iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #11
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Ishuro-san!?

A humbled hand declined the cigarette offer, muttering oh, thank you, I quit awhile ago until his ears perked to the man’s name. While in mid drink—well, he took a shot of sake and poured another—he almost choked on the liquor, eyes growing with knowledge as a mental connection was made. He wasn’t trying to make a scene, Hitoko was just eccentric, and the reaction was genuine, so he didn’t care much for how it came off. It was quite the opposite for the Sennin, for Ishuro’s face meant nothing to him, but the name?

Meinaka Ishuro-san!?

The name stirred up a rather recent memory.

What a small world,” The Renchishin burst into joyful laughter at the coincidence, “So you are the shinobi of Amegakure that Hideki-sama spoke of.

The Sage known as Shudoujin Hideki, once called the Keeper of the Lore and father to Minoru, an apostle to the deity of the recently dismantled Suna no Soushoku. Upon his conquest to sever the connection between a God and mortal, the dragon spoke with the elder sage who’d mentioned Ishuro in passing—this memory stuck. Although he didn’t want to get into too much detail, because amidst the company around it would’ve sounded like the pair was speaking in code, the Renchishin continued with quaint and concise answers:

Thank you,” He bowed his head in acknowledgement, like a martial artist would do towards a peer, “You should know, then, they’ve been dealt with.

Kijo Saigowan. The Twins. Minoru. And, of course:

Assate is no more.

They should’ve called him Hitoko the God Slayer.

But it was a bit eerie how nonchalant the sentence came together. Ruby hued pupils glimmered like ominous gemstones as he took another shot and poured another cup of sake in two elegant motions. Releasing an oblivious sigh as he appreciated the flavor, Hitoko sweep a hand before his face, pointing an enthusiastic pinky toward the new scars upon his face. They were visual proof of one of the most significant confrontations of his life.

Sorry, sorry, I’m being rude.

Hitoko shifted his shoulders to open the conversation more to Kiyoko, leaning back against the stone walkway of the onsen before sinking into the water once more. His face became plump in contentment, eyes becoming two mischievous slits as tension left his body.

Kiyoko-dono is more recognizable than me though,” He smiled again, “She’s rather talented and very skilled. If there is anyone in the shinobi world I can count on, or even ask to battle alongside, she would always be my top pick. She has my vote of confidence, always.

Hitoko’s skin was more radiant with each drink. And speaking of which, he looked from Ishuro, to Kiyoko, and then noticed the many other shinobi who were entering one by one. It was kind of curious, first it was just him by himself, and now he had so many people to talk to and drink with. So, like the courteous man he was, he nodded toward the bucket of cups and sake floating on the spring:

Drink?

He offered, to those he was in conversation with, but also to those who were near.
Hitoko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #12
Jami
Pretentious Douche

They better be dealt with. I did the heavy lifting before you even got involved.

Hardly diplomatic, but Ishuro rarely was. His little excursion with Assate had been time consuming, unusually difficult, and – literally – life changing. Exposure to the secrets of the priests had permanently altered his body in ways that his home village were still scrambling to keep under control. If Sand wasn't going to send him a check in the mail every month, the least they could do was build him a bronze statue for the village square, or maybe grovel at his feet.

Ishuro took another drink.

Oh, you're Kiyoko? I thought you were the other one.” His tone flat, his face stony; if he joked, he made it difficult to tell. He rolled one hand through the air. “No need to be too modest. I'm sure everyone here has seen at least one woman naked, and I imagine you must see a lot of them, even if by accident. If ever there was a good group for a mixed bath, it'd be a desensitized one.

Ishuro stretched out, arms up over his head, and rolled his shoulders back. He lay there against the edge of the pool, languid and loose. Whether through the heat of the water or the alcohol, his face had a touch of rosy pink across the bridge of his nose and over the cleft between the muscles of his chest. Ishuro still wore a dour, casual frown and his brow sagged low, but this was relaxed. This was the tiger out of the cage, but not on the prowl. His eyes drifted from one person to the next, even over to where another Leaf nin was talking to their reticent stranger. Should have gone to a bigger inn.

We're going to need more drinks.
Jami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:14 PM   #13
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Another big name in the onsen, this time from the kunoichi of the group. A Hyuuga at that which caused Sai to give a bit of pause. They were supposed to be able to see chakra, perhaps she had seen the pulses he'd sent out earlier. Or maybe he was just over thinking things. Everyone seemed to be randomly running into each other in an attempt to relax before heading back to their respective villages.

Near him, he heard the man next to him slide closer and perhaps talk to him. No, he was definitely talking to the Disciple and Sai debated on whether or not to turn his head to the man. It wasn't like he had to look at him but it would have been more polite to do that but it might actually reveal his lack of eyes.

It was all or nothing and he turned his head towards the man, nodding and letting out a quick click of the Hymn. There was an offered handshake and Sai reached out to give off a firm but calm handshake with Daisuke.

”Iamaroto Sai, from Iron I suppose you could say.” He spoke towards the man next to him but loud enough for everyone in the spring to hear. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to make at least acquaintances with these powerful shinobi. They were usually more trustworthy than the missing nin that he usually found himself interacting with.

After the handshake was broken, Sai remembered his arm cannons. Surely Daisuke felt the hole in his hand but maybe he wouldn't have paid it no mind. Perhaps the man had a few drinks before getting in the water.

”No thanks, I don't drink.”

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #14
Will of Fire
:)

Kiyoko glanced over at the Sand-nin at his unfathomable compliment of her skills. She didn’t understand how he would be so willing to heap compliments upon someone he barely knew. Sure, he seemed the cheerful, friendly sort, but she didn’t think they’d worked together quite enough for him to establish such a stellar and confident opinion. She wasn’t quite ready to express her admiration aloud, anyway. A woman was entitled to her secrets, after all.

“High praise from someone who has seen his fair share of battle. Is there a wild story behind those new scars you’re sporting?”

The Hyuuga acknowledged the Rain-nin’s little joke with a knowing nod. She had been mistaken for her cousins, in fact. The family had a… certain look about them, as had been pointed out to her many times in her life. Her expression remained neutral as ever, her tone matching in evenness. “I’m the pretty one.”

Ishuro had a point about her obvious discomfort with this particular scenario, Kiyoko knew. She shouldn’t have been so concerned with being around the other patrons, no matter the dress code (or lack thereof). She had nothing of which to be ashamed, she supposed, but modesty and manners were still incredibly strong forces in her mind. She’d always desperately tried to avoid seeing too much of people while employing byakugan, and she’d become rather adept at concentrating on faces, hands, and feet. The things that could predict someone’s next move were far more important than… other stuff.

“I’m quite comfortable, thank you,” she reassured him, still steadily gripping the closure of the towel in her hand.

Despite the awkwardness she was feeling, the warm water was serving well to help her relax and ease the knots in her shoulders. She glanced at the drink Hitoko was offering up, but she wasn’t particularly interested. She wanted to relax, but perhaps not quite that much.

Please do not request registry checks. I'll get to it soon enough.
Will of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #15
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Before I even got involved?” Hitoko roared with a full-bellied laugh, pearly white teeth shown like dragon fangs as the unexpected coarse response hit him, “Highly doubt that. But thanks for your help anyway.

The cheerful atmosphere surrounding the Sunagakure Sennin was pretty damn hard to phase. His joyous laugh was almost as bright as his smile, sort of akin to a super hero although the nature of their work was rather gruesome. Regardless, the laughter of this dark skinned man subsided—unlike his grin—as he whipped mini tears of joy swelled at the edge of his eyelids. He appreciated a good laugh and, especially considering the current trajectory of Sand, he needed it. People found their peace in different spaces.

The Renchishin had brought a hand from out of the water and snapped his fingers as if he were at a poetry slam, agreeing when Kiyoko said she was the pretty much, going as far as to add a true, true, true to the backdrop of the conversation. But speaking of background conversations,Iamaroto Sai was a name he knew, but couldn’t do anything about due to the neutrality of the city. That wasn’t Hitoko’s biggest concern at the moment though. No one other than Ishuro seemed remotely interested in drinking.

Turning his nose up as the warmth of the sake coursed through him, Hitoko shrugged, “Everyone sure? Well. All right. More for me then.

He paused a moment:

And you are absolutely right, we’ll need more drinks.

Soon. The bottle was going. Even now, Hitoko took another shot.

Oi, and yes, Kiyoko-dono,” Hitoko lifted both arms above the water and over his head, hands performing a tamed shaking motion to punctuate the syllables of his point, “It. Was. Crazy.

Another pause.

And. Also. A. Long. Story.

He knocked back two more shots and held a third. Reclining into the water, the warrior’s muscles murmured as he loosened up even more. With eyes closed, he spoke:

A story for another time... But how of you? How are your endeavors other than, well—politics?
Hitoko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
merdle
Robot Admin

As the man known as Ishuro went on, at high volume, about public nudity, Daisuke decided to chime in.

"Some of us have to look her in the eyes back home," He noted. Even though Kiyoko was still covered, he could barely look her in the eyes already. Instead he kept his head turned hard to face the man who was shaking his hands.

Which seemed like a simple action, until their hands made contact. His face went straight, and then switched to a nervous smile. Holes in his hands? He said he was from Iron, which meant so little and so much at the same time. Considering how he had his head covered, and the holes... Daisuke shook off the thought. It didn't matter, they were in Iron still.

Daisuke put his back flat against the wall of the pool, his shoulders stiff, and his eyes glued to the water in front of him. "From Iron, huh? You don't say."

Hitoko was asking about drinks again, and it made Daisuke remember his last trip to Iron. He ended up drinking with a samurai by the name of Jun'ko. Her advice had helped him a lot before he made the trip back home. The alcohol, it helped in its own way. Not a habit he needed to form, but there were only so many times he would be in Iron.

"I guess, I'll take a drink," He said with his free hand up, then scanned the group, "to relax, right?"
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #17
Will of Fire
:)

Kiyoko was rather amused at Hitoko’s immediate support of her ridiculous claim. He had a certain theatrical flair that surfaced almost instantaneously, and she couldn’t help but be entertained. They still made a good, if not odd, team.

Now she was very curious to hear the story behind those new scars adorning his face, but the Renchishin seemed a little hesitant to share. Perhaps it was the company they currently kept, or the fact that he simply didn’t want to revisit an unpleasant situation, but regardless of his reasoning, she nodded in understanding.

At Hitoko’s inquiry, the kunoichi paused. She’d been so wrapped up in the Summit and surrounding activities that she almost couldn’t remember what she’d been doing before that. She quickly began to recall, however, that she was nearly sporting new scars herself, though the story was hardly what she would consider heroic. Had it not been for a trusted medic back home, she would have been wearing the evidence of attempting to harness the power of lightning in secret.

Thinking of the medic Aburame Roku got her thinking of her closest friend, Aburame Tetsumi. Finding and helping her friend in a hopeless situation was probably the most notable thing she’d done since she’d last seen the Sand-nin. Her heart sank as she thought of her fellow kunoichi, and the identity crisis she must have been going through this entire time without her kikai.

“I can’t claim anything so exciting. Just helping out an old friend and handling various other tasks I’m assigned to accomplish.”

Kiyoko’s pale gaze shifted in the direction of her fellow Leaf-nin. He was making a concerted effort to avoid looking at her, for which she was actually somewhat grateful. It was somehow comforting to know that someone else here was even more uncomfortable than she was.

Her eyebrow lifted ever so slightly at the other man’s claim to Iron. If he wasn’t a shinobi, he was trained. He seemed both comfortable and terribly aware of those around him, though he didn’t say or move much. Kiyoko supposed that it didn’t matter, but she got the feeling that there was more to his story than he was willing to admit.

She suspected that it was probably for the best.

Please do not request registry checks. I'll get to it soon enough.
Will of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #18
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

It seemed like everyone knew everyone else with the exception of Sai. That in itself was both a blessing and a curse. As far as relaxing in this spring, it was hard when it was pretty packed with no one to talk to but at the same time there were no glares in his direction, not that he'd be able to notice. They were in Iron though, it should be fine to divulge a bit more information but the Senshi would have to be careful of what to say.

”Iron is the easiest thing to say. Never really settled in one place for too long.”

Sai could feel a bit of sweat beading on his brow, no doubt from wearing the towel as he was. He was going to take a proverbial plunge and he slid the towel off of the top of his head but ensured that it still covered his neck and the sound tattoo that rested upon the skin.

This was the point where if he'd had working eyes, he'd look around to gauge the look on people's faces but since he didn't which is the reason he was a bit apprehensive about the task at all, Sai just had to listen.

”I hear Fire Country is nice though.” Sai spoke softly to the man next to him. The less attention he garnered for himself at this point the better.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote