iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #21
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

From a distant perspective, everything happened in a matter of seconds. Sento charged forward after his kick, only to skid to a halt as two nasty-looking scythes of chakra came streaming toward him. There was a brief glint as an electrical barrier sprang up in front of him, followed by a devastating impact and the sound of shattering glass twice over. Smoke from the resulting energy filled the air, obscuring Sento’s form from view.

The reality wasn’t quite so simple.

The first impact tore through the barrier and struck his crossed blades. Instantly his arms went numb and he grimaced, forcing another to replace it. It was equally as ineffective and found himself flat on his back, his chest on fire. He bit back a cry of pain as he rolled over onto his side. His free hand rose to his chest, Ryuugamaru’s blades having fallen somewhere within the cloud. Majinken lay underneath him, not far from a pool of his own blood. The second swing was far worse than the first, tearing into his rib cage. Instinctively, Sento reached for Tsugunai.

I've got you. Focus on breathing.

That was easy for Tsugunai to say. The moment he tried, he coughed up more blood. Sheer stubbornness forced the jounin to his feet as the bandages surrounding Tsugunai wrapped themselves around his torso. He groaned despite himself as they tighened around him, slowing the bleeding. If he could feel this with the Pain Gate open, when they closed…

He couldn’t be sure what Sosu was doing. It took every bit of his concentration just not to be instantly killed, and even that was proving to be futile. Part of him wished the kid had the sense to run. He didn’t much like the idea of dying with an audience.

I can’t hold this forever, Sento. You have to-

I know.

With the Sword of Redemption in his right, he reached out and drew Majinken into his left hand, drawn by the beacon he’d placed earlier. He wedged the hilt between his teeth and grabbed for one of Ryuugamaru’s blades. Everything felt heavier, including every step he took. Even the miasma itself was starting to become more noticable.

“Kei-mon… kai.”

The sky itself seemed to respond, and a broad lightning bolt streamed from the heavens, blowing away the smoke cloud as Sento’s View Gate blew wide open. The force of it alone shook the ground, filling the air with a deafening thunder. Sento’s entire body was almost completely white, and his eyepatch was burned away by the intensity of his chakra, leaving two brilliant blue sockets where his eyes should have been.

There certainly was no turning back now,

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #22
merdle
Fusion Admin

After his attack on Sento, Ken's blades shifted again. In a blink of light they became a pair of single-bladed broadswords. Their hilts were made of onyx, semi-circles that protected the ronin's hands. The blades seemed identical, but also like they could meld together to form a single weapon if necessary.

He didn't have much time to think. Sosu started his approach, and was quite fast even if his technique didn't have the desired effect on the ronin. It didn't save the man from Sosu's aggressive strike. When Sosu made the motion for his attack, Ken had a retaliation in mind. The sand came up, and just as fast the blades came down and smashed through the rising wave of sand.

The short-swords sliced away at the chakra, creating a wave of pure dust as the incoming attack was swept aside like so much pointless dirt.

In the large V created by his devastating slash, Ken's face was a manic grin. Then the sand from Sosu's attack rained down on Ken, seemingly harmless. Until the small Sosu's made of parasitic sand began their work, small three inch tall sand-nin stabbing between his leftover armor and cutting at the flesh at his neck and face.

"Fiendish!" Ken said as he stepped back and started to toss or cut away at the little Sosu. His grimaces and clenched teeth were clear signs of pain, his face painted with streams of his own blood. It only made his smile bigger.

"You'll have to do better, shinobi!" Ken called out as he stamped out another sand-clone.

Then there was the crack of thunder from Sento opening his gates.

"Oh good, then the odds are still even."

merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #23
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The attack was good enough for Sosu, and even though it wasnt enough to defeat his foe; he felt it was enough to create an opening. There wasnt a lot that Sosu wanted to do in the moment and with a simple idea the birds began to chirp. At first it was a few, then a hundred, and then finally a thousand. Within the hand of Sosu grew a power not known to many but it was within the grasp of the ronin he was facing. The birds continued to chirp as his attack went forward. Although his body was solid; his speed allowed for something that was other wordly.

Hopefully, with the distraction Sento gave, it was enough for Sosu to land a killing blow. His chidori aimed directly at the chest of the scarlet ronin.

Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #24
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

For several moments, Sento said nothing. Instead, he sheathed Majinken and, after retrieving its twin, Ryuugamaru as well, leaving him armed with only the single, worn katana that was Tsugunai. The glow around the blade was a faint bluish-white, barely perceptible but definitely there if one looked long enough. In his head, everything was both heightened and hollow; his own ragged breathing and every word carried and ominous echo. Without looking at Sosu, he knew what he was doing, and none of it was headed in the direction of the shine.

He sighed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Years Ago...
"I know you hate squads. And I get it. After what happened at Kyoma..."

"And Hima. And Soren's Rock incident. I could continue..." Sento's eye narrowed at the first name, and Nagai continued undaunted.

"You can't keep this lone wolf act up forever. You'll die like that, and what kind of person would that make me if I let you?"

"So what do you want me to do?" The jounin gestured at the Denryuu, exasperated with the entire situation. "'m not a babysitter. You keep giving me these broken, undisciplined kids! And these kids are just..."

"They're not trained the way you or I were, no. So who do you think can fix hat?"

"You're asking a lot."

"I'm asking because I know you can. And if you feel this generation needs some guidance, well..."
Fucking hell.

"Hey, kid! There's more at stake here than some loud-mouthed samurai! Don't forget why we're here in the first place!"

Sento's stance lowered and the glow in his otherwise vacant eye intensified. He held Tsugunai close to his body as if it were sheathed, in a position for a quick draw. His body still felt as if it were fighting him, and he needed time. Luckily Sosu was providing another target, but he was certain that wouldn't last. He had three minutes at the most, five if he really pushed it, making his current plan of action a truly desperate one.

He didn't have much choice.

"Nagare Kasoku... Hyaku Ren." He didn't move until Sosu was clear, but when he did, it was astonishingly fast given his physical condition, leaving nothing but a small indentation in the blood-soaked ground where he pushed of. His stance was still low as he darted within a few feet of Ken. He looked the demon swordsman squarely in the eyes as he slashed at Ken, fully expecting a block. The moment their swords met, Ozawa Sento was gone.

His entire form became a signle mass of energy and he passed right through Ken, already swinging for the fences. when he reappeared behnd the swordsman. The bandage-clad sword was in his teeth and he drew Ryugamaru with a violent turn of his body, filling the air with a cacophonous roar as his wide swing threatened to cleave anything and everything in its path in two. The X-shaped slash carried an immense amount of electrical energy with it, all but burning the very air with its intensity.

Master RP Thread
Old 05-31-2019, 07:25 PM   #25
merdle
Fusion Admin

OOC: Talk about a hard post to make. Not a lot of room here for me to actually post words, lol.

Ken's head cocked back to Sosu as the light of Chidori began to match the lit up figure of Sento. Ken listened to the birds, flourishing his two katana as the sand-nin charged his attack. There was no hiding an incoming chidori, even under the lightning and thunder of someone with many gates open. Ken didn't seem phased, instead he was ecstatic, a laugh leaving his lips.

"DO IT! BRING IT ON!" Ken yelled, his eyes wide and teeth bared. The scars and blood across his body, "I'M READY!"

Sosu's attack was fast, charged in at the blink of an eye. It wasn't an attack a samurai would be so familiar with, but Ken wasn't just any samurai. The start of the approach was all he needed to see. He brought his katana forward, protruding it so that any strike to his body meant impaling yourself on the blade. The water on the blades spread itself out, giving the blade a jagged edge, ready to make the stab especially gruesome and hold the katana in place after it was lodged in.

Of course, this did nothing to protect from the Chidori to the chest, his armor would do nothing to stop the intense attack, and he would be pierced through. Which meant in turn, he had no way to defend against Sento's strike that would follow. He wouldn't be able to put up more than a feeble block from his off-hand. If Sosu went through with his attack, this was the end of the Red Ronin.

OOC: Pretty much, if Sosu takes the hit, he will hit with Chidori. I'll do another post after your post Cayuga.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #26
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The silence of the forest seemed to overcome the bird chirping. The attack had ended and it was a gruesome sight. In one end there was a finger pierced in the body of the scarlet ronin. Black crimson gooey blood dropped and sludges off the hand of the young chuunin. Sosu was covered in blood.

On the other end was a blade lodge within the body of Sosu; however there was no bleeding. There was no doubt the blade had made its mark just like the chidori, however, the muscles and skin around the blade clench so tight it stopped the blade from not only moving forward, but also stopping the bleeding.

A large face of discomfort on Sosu wrapped around his demeanor. However, Sosu felt the killing blow on the ronin.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #27
merdle
Fusion Admin

When the chidori struck, the red ronin let out a harsh grunt of pain and staggered back. A drop of blood came to his lip, and then his grimace became a toothy grin. The moment didn't last long, but there was a definite sense of satisfaction, a finality.

He pulled himself free, blood oozing from the hole the chidori left in him. He whispered, "Finally..."

Then Sento's attack followed, the Cloud jounin rushing in like a bolt of lightning. Ken lifted a weak arm to block the blow, but Sento slashed clean through the man. Ken fell to the ground, oozing black from every possible surface. His eyes watched the sky above their battlefield, a solid black abyss, and he struggled to smile.

No sooner than the man fell to the ground, Fuku could be seen walking up to the battleground. He was dressed differently now, his outfit a darker hakama and jacket more reminiscent of a samurai. His jacket had a mon on the breast that matched the pair on the front of Ken's armor, one of those mon was now crushed from the hole Sosu's chidori made.

"I'm surprised," Fuku said, "You actually did it. I was afraid he would add a few more swords to this forsaken graveyard."

Despite the heavy feeling of the miasma, there was a sense of peace at the scene. Fuku approached the slowly dying ronin, and kneeled beside him. There was something else different about the young man. He wasn't fully there, or didn't seem to be. He had an ethereal glow to him, and if one looked close enough, you could see through him to the other side.

Fuku put a hand on Ken's head, "Rest now, sensei. You're free."

Fuku looked between Sento and Sosu, "If you have the strength, you should destroy the shrine. End this."
Old 06-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Finally, he understood.

He knew what Ken wanted. Sento had suspected the reason why and the nature of his request to die. Fuku's arrival and appearance confirmed his suspicions. As he reunited and sheathed Ryuugamaru, he wanted to be annoyed at Fuku for not explaining before they ever got there... but then again, Sento wasn't sure if he could have.

The electrical force of the open Gates still surged through the jounin as he looked out at the battlefield. The scattered blades, the dirt soaked with the blood and stories of long-forgotten men and the very souls of the weapons they wielded... He hadn't allowed himself to consider how incredibly tragic that was. And to be stuck in a place where there was no conclusion or release...

He definitely understood.

Turning from the fallen samurai, Sento set his sights on the shrine, his right hand already on Ryuugamaru again. In an instant he vanished, reapearing and disappearing several times as his momentum built, until he was in front of the shrine again... unleashing a wave of cutting force from Ryuugamaru, both sword still fused together. The reddish-gold burst sliced cleanly through the building and, at first, seemed to have very little effect. It took a second before gravity took hold and the entire top half of the structure shifted along the diagonal line where Sento's strike passed through. It collapsed in on itself, its more flammable parts going up in a vertical blaze.

"...he asked me to make sure people remembered him." Sento glanced back at Fuku, the light from the Celestial Gates starting to decrease in its intensity. "Be sure to tell him I keep my promises."

Fatigue came quickly as the danger passed and the adrenaline wore off. His whole body felt heavy and afterward, he wouldn't remember having passed out.

Master RP Thread

Last edited by GranspearZX; 06-12-2019 at 07:36 PM..
Old 06-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #29
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The pain from the blade felt real and it felt like the only thing that mattered to Sosu at that moment. However, the pain was only in the mind of the young warrior and due to his muscular figure, there was no doubt that nothing vital was harmed. However, as he pulled out the blade from his body he felt the rush of adrenaline that would only be accompanied by something that would be fatal. Luckily, the boy was a savant in the skill of muscle fluidity and there was a minimal amount of damage done compared to an individual that was indeed a novice.

Just as the ronin fell Fuku emerged again and explained his blight. There was no doubt in Sosu’s mind that he felt some sort of pity. Luckily, there was now a release as the shrine was decimated by his partner. The spark of his power was now fading.

I think we need some sort of vacation after this”