iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
Wess
General Moderator

Default Honekaigi Kasumi

Honekaigi Kasumi

Female ~ 16 ~ 5'2" ~ Hiyoutori ~ Otogakure ~ SAM-C (Junior Officer) ~ Path of Rituals

Physical Description: An eerie beauty dominates Kasumi’s presence, almost as if she’s some kind of phantom entrapped in the wrong realm.

Like many Honekaigi, the young woman almost seems too frail to be a shinobi. She’s short in stature with the build of a waif, with long white hair that trails down to her midback. Time away from the Naga has done her well, though, evident by how the sun has begun to give her otherwise porcelain skin enough pigment to be regarded as fair. Still, despite her distance from the Naga, their experiments still plague her body. Behind a delicate set of lips sit sharpened teeth, and on her right ear is an intricate, double helix tattoo with strange runes set into it in order to help identify her.

Experimentation aside, Kasumi does possess a demure nature and a rather uncanny ability to go unnoticed. Her eyes shine a bright, cerulean blue, and the girl possesses a lithe, wiry muscle about her frame. Her voice is airy, almost as if she’s speaking directly from her lungs.

Clothing: Kasumi cares little for clothing, but more often than not, she prefers to be modest. She usually wears dark colors, most notably blacks and purples, and can often be seen donned in their varying hues. Typically, she wears some type of robe, most often a kimono when casual, though when around the Honekaigi’s clan grounds, she often dons a jinbei. When out on a mission, Kasumi will dress accordingly, but she prefers a stereotypical black body suit in the event of there being no required dress. Oftentimes, the bodysuit takes the form of a sleeveless gi in order to properly show her eighth note tattoo. When forced to fight taijutsu users, Kasumi often sprouts a birdlike skeletal armor about her in order to further aid with her defense.

Personality: Kasumi’s personality is rendered through an interesting dichotomy; to put it plainly, she is an attention seeking introvert. She was not only physically scarred by the Naga, but emotionally as well. Kasumi had little human contact for years, and it was all that she could do during that time to not lose her mind. When she was finally freed from her captors through their own error, Kasumi found her place amongst the Bone Council. After finding her niche with them, she sought to please them however she could; she desired their praise, and above all, the love that she had lost when her parents sold her.

In order to please the elders, she taught herself about the history that they had recorded. All of the reading made her logic driven and a critical analyst, though it did little to help with her timidity. Torture by Naga left her shy and reclusive; more often than not, she has very little to say. Instead, she seeks validation through her actions, whether that be as an agent of Otogakure, a member of the Bone Council, or a life-saving medic.

Life as a shinobi has helped her, though. Deep down, she’s overcome by anger and channels her aggression through the subjugation of her new village’s enemies. The coalescence of demonic chakra living inside her does little to help with her aggression; while the Kasumi and Tsubasa are on okay terms, the demon wants nothing more than to invoke pain and destruction. It desires bloodshed above all, and often encourages Kasumi to further extract her revenge on the Naga.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Statistics

Unleashed x Healer: +1 Power, +1 Control, +2 Reserves, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Speed, -1 Stamina, -1 Willpower
Primary: Mental, Secondary: Physical, Tertiary: Chakra
Unleashed Jinchuuriki gain 5 extra drive whenever they use a jutsu or technique, including Bijuu techniques.

Unleashed Jinchuuriki swaps and techniques count as one stage stronger for attempts to defend against them.
Once per thread, an Unleashed Jinchuuriki can scale a Jutsu one stage higher than they have access to, and do not expend a jutsu usage to do so. This gains them an additional 15 Drive.
Once per thread, an Unleashed Jinchuuriki can use a Bijuu technique as if their Bijuu's stat was one higher, for the rest of the thread their Bijuu's stats all count as one lower.

Unleashed Jinchuuriki may not lose 10 Drive when they 'Hold Back' or are 'Soothed', instead they may gain 10 drive.

Mental
Intelligence: 1 + 2 + 8 + 1(AP) = 12
Tactics: 1 + 9 = 10
Willpower: 1 - 1 + 10 + 1(AP) = 11

Physical
Strength: 1 - 1 - 1 + 6 = 5
Speed: 1 - 1 - 1 + 11 = 10
Stamina: 1 - 1 + 7 = 7

Chakra
Power: 1 + 1 + 6 + 1(AP) = 9
Control: 1 + 1 + 10 = 12
Reserves: 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1(AP) = 9

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jutsu and Techniques

Medical Ninjutsu
[1]Medical Training: Control 2, Willpower 2
[1]Caretaker: Control 3, Tactics 2
[1]Disease Containment: Intelligence 3, Reserves 3
[1]Disease Propagation: Control 4, Power 4, Disease Containment
[2]Fanged Tongue Acid: Control 6, Power 6, Intelligence 4
[3]Healing Hands Technique: Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6
[3]Medicine Creation: Intelligence 8, Willpower 6, Tactics 8
[4]Poison Creation: Intelligence 12, Willpower 11, Tactics 10, Control 12, Medicine Creation

Memories of Ivory
[1]Archaeology: Power 2, Intelligence 2
[2]Missile Tooth: Power 5, Reserves 4, Control 4
[3]Vengeance Tooth: Power 9, Reserves 9, Willpower 7

Sound Genjutsu
[1]Depth Distortion: Control 3, Intelligence 2
[2]Location Distortion: Intelligence 5, Tactics 4, Willpower 4
[3]Voice of Compromise: Intelligence 9, Tactics 9, Control 7
[3]Genjutsu Release (Replacing Open Slot): Intelligence 10, Tactics 10, Power 8

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inventory: 8/8
Shinobi Kit (0)
Armor of Ivory (6): Limb Armor + Limb Armor + Helmet + Body Armor + Combined + Implanted
Ossified Blade (2): Small Blade + Implanted

Weapon Points Gained: 0

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Biography: My earliest memories are of the Naga.

I barely remember my parents; they were farmers, I think. I remember there never being enough food to go around, and I remember having a few brothers and a couple of sisters. I must have been around five when the Naga came to our village. They offered my parents food, and I’m assuming money. The next thing I knew, I was taken beneath the earth by a few men and women alongside a slew of others. They kept me in a cell, and I lived in near darkness from then on; my only social interactions were with the scientists who would run tests and diagnostics on me. I got used to a lot of injections and being sick. I remember not being able to stand for weeks on end because I had been wracked with so many poisons. There were times when I was too weak to feed myself, and so they hooked me up to a machine to do it for me. I was left to lay in my own filth, but like clockwork, every day, they came with more shots and tests. For the longest time, I thought that if I did what they asked, they would eventually let me out of the cage, but that day never seemed to come. Eventually, I started keeping track of the days – I had no true way of knowing what day it was, but they always fed me twice. Once in the morning, I’m assuming, and once in what could have been the evening.

When they finally let me out of the cage for the first time, I was ecstatic. For the first time since being imprisoned, they called me by my birth name. I hadn't heard it in ages; for their purposes, they called me Delta Three. I thought I was going home at first, but as soon as they bound me, I knew that there would never be any chance of going back to the life that I once knew. When they led me into another room with other children, I felt the last of my childish sense of hope die. Some were normal, like me, but others had strange body parts, like claws in place of hands. Some were missing their eyes, though they seemed to at least have some kind of spacial awareness about them. They left us to our own devices for a few minutes, but I was too scared to talk.

When they came back in, several men, some almost three times my size carried lengths of chain. They threaded it through our binds, taking a post at either end of our line and holding us steady. The same scientists that always came to feed me and administer tests approached me, and there were several others, mostly old men that I never recognized. There were five in total, and they spoke in hushed whispers. At the time, all I could make out was “weapon.” One touched me, and I felt a sudden jolt of energy enter me before my own seemed to siphon out. I fell to my knees, and he simply laughed.

I remember him saying that I wouldn’t make it through the night, and then the five disappeared. The scientists only shook their heads, and after the display was over, they took me back to my cell.

I couldn’t tell you how much longer the tests went on for; I was still keeping track of the days, but I lost all sense of what the calendar day was. I was doing my best to cope; it was a strange mix of willpower, imagination, and rebellion. To distract myself, I would sing, and when the characters I came up with in my head no longer entertained me, I would wail until one of the scientists came to check on me. I stopped that soon though – they would beat me every time I tore them away from their work. The scars they left have since healed, but I can always remember the bite of their whips.

I’d like to think I was around seven or eight when they took me out of my cell for the second time. They brought me to a much smaller one, and this one had a light that was very, very bright. This time, they brought another series of machines in. They took pictures, ran more tests. Talked to one another about how I was a great candidate. When I asked them for what, they just laughed and left me alone again.

A few hours passed, and they took me into another room. It was a chamber, dimly lit too, although the floor glowed with strange runic symbols. They removed my shackles and forced me into new ones, though these were not connected – chains hung from the ceilings and floors. They hoisted me up, and tightened the chains. At first I thought they were trying to draw and quarter me, but what they did was far worse.

Three of the scientists walked in, with one holding what seemed to be a gourd. They took positions around me, forming a triangle, and placed the gourd directly under me. The runes around the feet lit up purple, and a ring formed around the gourd. When I heard the gourd pop open, I felt like my flesh was being burned away; an influx of chakra shot upward from the gourd and saturated me. This continued for hours, with me dipping in and out of consciousness. When they were finally done, they lowered me down. They checked my vitals, commented on how low they were.

There were discussions on whether or not I was worth saving. Of how something called a “bijuuko” would respawn shortly after I perished.

And then I woke up in a crypt.

The first voice I heard was Tsubasa. It was more of a screech, but when I finally got my bearings and made sense of everything, things started to click. I had heard the scientists speaking of bijuuko and jinchuuriki before, but I had never been able to make any sense of it. Tsubasa was quick to explain that she was my prisoner, just as I had been to the Naga. Our conversation, however, didn’t last long.

The crypt opened, and a sickly, old woman entered. She talked to herself, mentioned how horrible the Naga must have treated me, for me to be in such a state. I watched her polish a few sharp instruments, and when she finally got close to the table I was laying on, I shifted and sat up.

I thought I had given her a heart attack at first, but after taking a few minutes to get her bearings, she seemed fine. She spoke about how she needed to alert the scientists that I was still alive, but I begged her not to. I’m not sure how, or why, but I could see the pity in her eyes. She agreed, and I was taken into the Honekaigi’s fold. They told me how that while an immense number of them had been lost with the destruction of a village called Otogakure nearly a decade ago, a number of them had survived, a few elders within the Catacombs, with the younger generation having taken to the surface with a group that went by the Sound Nomads.

I was given a bath, the first one that I had received in almost a year. They cut out my matted hair, donned me in their robes and disguised me as one of their children. The first thing they taught me was to read and write. They told me that it would be the deciding factor on whether or not I would be forced to go back to the rest of the Naga. It wasn’t easy, but I picked up on it in time. I had Tsubasa’s assistance, as limited as it was. The two of us were, and are, still very much at odds. We were children, forced to coexist in the same body. A few of the Honekaigi realized this and took extra care of us. Several had done extensive research on the history of the jinchuuriki and bijuuko, and while they were in no position to guide me in my relationship with Tsubasa, they were capable of keeping her from possessing me.

As I acclimated to the Bone Council, I began to realize where their true loyalty lied. Through the limited library that remained intact, I learned that outside of the Catacombs, there was a whole world of ninja. For years, I read the books the offered me. The history of the ninja world, the establishment of the Hidden Leaf Village on the world stage, their undying hatred for Sound shinobi. As I read, the history began to fit together. I learned that somewhere out there was a migrant village, people who wouldn’t keep me in chains, people who would hone me and Tsubasa into a weapon of war, rather than keep us trapped underground, who would run tests on us and force us to fight other abominations to the death for the sake of “research.”

As I grew older and matured alongside Tsubasa, the elders deemed it appropriate for me to learn the ways of the ninja. They explained that in the event that I was ever hurt or damaged, Tsubasa would gain further influence over me – there was an immense possibility that she might be able to take over my body if I didn’t receive proper training.

So, they instructed me for years. They taught me how to properly preserve the experiments that the Naga brought us, in the event that they did. Apparently, the occurrences were becoming less common, but regardless, they deemed it important, so I learned. They taught me their own techniques, how to utilize calcium in order to defend myself, in order to prevent myself from being injured. And they taught me genjutsu, in the event that I might need a distraction, or to escape from harm’s way.

I studied this way for over half a decade, until one night, the Naga came for me. I could hear the discussions, the elders’ pleas. There was talk over how Tsubasa never reformed, how they needed to retrieve my body an extract her from it. When they discovered I was alive, they demanded that I return with them. The Council explained how that I was forbidden from leaving their ranks, that I was a Honekaigi now. The Naga simply laughed and gawked at them. They explained how I was never theirs. How that their own council would put down the elders, and me too.

I went willingly with them, if only to protect my new family. While they could pass for shinobi, many of them were old and frail. No one was in any shape to stand up to them, no one except for me. The Naga explained to me that once again, my life would no longer be my own. That I had gotten lucky, that I would be subjected to more tests, that they needed me to create an even stronger jinchuuriki.

So, I killed them.

The first went down easily. I had learned the Honekaigi’s techniques, and after the teeth felled the first, I rose them again, and the second went down. The rest panicked. They began to attack me with all their strength – ancient, forgotten techniques. Tsubasa came to my aid. While we had our differences, she realized that it wasn’t my choice to make her my prisoner. She told me that as long as the two of us still drew breath, she wouldn’t let them take me back and force me into servitude. She drenched me in her power, and together, we slaughtered every last scientist that had come to retrieve me. However, I had also lost control to Tsubasa. She overcame me, and as her chakra began to bleed from me, I inevitably collapsed.

When I awoke, I was naked, and I could hear the sound of fighting. Of earth being ripped asunder, and men and women running. Searching for something. I picked myself up, and I fled back to the Council as fast as I could. I told them what happened, and they swore to protect me, just as they had done before. They told me that I would always be one of them until the day I died; it was my first true sense of belonging.

It wasn’t much longer after that that the new Otogakure was brought to fruition. In a way, I was culture shocked, particularly as the old Bone Council merged with the new Bone Council. Further excavation uncovered the Honekaigi’s own history, and in the weeks that followed, the two groups merged and took residence together, compiling their own history books together in order to form the great library the clan is so well known for.

With all the scientists that had been invested in me dead, the elders sought out the Otokage. They brought me before him and explained what I was, how the Naga had tormented me, how I was of use to them, and how I could be of use to Otogakure. Raimei humored them, claiming that I could serve Otogakure, that I could be a tool of great importance to them... As long as I kept my Jinchuuriki status private. He organized a series of tests in order to judge my skill, and it matched that of a chuunin. I was given the rank of Hiyoutori and had an eighth note tattooed onto my right shoulder. I was also given a handler, another Seijuu, like Raimei, to check in on me and make sure that no one saw the demonic powers that I possessed.

He had me assigned several missions, and for the first time in my life, I saw what the sky looked like. I experienced the wonders of Rice Country, and I was able to further hone my skills. All I had to do was act as a weapon for the new administration. It was my intended purpose, but surprisingly, one that I acclimated to very well. Tsubasa and I developed a stronger bond as a year passed, and with the introduction of the mercenaries besieging my new country, I found a new sense of purpose purpose.

Against all odds, I would defend my new homeland, my chance at freedom, until my dying breath.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Other Info:
Kasumi still has a child's palate when it comes to food. She's a fan of anything doused in cheese or BBQ sauce.
When she's not busy on a mission, helping write records for Sound, or tending to decaying Naga experiments, Kasumi likes to play the harp and go people watching.
Her favorite color is palatinate purple.
Her zodiac sign is a Scorpio.
I have Merdle's permission to make this character and have discussed the details of her biography with him.

AP Used: 4/27 Stats, 6/6 Jutsu

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Annals of the Ossein:
The Ossification of Bonds
Episode 000: Chondrification
+1 AP Intelligence, +1 AP Willpower, +1 AP Power, +1 AP Reserves, +1 AP Missile Tooth, +1 AP Vengeance Tooth, +1 AP Depth Distortion, +1 AP Location Distortion, +1 AP Voice of Compromise, +1 AP Genjutsu Release
Old 07-23-2018, 03:59 AM   #2
Junge
on the last train home

That thing CLEARLY has a tail, I'm calling the police.

Half Approved.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Yeah, okay. Half approved.

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 07-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Half'd

Sound Chuunin Hiyoutori revolution incoming!

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 07-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
Bass
Community Moderator

She's adorable, Tsubasa's adorable.

Everything's adorable.

Half'd
Old 07-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
merdle
Robot Admin

Sound GM approval. Just need Jami now.