock as the snake cut through him. The snake opened its mouth to clamp down on the second golem – Jun ran across the field, put a hand on Jinzo's back, and vaulted over him. She closed her eyes and took a wild swing with her open palm.

Evil Sealing Method!

Her hand rebounded off the snake, which recoiled and let out a splitting screech. The beast receded back into the Lac's body, flailing about as it did so, and then it was gone. The Lac's eye sockets sat dark and empty, then he toppled to the ground. Jun looked at him for a moment, then started bouncing on her feet and waving her burned hand all through the air. She breathed on it, creating ice crystal in the air, but the skin of her palm and fingers was already pink and swollen.

Hot, hot, hot!
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

The pile of ash where Yori used to stand rose in ribbons of thoughtstuff before dissolving into the air. While his first illusion still rang in the air and kept him hidden Yori groped at the ground, pulled dirty from the undergrowth, smeared it across his shirt, put a piece of torn green into his hair and made a seal, bending perception around him until even when Aitou no Hibiki wore off completely no boy stood where was hiding . . . Only shrubs and vines. Though . . . Yori couldn't help but let his stare linger on Jun. Had she looked his way already? The Byakugan was supposed to make most genjutsu effectively worthless . . . Was Jun's—Yori refused to call it a Sharingan until he really knew what was going on—enough to reveal his position to her?

The Lac was not dead, Yori was sure of that. While he might have fallen Yori could still taste fire and smoke in the back of his throat from the thing's flaring chakra. It was possible that the thing was down for the count since just the presence of chakra only proved it wasn't dead . . . But Yori didn't want to take chances. He narrowed his eyes, trained his ears and moved through another cycle of seals.

The greenery around Goban seemed to twist and writhe and spin together until it became a spitting image of Yori, sitting crouched by Goban's side and staring suspiciously down at the fallen Lac. "Careful," Yori's seeming warned. "I can still feel its chakra in there somewhere. Whatever happened to it, it's not dead." It turned to Jun and raised an eyebrow. "What did you do to it anyway? I don't think it usually does that."

OOC: Dokuji no Gisou, Konoha no Jumon

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 04-12-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:23 AM   #24
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Goban watched carefully. Apart from staying clear of the burning terrain, the Iwa shinobi didn't really move much. He couldn't afford to worry about Yori, not now, and certainly not after the Lac had proven just how dangerous it could be. Shield-Jinzo pinned it against the tree, but the immobilization wasn't nearly as effective as he'd hoped. Something he'd have to consider in the future...

And then, Jun. Out of nowhere.

As an Ishiburo, Goban was plenty knowledgeable about seals--their origins, history, function, and purpose. He wasn't sure what intellectual leaps it took for Jun do what she did, but when it had an actual, visible effect, he had to pause to consider just what it was they were fighting. Things that probably shouldn't have existed. Just what other secrets did this island have lying in wait?

"Whatever 'it' is, it's still in there. Subdued, for the moment. We have other issues as well..."
Goban's eyes moved to Yori, looking him over. Had he used some sort of genjutsu? He couldn't really be sure what he was seeing. Between the smoke, the fire snake, Yori's near-death, and Jun's eye... There were too many questions that needed answering. "For now... we should decide what to do with him. Just not here. Jinzo, would you mind?"

By now, the Rabbit seal had faded. Jinzo now stood at his full height and pointed the sword at the Lac's neck, practically daring him to move.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 AM   #25
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Jun continued to shake her hand, her lips pushed out in a pout as she looked between the two boys and the golem for sympathy. She held her burned hand around the wrist and the welts along her fingertips almost seemed to pulse in time with her heartbeat. The girl reached up and dragged the back of her hand along her cheek and under her eye, smearing some of the leaking blood dribbling out from the socket. She nodded down at the Lac and shifted from foot to foot.

Whatever happened to him, it's sort of like a seal – I could kind of see the pattern behind all the fire, but it's kind of broken, like whoever did it didn't finish. Or did it wrong. But I figured I might be able to patch it up at least for a moment.” She poked her toe at the motionless Lac and rolled the man onto his back. The native lay there, his skin crackling and peeling as he continued to burn internally, even if he remained otherwise still. Jun pointed at the Lac's throat. “There.

Sure enough, when he wasn't moving or on fire, there did look to be a pattern within the charred, broken carbon shell that was the man's flesh. A roughly crescent-shaped swoop of symbols had been carved into the man's lower neck, probably before he'd started to combust, and now they glowed with a dull red heat: In Awe of He Who Wreathes. Jun tapped her finger to her lip, then kissed the swollen pad. “I've never seen anything quite like it. Oh, and my patch won't hold forever, so whatever we're going to do, you better decide quick.
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #26
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Yori wasn't near enough to see the seal himself; his genjutsu did not give him telepresence. But he caught enough of the context to make the connections; a seal on the Lac had made him this way and made him a creature of violence and fire. "Well, do we have a way to subdue him?" Yori narrowed his eyes. "Keep him from turning us all to cinders? Cause if we don't, then there's really only one thing that we can do." His illusion pressed a thumb against its throat and drew it slowly across it. "Those flames nearly caught me. It's not my specialty, but I should be able to resist fire . . . But those would have roasted me. I have nothing that could make him safe . . . Just steel with sharp edges. We might never get a chance like this again."

Something occurred to Yori. He bit down on his lip and his mimicry mirrored the action. ". . . You say it's a seal." Yori said. Usually when someone in the shinobi world called something a seal, they were referencing something more abstract. A mark of power that changed someone and altered them, body and soul . . . But that snake of fire . . . was something literally sealed into this one? "If we do kill him, is something going to . .. you know. Break free?"

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote