iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #41
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,170
Default

Taisuke nodded to Hitomi. “Fine.

As the iron chains wrapped around the massive beetle, Taisuke walked forward towards him, one sword drawn. He picked up his speed and hopped up onto the pedestal itself, then sent the sword thrusting forward with both hands. Taisuke grit his teeth as the katana plunged into Kizetsu, skewering the beetle. Blue electricity danced down the length of the blade and over the hilt – Taisuke locked up as the current jumped through him and skittered over the ground below.

The kikai withdrew, but the buzzing in the cavern didn't stop. The sound seemed to get even greater, more than hundreds of tiny kikai. This was the sound of thousands of cicada, of a million wasps in chorus, run together with the dull, high-pitched whine of power cables. Kizetsu placed his legs on the blade sticking through his thorax and carefully lifted himself off; something blue and wispy leaked out of him like blood-vapor, and Taisuke tumbled backwards off the pedestal to the ground. The samurai twitched and then started to shakily pick himself back up.

I have waited too long to be done in by parasites once more I will bury this place and you with it you naked apes I am storm itself and you are ants to be washed out!

Kizetsu hovered in the air and glowed briefly before great arcs of lightning shot out of him in every direction. The lines of electricity scoured over the walls of the cavern, leaving black trails of burnt stone, and the beetle himself turned this way and that as if aiming against something only he could see – the myriad of swarms Tetsumi's illusion created. But without the swarms to absorb the brunt of the force, the beetle began to rampage, unleashed. The beetle seemed to be losing shape and definition, his carapace degrading into a blue light, though the iron chains still tethered him.

He's...unraveling...” Taisuke pulled himself to the base of the pedestal to take shelter from the lightning storm. “A little more.
Jami is offline  
Old 04-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #42
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville
 
Kana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,128
Default

Takeo continued to control the chains to try and immobilize the beetle. What he found disturbing was the sound that began to echo around the chamber. It continued to get louder and louder even though most of the kikai began to find their way back into Tetsumi’s body. The redhead’s grey eyes followed the sword and then looked to Kizetsu’s body as he slid off of it. What happened next was unfortunate.

As the bijuu began to unleash hell, Takeo had to think fast, something that he wasn’t great at. If he didn’t do something quickly, the ceiling would collapse on him and maybe everyone else. His hand quickly moved over to his waist, unsheathing his sword just enough to cut his thumb. He then began to proceed through a series of hand seals before kneeling down and slamming his hand into the ground. Around his hand a summoning circle appeared and from it, a trio of ants crawled out.

”We need a roof…something to protect us from the collapsing ceiling.” The ants looked up to the ceiling and then nodded before they began to take the falling pieces and move towards the kunoichi, starting to build a dome. Takeo continued to control the chains to try and hold back the bijuu but he also began to back towards the ants and the dome that they were building.

Taisuke had found his own cover so he didn’t have to worry about him. His hope was that the ants would be quick enough to protect the three shinobi. ”Cover your heads you two. This is my first time trying this.” He didn’t really think about the logistics of it all, using bug summons to fight a bug bijuu with an Aburame around of course it was too late to back out now.

OOC: Swarms: Teeming Industry, Stage 5 scaling.
__________________
Rain GM/Sand Secondary


Items/Swaps
Kana is offline  
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #43
Will of Fire
:)
 
Will of Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,215
Default

"Seriously... What. The. Fuck." Hitomi pulled away from Tetsumi. The Aburame had made some sort of weird sound and suddenly there were bugs whizzing by her head to get to her comrade. Kizetsu was angry now and the sounds of insects swarming was pounding in the Nara's ears. Not only that, Takeo was getting in on the action and summoning MORE FREAKING BUGS.

Hitomi had clearly missed some sort of memo about being able to do things with insects. She wanted to cover her ears and cower in the corner and wait for it to be over. When she moved her hands, though, the teen realized that they were itchy. Really itchy. When she glanced down at them, she realized that the bites from the kikai had caused raised bumps to rise on her skin.

Forcing herself to focus again, Hitomi evaluated the situation. Taisuke claimed that they were almost done, though he could clearly have been lying again. Still, the creature was shooting lightning everywhere and if they didn't do something, they were all going to be electrocuted.

As she glanced up at the ants moving around her, she realized that her window for attack was closing (rather literally). Her mode of attack had to be difficult to predict and perceive, so making use of the dim lighting seemed to be the best option. It was time for the Nara to do Nara things. Screw these jerks and their bugs.

The girl's itching fingers moved to form a string of signs. She realized then that her shadow barely needed to stretch to reach Kizetsu since essentially the entire space was covered in wildly moving, dark silhouettes. She was aiming for the underside of the thorax, forcing her shadow to spin forcefully in an attempt to drill through his exoskeleton to... whatever nasty mess was inside.

OOC: Kage Kurinuku (Shadow Drill)
__________________



Please do not request registry checks. I'll get to it soon enough.
Will of Fire is offline  
Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #44
Oakapea
avatar of the bug god
 
Oakapea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 12/f/tokyo
Posts: 1,929
Default

There was very little that could make Tetsumi angry. Hurting her friends and teammates was one of these things. Hurting her kikai was another. The fact that her bugs had disobeyed, had left her to die—that was an eye-opener, but Tetsumi couldn't truly be angry at her charges. How many years had she been a terrible leader to them? How long had she spent avoiding their power? No, Tetsumi wasn't angry at her kikai.

Kizetsu, however, she was furious with.

The awe and desire the Aburame had felt towards the bijuu had left her when her kikai did. All Tetsumi felt now was a cool, dark rage. It was what drove her to draw a kunai, to focus her chakra into it. The process was an arduous one; her thoughts were still sluggish, her limbs still heavy. The sight of Kizetsu struggling against an unreal foe drove Tetsumi forward, however. He would have slaughtered them all. He would have killed his brethren. The logic was shaky—what was the bug, truly?—but the feelings it inspired were powerful and unmitigated.

"Return," she told Taisuke, extending one hand to him as the dome closed over her and Hitomi. This creature will die.

The lighting spent itself uselessly on the surroundings as Tetsumi released her projectile, sending it sailing over Kizetsu's steaming body. The effort of the technique coupled with the condition of her body was exhausting; Tetsumi slumped into Takeo as soon as the dagger hit the opposite wall of the chamber. It split immediately into five daggers, rebounding in the direction of the bijuu, then split again, and again, and again. As the dome sealed over the four of them, trapping them in darkness, Tetsumi closed her eyes wearily. If her and Hitomi's techniques combined hadn't been enough to dispel Kizetsu, she would continue fighting, but the reprieve offered by their shelter was much needed.

Tetsumi paused. Something very important occurred to her.

"T-takeo... Why can you summon ants?"

OOC: Used stage 6 projectile ninjutsu Dagger Cascade.

Last edited by Oakapea; 04-06-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Oakapea is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #45
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,170
Default

Taisuke looked up to meet Tetsumi's eye as she issued a command, then smirked a little. He started to move again, but his movements seemed shaky, slower than they had been even seconds before. As Hitomi's shadow pierced Kizetsu's glowing body, Taisuke made his way across the ground and under the closing dome. The ants worked from the inside, shielded from the lightning and, then, the cloud of daggers. Soon, the dome blocked the shinobi and the samurai from seeing into the rest of the chamber, just able to see flashing blue light from under the bottom of the makeshift wall.

Kizetsu's buzzing rose in pitch and intensity as a multitude of voices issued into the cavern. Between crackles of electricity and miniature thunderclaps, the bug babbled something, words and phrases out of order and in whole different languages. Then, with a long piercing wail, the light turned bright white and flooded the cavern for an instant. After that, everything was still. No more lightning storm, no more hissing of insects, aside from the few kikai still protesting, and the cave was quiet and calm.

Taisuke coughed and dark, almost black blood leaked out from behind his lips. “Sorry. This really was supposed to be easy. I didn't think any of them had reformed so much.” He closed his eyes and swallowed, settling against the stone. “It needs two of you to turn on. Twelve seals in order of the zodiac, starting from dragon, then put a hand on the tablet. Once it's activated, that's it, you're done. Mission accomplished.
Jami is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #46
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville
 
Kana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,128
Default

The redhead’s eyes went to the two kunoichi that were already under the dome and then glanced out at Taisuke as he began to move that direction as well. With luck, all four of them will be safe before the bugs finish their work. The two females had thrown out jutsu at the chained up bijuu before ducking into safety and their guide joined them right before the dome closed. His head quickly snapped to the question of the Aburame and he shrugged a little bit.

”I’ll explain it later, when it’s more appropriate.” He knew that she was having a rough time and didn’t really feel that the situation was right to go into explaining things. Maybe once they are out of the catacombs and back on the landing, he’d explain it all. Gently he leaned over and kissed the top of her head gently as the flash of light shone through the bottom of the dome.

As it was all over Takeo looked to the giant ants that were waiting on the next order and he waved them off. ”Thanks for the hard work guys. I’ll get you back later. We can get out now.” The ants began to work on destroying the dome as fast as they had built it. Once there was enough of a gap for Takeo to slide through, he rolled to the outside, looking to the podium that the bug was sitting on.

”Hitomi, you mind helping me out with this? “ The redhead made his way to the stand and looked around for the zodiac signs, waiting for the Nara to come and help him out if she wanted to.
__________________
Rain GM/Sand Secondary


Items/Swaps
Kana is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #47
Will of Fire
:)
 
Will of Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,215
Default

"What's it saying?" Hitomi asked as the chattering insect noises rose in volume all around them. She scooted further into the center of the dome as it became more and more crowded with people and giant freaking ants.

The teen watched with no small amount of anxiety as the blue light flickered across the floor at the base of the ants' construct. She was concerned that it was about to shatter under the pressure and that they were about to be thoroughly cooked.

When things settled down and she looked around, everyone was still alive. Well, except Taisuke, of course. The Nara scratched her itching hands for a moment as she tried to wrap her mind around what she'd just seen. "So... uhh... where did it go? What happens to one of those when they explode or run away or whatever?"

When Taisuke explained how to activate the device, Hitomi stared at him questioningly. She didn't trust him as far as she could throw him, and she was a weakling so that wasn't very far. Dead weight.

Heh. Dead.

The kunoichi glanced at Takeo when he called her name. She really didn't want to activate this thing when she wasn't sure what the consequences might be. She wasn't sure if it took two people in general or if they had to be alive. If they had to be alive, would it then cause them to be dead? She was terribly suspicious of what would happen, but she did dearly want to leave this place. It smelled like dust and mold and insect butt.

Finally, she got to her feet and made her way over to Takeo. Hitomi reluctantly began making the movements as directed by Taisuke, promising herself that if it backfired somehow and she died, she was going to kill him.

Again.
__________________



Please do not request registry checks. I'll get to it soon enough.
Will of Fire is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #48
Oakapea
avatar of the bug god
 
Oakapea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 12/f/tokyo
Posts: 1,929
Default

Tetsumi smiled tiredly at Takeo's touch. She was still shaken—the kikai hadn't ignored her so thoroughly since she was first bound with them, and even then, they had never left her to die. It was a relief both to know her teammates were uninjured and that Kizetsu was dying; Tetsumi listened to his death screams with grim satisfaction. He would never hurt her kikai again.

"Some of it sounds familiar," she told Hitomi. The lightning painted uneven, frightening shadows across the group, but no harm came to them. "There are old dialects in there... very old." The kikai that still crowded around and in Tetsumi worked diligently to repair the damage they had caused, but they would still remember the exact sounds and words for as long as they lived—longer, even, with the hivemind. Tetsumi made a note to ask Masuyo if she could shed any light on the words or the origin of the creature.

These "Watchers" Kizetsu mentioned... who are they? How many are there? She watched Takeo and Hitomi approach the platform warily.

"Is there a chance Kizetsu tampered with the device?" she asked, glancing at the man. He didn't look good, even for a dead man; the chuunin would have steadied him had she been in any better shape herself. He can be... re-killed, then. Like his companion. Otherwise he wouldn't have hired protection. Tetsumi looked back towards her teammates. She was still tense—partially owed to the poison still slogging through her veins, but mainly because of the day they had had up until this point.

The chuunin shrugged her shoulders, coaxing the projectiles sealed in her sleeves into ready position. She was barely on her feet, but if the tomb was holding any more strange surprises, Tetsumi wasn't about to be caught off guard.
Oakapea is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #49
Jami
Pretentious Douche
 
Jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 5,170
Default

No,” Taisuke shook his head and cracked his eyes open. “the bijuu are almost completely chakra with no flesh, while I'm basically flesh with no chakra. The device requires a mix of both, which is why shinobi need to be involved. At any rate, he couldn't have done more than leave a few bite marks.

Indeed, the tablet atop the pedestal appeared to be in good condition, albeit with a few light burns from the lightning storm, but the ash brushed off easily. With Takeo and Hitomi closer, the tablet itself came into better view. The panel was roughly rectangular, but the surface was uneven with a deep carving surrounded by hills and valleys in the stone. If they squinted, it became clear; a topographical map of the island. The southern end by Last Landing lay blank, but the hills grew larger to the north and there was even a smaller bit to the bottom corner for Shell Isle. The stone seemed somehow new and old at the same time, as though it had been created long ago and then left here to collect dust, unused.

Around the edge of the tablet were twelve carvings, representations of the animals of the zodiac. As Hitomi and Takeo moved through each seal, the appropriate carving lit up and glowed with soft light. When the final seal was performed, the emblems melded together into a continuous band of light that lifted off the tablet and formed a ring in the air over it. Slowly, other points of light began to appear over the surface of the tablet: three in the jungle, one in the mountains, one between Spirit and Shell, and one right over where Last Landing should have been. The lights flickered, moving a little but staying in roughly the same spot.

Then, one of the lights, one that seemed to correspond with where the cave itself lay, burned white hot and burst before vanishing. Taisuke huffed from where he lay on the ground watching. “Must have been Kizetsu. The Watchers thank you, shinobi. But I think we better head back.
Jami is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #50
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville
 
Kana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,128
Default

They really had no choice but to trust what Taisuke was saying when to the operation of the pedestal. As soon as Hitomi joined him, Takeo worked through each seal carefully with her before he took a few steps back once the light show started. Part of him wanted to cover his eyes, expecting some sort of explosion but it never happened. Instead the redhead found himself looking over each dot, wondering if they meant what he thought they meant and Taisuke’s mention of Kizetsu as one of the dots disappeared solidified it.

A large sigh of relief escaped Takeo’s lips and he turned, stepping away from the podium. He wondered if someone was going to come into the catacombs to keep an eye on the tablet but it didn’t seem to be any of Taisuke’s concern at the moment. As such he looked towards Tetsumi, glad that she was alright for the most part after everything that had gone on. Heading back though never sounded better than it did in that moment.

”You two going to be okay walking back on your own?” Takeo was hoping that the answer to that question was yes…at least from one of them. He could probably help one person make it back to the Landing but trying to get both of them back would probably be out of the question. And as feisty and stubborn as Hitomi was, he found it hard to believe that she’d be able to carry either one on her own.

That walk back to Last Landing should be uneventful, which was a good thing. It had been a rough time but it was all over. At least for now it was.
__________________
Rain GM/Sand Secondary


Items/Swaps
Kana is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump