iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:24 AM   #11
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Ten kind of knew where she was going. All she really remembered was that Sector Two was where the church met and that it was in an abandoned factory of sorts. Ten was not paying attention as much as she should have and in hindsight, wish she had. There was now a sense of responsibility upon her shoulders and she felt like there might be some disappointment. However, she would fake it till she made it, or fake it till they got lost and died of starvation in the sewers. Either way, she knew the way to the general area. The sewers winded and twisted, the poor and the weak filling the metal cylinders as much as the water itself.

The thoughts and memories of what she saw in the church made her hesitant but she knew that behind her was a strong Jounin, a capable one that she had fought along multiple times with. Her cousin was no pushover she knew that. Slowly but surely the memory of the adventure she completed with Renko was becoming clear and she was almost positive she was near her destination.

She remembered the outcrop of homeless, the weird smell and the taste in the air. She remembered and then they were there. It was as if they just magically arrived and Ten had a weird feeling of being watched. Kazu would have no idea that Ten almost instinctively found their destination and Ten would not show any signs of confusing distress.

”This is it, I think this is the place where the cult had grouped up.” Ten stated as she pointed to the large building in front of the two Maeda.

It seemed empty at this point and it was possible that none of the cultist were left but she couldn’t be sure. She pressed forward and opened the large metal door.
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
Wess
Ancient Member

The walk there didn’t bother him too much; where Ten had taken him was an offshoot of one of the main canals, one that was surprisingly close to known CCC territory. He made a mental note to check for any connection: The last thing he needed was the gang trying to involve the Maeda in anymore of their ploys. Usagi had already fallen victim to them, being kidnapped and forced to use her unique strain as a strange kind of drug. He had since learned to mimic it – it was rather effective at calming down angry civilians.

“You think?” He pushed past her, into the makeshift place of worship. It was dark, with a kind of musk that could only be generated by a sewer and dried blood. His nose turned up as he walked in, canting his head from left to right. From what little he could see in the darkness, he wasn’t impressed.

He traipsed between a few rows of pews before pausing, crossing his arms and looking back toward Ten. He hadn’t questioned her motives about bringing him here, but he could feel distrust brewing. Like her, he could feel various eyes boring into him, even sense their presences nearby. But he didn’t let onto it; rather, he sat at one of the pews, running a hand across their wood frame, as if to search for some kind of text.

“…Why did you want to come here again?” His voice was level, despite their circumstances. If worse came to worst, the two of them were capable fighters. Part of him wanted to torch the entire place, burn it to the ground. It wasn’t so much that he was offput by the place as much as it was that he viewed it as an entire affront to his existence – an entire cult, devout to parasites controlled by his family.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:36 AM   #13
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

”This is where I felt my mother. The priest that was leading the flock within here stated that he knew my mother, but I was not ready to see her. I want to find some sort of evidence that she is around here; maybe a map, a letter, a note, a picture. Anything that I can find related to her will help a lot.” Ten stated on tangent. She didn’t really look at Kazu but instead was continuing to look around the area for more clues.

Despite what had recently happened there felt like people were still within the building, as if they had nowhere else to go. The horror that she had experienced previously had put a bad taste in her mouth but she needed to know.

From what she remembered there was a whole underground system beneath the makeshift church and there was sure to be some sort of living quarters within the area. She knew that it would be a bad idea to separate and that’s something she did not want to do. Kazu was a strong Maeda, and despite nearly dying only a few times within the building they were currently in, she felt safe with the cousin.

”I remember some sub level basement that connected to some of the other sewers. There was something that I fought down there so I didn’t have any time to investigate but I remember rooms, a lot of rooms.” Ten stated as she continued on her way.

The shadows seemed to move around the two Maeda, but they were harmless. Husks of flesh just to be fed upon by the karamushi.

Opening the door the sound echoed through the chambers of the basement. However, something called back from the darkness, its groans slightly louder then the doors. Ten began to descend into the darkness, unaware of what would be waiting for her.
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #14
Wess
Ancient Member

Kazuhiko shot Ten a look, gripping onto the pew in front of him. He felt for her, but clinging to the notion that she might find a random piece of paper in a commune was farfetched at best. It was something that required extensive investigation or a skilled tracker, something the Maeda only had light experience with. Kazuhiko was first and foremost an assassin, one usually tasked with deep cover missions or raids – while it wasn’t impossible for him to be of use in finding his cousin’s mother, if she was actually still alive, it wouldn’t be easy.

He sifted through the book, rolling his eyes at the notion of there being a mythological origin behind the karamushi. There was talk of a leviathan for a few pages at least, and after a flipping to the very end, he rolled his eyes and returned to book to its holster on the pew. Despite Ten’s reservations, she seemed rather adventurous, something Kazuhiko didn’t doubt was attributed to the increased manpower.

So he stood, following after her, a breastplate forming underneath his clothing while chitin simultaneously secreted underneath his right sleeve, forming a gauntlet. Nothing good ever came from being unprepared, something that became increasingly clear as his ears twitched. Something just below them didn’t sound human, and yet, Ten marched, unabashed, fearlessly, as if she lacked any kind of fear or caution.

His eyes narrowed as he continued after her, allowing her to step through the chamber. He waited at the foot of the stairs, at the entrance. If the chuunin wanted to be fodder, that was on her.

Women.

Just beyond them, the awkward shuffling of limbs dragging echoed through the spacious chambers. The occasional screech, the sound of chitin clinking against the ground, it all made Kazuhiko nauseous. He heard a final screech, and then what sounded like a spider’s hiss as something skittered through the darkness, straight for Ten.