iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Default First Come, First [Served?]

In the aftermath of a heist by a mysterious group, a Prodigy of Shadow and Student of Flame move to ambush a dangerous foe with No Respect For Drama! And there, face the . . .

Points for this thread that have not been claimed as of 11/26/2018 are forfeit.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Wess; 11-26-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Bass
Community Moderator

Ultimate Anticlimax? Zomg! My band name, how could I resist.

Claimed'd

Last edited by Bass; 07-11-2017 at 02:01 PM..
Old 07-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
Bass
Community Moderator

Aww n_x That was fun

First Impressions!

I love threads where the characters have history, and there can't be many pairings with more history than these two. I liked the way you managed to call back to your previous adventures in a seamless and natural manner, keeping the grander universe of Engi alive instead of being too episodic as can sometimes happen. And it was clear to see art mirrored life as well, as your combined writing styles and narrative decisions fit together as effortlessly seeming as the characters did; I don't know how much of that came naturally or was due to a lot of behind the scenes chat between you both, but either way it made for an easy and immersive read, which I certainly appreciated. I know Kaen in particular was a little concerned about the abruptness of the ending, and I can see where the concern comes from, but honestly I found it pretty funny, perhaps the most realistic response to being swatted around by two extremely talented ninja I've come across "F-This, I'm out." It definitely gave me a chuckle as I read it, and the IC actions afterword sold it as a comedic moment so I don't think it was something that needed worrying about at all.

Player Specific Notes

WoF: This will come as a surprise to no one, but you are one of the queens of snark, and getting to read a character that embraces and lets that side of you show, is always tremendously fun. I was also pleasantly surprised by Hitomi's choice to try something different, face a potential insecurity of hers, and try a new approach to getting things done

Kaen: Great job on the action, you had a very clear and fluid way of expressing your characters, and the antagonists movement that made the fighting itself a joy to read. Sadly, you seem to have been hit by typos/autocorrect a few times in the thread and so a couple lines needed a little decoding, which slightly detracted from what was otherwise a very enjoyable read.

Final Rating!

A short but sweet adventure between two very old friends, that was good fun throughout and really showed off the strength of their partnership, on and off the battlefield.

2 Points each. Spend as you please

Plus: a Bonus point each thanks to Kaen's MODotM victory n_x

Last edited by Bass; 07-23-2017 at 08:16 PM..
Old 07-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Thankeee Bass! First, I'mma swap Kai into their leaf gen list and grab one point of stamina.

Cause of the June MotM thingy, I'll get Maboroshi no Mai too.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 07-25-2017 at 08:21 PM..