iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Default Black Forest Retreat

Sosu waited at the edge of the forest, its creeping miasma taunted him as if it was alive and ready to go. Sosu was not the type to be afraid of something, but there was something about the forest that really worried him and it was obvious that he was in for the fight of his life. There have been times in his life where his life was in danger, however, this felt different. This felt like his soul was at stake in this battle for the mountain and Sosu was starting to think that he would not be able to compete with the others.

Then the doubt lifted as he thought of the small genin entering the forest. Of course she was with Ryu, whom is a Jounin, but she was still at risk, yet she still went into the woods as if there was nothing to it. With that in mind Sosu stood straight and looked forward staring back at the abyss, wondering if anything was staring back at him.

As the other two teammates left Sosu alone, it became quite lonely and he felt like he needed a friend to help quell his fears of the unknown. Quickly he created a summoning circle and out poofed his good friend Daiki. His burly body, his spears, and his personality kept Sosu company as the two of them waited for the Lightning Country shinobi. It was not normal for Sosu to befriend such a person but it was for a special cause he figured. Plus, he wasn’t so sure that he could beat the man he was teamed up with.

”When are we going to head into the woods Sosu? This is starting to get a little weird and spooky. I say we wait a couple more minutes? If he doesn’t show we go in?” Daiki stated as Sosu looked, waiting for his partner.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
merdle
Fusion Admin

As Sosu stood and waited, footsteps came out of the forest. Considering how guarded the the forest edge was, that was reason for alarm. Until, Sosu looked and saw what was coming out. It was a thin person, shorter than Sosu, wearing the typical 'miko' clothing that Sosu had seen so often since coming to the mountain.

The person was wearing a mask, white and simple with lines for the mouth and eyes. They walked forward, not moving to attack. When they got close enough to hear, they called out to Sosu while their mask was still on.

"Are you Sosu? The sand shinobi? I have a message from your partner."

It was a male voice, though young. He loosened the mask and took it off, his dull blue eyes the only real striking feature he had. There was little emotion on his face, his eyes went to the summon without reaction, then back to Sosu. He didn't have much more to say without confirmation on who he was talking to.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

First Daiki growled into the forest, his deep but nearly silent growl echoed the bones of Sosu as he looked into the menacing black woods in front of him. He was alone with his summon, his two other teammates had left and he had yet to see his other partner. It worried Sosu because of what could come out of those woods. However, he also thought about how close he was to the retreat of Miko, and would something dare to leave the woods to attack Sosu? It was a strange feeling to have but none the less, Sosu prepared for an attack at any moment.

A shadow started to form and out from the woods a small figure emerged. A miko mask with miko clothing covered the mans identity until they spoke. No taller then the short teen Sosu was surprised at their approach and appearance. Then words started to come out of the miko’s mouth and they seemed to worry Sosu more so then he had realized.

”I am Sosu from Sunagakure. What do you mean you have a message from my partner?” Sosu stated as he continued to be on his guard. He let up his defense a little just to make sure he could at least get some kind of answers.

Sosu wanted to ask how the mysterious miko could have a message from someone coming from atop the mountain, when clearly this mysterious person was coming from within the woods. Sosu had learned not only from passed experiences but also from the priests that there were a lot of monsters in the woods. However, this person didn’t fit a description that he was given previously. Sosu could only hope that nothing wrong comes from this, at least he had his dog summon. He wasn’t completely alone.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
merdle
Fusion Admin

He nodded at Sosu's question.

"Your partner, I believe his name was Sento?"

He turned back toward the forest, pointed toward it, and nodded again.

"I guess he wasn't as patient as you. I found him heading in, and tried to convince him to turn around. He asked me to find you and let you know where he is. I can lead the way, if you wish."

Last edited by merdle; 07-20-2018 at 11:10 PM..
Old 07-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu was confused with the situation that was happening in front of him. This mysterious Miko was someone that Sosu could not trust and to be totally honest, he was not willing to trust his life with this person. He was confused why someone, even a Jounin would go into the woods by himself when everyone was told that it was dangerous to enter alone.

However, Sosu was strong, he was determined, and he didn’t want the person to know that he did not trust him. So with that Sosu followed the man. A feeling of the unknown washed over him, at least he had his dog.

”Sure, you lead the way. I still wonder why he would go in there alone. I worry about that. Why you think he went on ahead? So, what is your name? I hope you don’t mind I am a little uneasy about all this.” Sosu stated, trying to find some answers.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
merdle
Fusion Admin

"I don't pretend to know the ways of shinobi," The miko said as he turned around and started to walk back into the forest, "My job is to patrol the boundary, to be invisible to the creatures that lurk here and hopefully go unnoticed as they move. But even I am aware of your meetings with the Grand Oracle, and your mission. So I am trying to do my part."

The forest was slow to change. At first it was just eerie, with the sounds of animals becoming odd and distorted. It was as if animals were being mocked, birds warbling for too long, rodents scurrying nonstop. Nothing was quite as it should be.

"You can call me Fuku," He said as he walked with the mask behind his back, "It is an honor to meet you."

It didn't take long though for the forest to turn black. The wood, black, the soil black. It was odd, there was still light to see, the sun still came in from the edge of the forest, and small breaks in the branches. The trees themselves were corrupted, their skin the blackest black.

"The corruption becomes strong here, but the miasma isn't at its thickest yet, so we are still mostly safe," Fuku said.

Daiki's fur stood on end, just before a sharp howl rang out among the trees. It was like a wolf's howl, but too strong, too angry, and then it was followed by a few friends. There was something in the wood, and it was close.

Fuku stopped, and started putting on his mask.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #7
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

There was a feeling of dread that washed over the area as the three individuals continued their walk through the woods. It was awkward to say the least, Sosu and his dog were all alone with this mysterious man and he had no idea what was really going on, other then what he was told by the Grand Oracle and some other priests upon the mountain. However, he was ready for anything and he knew that the first thing that came at them from within the woods would be his prey.

Slowly, as they moved, the forest became thicker in the air and darker in the sight. There was no doubt that monsters lurked in the shadows and Sosu was worried that his teammate might have fell to a beast within the woods. None the less, Sosu was there and now. Listening to Fuku speak gave him some insight and saying they were mostly safe also helped him to relax. However ,as a howl rang throughout the trees and Fuku donned his mask, Sosu could only ask.

"What the hell was that?"
Old 12-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

"Are you alright, Sento-niisan?"

The hallucinations were few and far between, but they were always vivid when his swords decided they had something to say. Some people merely thought it was a coping mechanism for the horrors that Sento had endured in his life. Some people thought the one-eyed shinobi had snapped and it was just a matter of time before his descent into madness caused him to hit rock bottom.

There was also the chance that what he heard was real.

To Sento's one good eye, Ryuugamaru appeared as a young boy with red hair and similarly hued eyes, wearing a white robe with sleeves too big for his arms. He had a genuinely concerned look on his face as he crouched next to Sento atop a large tree branch, surveying the area before them.

"This place feels wrong."

Sento merely grunted in response. He'd gone on ahead, not out of impatience, but to give himself time to assess the situation. The air felt dark and oppressive. It reminded him of Majinken's aura, but magnified and in a higher concentration. It was the kind of thing even someone who couldn't understand what the feeling was would interpret as a sign to turn right back around.

Still, Sento could feel the rhythm of the forest, the faint feeling of the true nature of this darkened hellscape that was being masked by his eyes and ears. He wasn't so certain that anything he did would fix it... but he certainly was going to try. There was no turning back now.

The sharp howl that followed pierced the air, cutting through the uneasy stillness of the forest and leaving the promise of chaos in its wake. Before he realized it, Ryuugamaru was drawn, split in two and held in either hand. Ryuugamaru's image put a hand on Sento's shoulder and gave him a warm smile before fading into nothing.

It wouldn't be long before the one called Sosu caught up. His best bet, he decided, was to wait.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
Old 12-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
merdle
Fusion Admin

When Sosu went to ask the question to Fuku, the young man was gone. There was no trace of him where he had once stood, not even footprints where he once was. The sound of the howling picked up though, further along in the forest, up ahead. It didn't seem like they were going to converge on Sosu's position at all.

His summon could smell it. They were like wolves, but their smell wasn't right at all. It was spoiled, like rancid meat over a wolf's flesh. Not strong enough over the distance for a human to catch it, but easy enough for a dog summon.

--

Meanwhile at Sento. The forest's darkness was all around him. It seemed like at this point, it was sweeping in closer. A dark wave of it, like a fog that pushed in from out of nowhere. It was like specks of ash in the air, but lighter even than that, and it had no scent to it. Instead, it was just, heavy on the lungs. Breathing it in felt almost like drinking air.

Then he saw it. It was a wolf was standing beside one of the black trees, but the only thing visible was the black shadow it extended across the ground. Then there was another shadow to the left of it, another to the right, and a fourth. Then a long bodied wolf rose out from the shadow. The face on it wasn't right, like it was too still. It slobbered long strands of miscolored drool. The others joined it, rising out of their shadows, circling around Sento.

He could hear them, three more were rising up behind him as well.

They all started to growl loudly, in unison, their eyes glowing solid white.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu wouldn't be the man that he was today if it wasn't for a little bit of fun and risk. He liked the idea that the boy dissipated into thin air before he himself could realize it. It was an interesting piece of land that was surrounded by an interesting piece of supernatural mist. To Sosu this was going to be a fun night.

"I can smell something rancid Sosu, in the direction of the sound." Daiki stated as his nose pointed towards a specific direction of the woods.

"I guess that is the way we go then. There isn't really anything else telling us otherwise. Besides, maybe we can become the heroes of this story." Sosu stated as he headed towards the pointed direction. Daiki obviously very hesitant.

Soon enough Sosu could see a person. There tall stature and obvious human feature gave Sosu relief but he stood there for a moment, not sure whether or not the man was real.Near by the howling caught his attention and there stood three monster wolves. It was at that moment he knew the man needed help.

Sosu ran towards his comrade.

"Nice to finally meet." He said with a smile as he readied himself