iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #21
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Sanosuke stared at the samurai, the cocky, lackadaisical sword holding, mechanical monster of steel.

Should I simply ask for him to let me pass?

Now, do you really think that'd work, little Seijuu? Why don't you let me help you...?

You'd want that Bakuto, wouldn't you?

I'd say more than you know but I have a feeling you know exactly how much, son of Kaigen.

He gripped his katana, Jin with a fury and he stared at the mechanical man with a raised curiosity. He tilted his head, he moved it side to side and then he spat on the floor. It was foolish to think this to end any other way. Sanosuke practiced Chigatana no Kenbu but he had studied many a sword style in his pampered tents and with his expensive tutors.

Sakata-Ryu Kenjutsu had a saying, a philosophy for them, but words any swordsmen could obey.

Inhale.

He dashed towards the mechanical man, sword unsheathed and moving with the erratic steps seen within Chigatana no Kenbu's Ryuusui no ugoki. His goal was clear, his motivation and purpose needing no explanation or discernment.

Kill.

When he reached the steel samurai he launched a vicious slice to the creatures head, determined to either meet it blade for blade, or decapitate him in one motion.

Exhale

Well? You get the picture.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:27 AM   #22
merdle
Robot Admin

Sanosuke's sword sliced clean, and he managed to get to the other side okay, not a 10/10 landing, or even 5/10, but he didn't fall on his face. Instead, the metal samurai's face fell to the floor with a hard thunk, and then a shifting noise as it settled there. It stopped spinning the red eye facing in Sanosuke's direction down the hall, now behind the metal samurai.

The samurai brought the sword on its shoulder down and then turned around with an uncanny speed. It pulled the small knife at the waist and slashed out with that as it brought the sword down from above at the same time, creating a cross slash where Sanosuke now stood.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Kuma's knee struck the kendobot before it could even manage to adjust in response to the rapidly approaching Sound-nin. The chest of it was blasted in, and it was sent flying across the room and into the closest wall. The arm on it wobbled up, trying to target Kuma again.

The larger one didn't respond to the caved in chest cavity of its mate, instead it pulled back the cleaver-length blade it had and charged forward with a wide swing of the weapon, crossed down to crash into the mat of the floor even if the blow misses.

The currently half-crushed into the wall bot was still trying to aim for another round of projectiles, lazily following the sped up Kuma.

Last edited by merdle; 01-12-2019 at 12:25 AM..
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #23
kyzuko
in lame man terms

The crunch of the automaton as his knee made impact was oddly unsatisfying. It was nothing as satisfying as the wet crunch and crumple of a flesh-and-blood opponent. There was no shocked spattering of blood, no absorption of the blow against the muscle and fat and bone and fluid. It was a hollow crunch and an inanimate recoil. Now, the crumpled, automated enemy was some feet away, against the wall, arm still trying to move.

Interrupting his dissatisfied musings, Kuma was not blind to the approach of the larger foe, his massive blade readied to cleave through the senshi, the floor, and the very earth if he could. And, feeling the aftermath of the previous technique in his limbs, the man felt the sluggishness, aware that he was at a disadvantage as far as speed went. If the bastard was smaller and the blade smaller, then the bunraku saw a way to turn this to his favor. But, with the sluggishness of himself and the size, speed, and power of the oncoming enemy, he had to think of something fast.

As the distance closed, Kuma stared into the lifeless eyes of the giant swordsman, equally unflinching. If there was any sentience or consciousness in there, he would have had a quip. A cocky smirk and something to really egg them on to savor their hit. But this thing wasn’t alive. It was animated, but it was not alive. Cutting words would be wasted. Those would be saved for the controller when Kuma ripped their fingers from their hands later. And there would be a later, because this was certainly going to hurt Hidden Sound’s infamous brawler.

As the sword swung down, what Kuma gave instead was the wicked, scarred smile that was often hid beneath the featureless bunraku mask when he was “at work”. Broad, teeth clenched and seething with equal parts hate and glee, and wide, crinkling the scarred lines extending from each corner of his mouth, it was not meant for anyone since it would still be wasted on his enemy. It was just reflex. His hands reached up to meet the blade, his training and not-insignificant strength intending to nullify the momentum behind the massive blade by clapping his massive, gnarled hands on each side of the blade. This was one of the greatest secrets of the vortex fist school of martial arts: douryou shousan.

But, the sluggishness made sure Kuma was going to pay for it. Hands clapped on each side of the blade and, between muscle and this training in momentum, the senshi stopped the blade. But not before he felt the blade cut into the joint of his left thumb. The incredible tension of his clenched muscles made the blood squirt from the wound and against the blade like something out of a film as the finger came off save for a tendon, hanging fruitlessly before his eyes.

But the blade was stopped. The blow was neutralized. ”My turn!” He didn’t need the thumb anymore. This sword was his now and, for all intents and purposes, so was the automated enemy. Kadou-ken was not Hasami Kuma’s only training. It wasn’t even his most famous school. Most knew him much more for his training in Chou Jin Genkotsu—the Decaying Fist. And now, his blood flowing, chakra cemented the blade to the bleeding hand, giving a satisfactory point of contact to rip the blade from the giant. Whether the big metal bastard went with it or not was of no matter to the Bunraku. Either the captured blade or the bot were going to be the end of the crumpled foe trying to make one last attempt at an attack.

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//
kyzuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:27 AM   #24
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Good hit Princeling!

No...something is wrong, Bakuto.

How do you know?

I know I'm not a good enough swordsman to have finished it this quickly...

I'm exceptionally self aware.

He stumbled and tumbled, turning quickly 180 degrees to face the metal warrior. His adrenaline was pumping with the familiar heat of battle and his mind raced with a familiar quickness. Sanosuke was a planner, a strategist and he was wiser than his years in that regard. A tactical shinobi who planned for every contingency when possible.

Almost like a sixth sense or better yet an overwhelming paranoia Sanosuke was moving his blade to block the robot samurai's blow, raising it vertically and spinning it in a parry, trying to use the robot's own strength against him.

He also spun after the parry, for he knew, just as he knew his blow had not been the final one that the robot would not settle for just striking with one of his weapons. The dagger cut across his rib cage with a sharp and powerful hiss and it was his own blood that awakened him even further and forced instinct and fear to take hold in his heart. His mind still raced and desperation now accompanied the deliberation. Sanosuke sought to get to the metal man's flank and he felt like he wanted to strike with a burst of speed towards...

Now Bakuto!

No need to tell me twice!

He tried to slice now at the robot's legs, to end his mobility or at least force it airborn or one leg where the speed differential that he discerned in that one blow would be negated.

He hoped. He didn't need to defeat the metal swordsmen, just neutralize him and move forward with the mission.

OOC:

Tactician Archetype special used to facilitate the dodge and counter.

Full Pact activated, Sanosuke's speed is level 4.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:54 AM   #25
merdle
Robot Admin

As Kuma tried to yank the giant blade, the monster attached to it seemed unwilling to let go of it. The giant metallic hand attached to it clamped down, and the eye on the large enemy seemed to glow red with the effort. Which made it all the more surprising when Kuma's sizeable strength lifted the blade and the whole thing attached to it. With his might he shifted the hilt toward the one stuck in the wall in time for it to finally decide to fire.

The projectiles went into the back of its giant partner. Then the two automatons were smashed into one another in a large clash of metal and wood. The house trembled with the impact, and then the sound faded. All that was left was struggling from the giant opponent that he had just finished tossing, its other arm reaching out as if to try to reach Kuma. It couldn't get itself out of the wall, but then again it didn't seem to make the best effort at it. Instead of making the smart move and trying to leverage itself out, it just weakly grasped at the air in front of it.

Without active enemies, Kuma could hear the music coming from upstairs again.

While the dagger managed to hit Sanosuke, the hiyoitori used it as motivation, and pushed forward. The false samurai in front of him was fast, but that didn't stop Sanosuke from using the powers of the Seijuu to give himself the advantage he needed. He rushed past the blow that had landed, and struck from behind.

The enemy didn't stand still and wait. It started to move, but while it tried to turn to meet the blow, it didn't seem completely sure where Sanosuke was. It lifted its closer leg a little before Sanosuke's strike took the closer leg clean off with a strike.

The samurai started to fall backwards. It took the katana it had and jabbed it into the floor enough to prop it up before it fell flat on the floor, and then the dagger in its other hand started to slash wildly in Sanosuke's direction. The attack wasn't as precise as before, it almost seemed panicked. That didn't stop it from being a flurry of slashes in his general direction, especially considering its arm didn't have to worry about the limits of a human beings.

The music flowing through the building almost seemed louder, and a little frantic, frayed.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote