iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #21
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Certain enthusiastic cheerers seemed to scream out louder than the rest with calls of “what the hell even just happened” and “fight to the death!”. For all her earlier energy Muneshige seemed quite content just to applaud and smile. “But really,” she whispered over to her comrades. “We all agree that was a total fluke, right?”

Noboru on the other hand felt a mixture of elation and anxiety as he began scooping his cards together for game three. Rolo used to exist on the dreaded banlist prior to that tournament (for reasons best left unsaid), which was completely unfair since she’d played a pivotal role in deciding the fate of the Watermleon War arc…but those novels weren’t technically recognized Onmyodo canon, just like how technically you couldn’t see Rolo’s- “Good game!” Noboru squeaked, realizing he’d completely forgotten to be a good sport. “It’s not- you know, it’s like-“ He nervously shuffled his cards while trying to find some rejoinder to Kagero’s ribbing. He settled for an accepting shrug. “I can't abandon my friends, you know? I gotta play with them, for better or worse.” Unsaid, but repeating loudly in his head was 'Never be ashamed of who you are.', but now didn't seem the time or place to start dropping quotes.

“Alright alright alright, ladies and gentlemen!”
the tuxedoed MC seemed relieved that at last a game ended with an acceptable amount of excitement. “Get yourselves seated, finish up the last of your refreshments, and hold on tight! Let’s get ready for the match decider! Thous- Hundr- Lots of fans are ready for the thrilling, pulse-pounding finish to a rollercoaster ride of a tournament! Let’s get ready toooooo…”

Twenty minutes later, standing in the dwindling light of a setting sun outside the venue, the four brigadiers somberly munched on ice cream.

“Cheer up, kiddo. Isn't this the best you've ever done at one of these things?”
Ryo tried again to lift the downcast Noboru's spirits. “Anyone could have made that mistake.”

“I wouldn’t have.”
Muneshige crunched away at her waffle cone. “Miss Bighuge over here wouldn’t have either and she's a total novice. It was a pretty obvious play he mucked up.”

“Yeah, well, you know,”
Ryo grumbled and turned his attention to Coal Country’s advanced street lights, which were clicking on one by one. “It's okay to let nerves get to you sometimes. Life is long. You’ll get over it.”

“Also not true.” Having finished her snack almost immediately after acquiring it Inabune busied herself picking her teeth with a knife. “You could die very young. Remember that girl in Kaze no Kuni we failed to-“ Ryo responded with a series of agitated, unintelligible grunts to counter the argument. Noboru sighed and allowed himself a weak smile. “It’s cool, guys. I’m just glad you all enjoyed it.”

“Take this opportunity to look within yourself, young samurai!”
Muneshige’s tone seemed to imply a big, inspiring speech was coming on. “Gather your focus, gaze inwards, and let us step forth with renewed- oh, hey, look, fireworks!" Somewhere off on the darkening horizon the telltale boom followed by colorful lights signaled the start of a show. "Boy, those things are real neato, aren't they?”
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote