iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
Wess
Hardcore Member

Default [Rain]Official Maeda Board

“And that is why I must insist–“

“No, Toru. The vote stands. These aggressive tactics are stupidly dangerous. You risk exposing us and everything that we’ve worked for!”

“No, Shuuya, it is under your leadership that everything we have become is for naught! What have we gotten since you’ve taken control? A little bit of respect from our neighbors? They still look at us like we’re monsters, worse than the Youkai. Our bloodline spreads disease; it does not repress it!”

“If we didn’t repress it, where would we be? Landless, facing genocide because our own countrymen would be killing us! We might not have asked for this curse, but we have been dealt it. It’s our responsibility to mitigate the damage.”

“The only damage is collateral! We’re meant to be weapons, Shuuya! We could be reclaiming Amanjou now, if only you’d let the Amekage use our full potential! Now she has retreated to her office, just as you have! You’re being selfish; you’re scared! You don’t know the true power people like us possess. You’ve never wielded it.”

The two men continued to spar verbally while Eshima knelt on a soft cushion, acting as a kind of mediator. Her lips were thin, curled back in a small frown like she was watching two of her children fight over a trivial. She formed a feeble fist with her gnarled hand, and hit it on the table in front of her. It didn’t make a noise.

The chitin claw she made a few moments later did, however. It snapped the table in two, and she looked at them from behind eyes narrowed with age.

“Oh dear, well, that was a bit excessive... Must you two fight all the time? And so loudly too?”

Both turned toward her, and Shuuya opened his mouth in protest, like he was about to reprimand her. Eshima talked over him, eyes narrowed and held head high. A feeble hand was raised for emphasis.

“Your bickering won’t solve anything, and without the votes, neither of you can do anything. My people and I will wait this one out, indefinitely if we have to. You’re both stuck – and it’s a good thing too, because any decisions you make right now will be made out of spite for the other. You two have to think for the good of the clan; your ideologies might contrast, but your motives align more than either of you realize. Toru, you make a strong case, but so do you, Shuuya. A path of aggression is viable, but only if it possesses a tempered resolve. A steady progression is viable too, however, without risks, we will eventually stagnate and wither.”

Her eyes held wisdom as she stood, her bones creaking as she inched toward the door. She discarded her chitin claw, letting it drop to the floor as she turned around just after pulling back the screen. She let out a sigh, knowing it was only a matter of time before the rest of the council were forced to choose a side.

“I hope you two know what you’re doing. But whatever you two decide, know this: Evolution is key to our clan’s survival. We must continue to adapt, so change.”

And with that, she slid the door shut behind her.
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
Wess
Hardcore Member

Arc Centric NPCs:

Major Shuuya is a grizzled man that has just entered his fifties. Having never seen combat, Shuuya has focused the entirety of his career into repairing his clan’s damaged reputation. He is the reason for the creation of numerous safety committees and much of the research on karamushi in the last two decades. Under his leadership, the medical community has made a multitude of breakthroughs on keeping the parasite contained. It has been under Shuuya’s careful, calculated watch that the clan became what it is today.

Maeda Toru is a burly man in his mid-forties that stands opposite to Major Shuuya on the council. A true warhawk, Toru focuses primarily on the clan’s production of shinobi and ensures that its youth receive proper training on how to control the karamushi. He believes in power through demonstration, and rather than educate Amegakure on safety measures, Toru wishes to build his family’s influence and prestige through prolific assassinations and vertical political movement. He is very charismatic and often makes promises of grandeur.

Maeda Eshima is the longest living member of the clan and grandmother to a great number of the clansmen. Like Toru, she believes in increasing the Maeda’s influence and fame, however, she typically sides with Shuuya due to her patience and subtle nature. Despite her age, Eshima is quick and possesses a silver tongue. Her way with words and talent with the healing arts has earned her a chair on the council and a seat on Amegakure’s hospital’s advising board. Eshima is a woman with a lot of money, many connections, and many friends – members of the council will typically side with her before Toru or Shuuya.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
Wess
Hardcore Member

Shuuya: 5
Toru: 4
Eshima: 6

Alright guys, welcome to the first Maeda arc! In case you missed it, Junge named me the Maeda GM in his absence, so hold on tight. So far, I’ve introduced you to two new council members, and as you can see, both come with added quirks. Toru polarizes Shuuya in many ways, while Eshima is meant to balance them out.

Above, you can see numbers next to the 3 NPC’s names. You might have also noticed that the total adds to 14. If you’ve read the clan information, you might also remember that there are 14 council members in total, counting the Major. Every council member has a vote in the direction that the clan will be moving.

What does this mean for you? Well, it means that you’ll be directing how this arc progresses! Currently, Eshima is stalling the voting process, but she can’t keep it up forever. And that’s where you guys come in. Both Toru and Shuuya have two other people siding with them currently, but both need a clear majority, meaning over half of the total votes, to take the clan in the direction that they want to move.

So, do you side with Toru, the esteemed Maeda brute known for his masterful taijutsu and chitin manipulation, or do you side with Shuuya, the pacifist son of a cook with a knack for pleasing the government? And more importantly, how do you pick a side?

Over the next week or so, I will be posting more and more missions in which you can influence the direction the clan goes. The missions in turn will coincide with the clan’s direction, meaning that I will have a list of missions for Shuuya’s followers and a list of missions for Toru’s followers. While they might not be straight from the higher-ups themselves, the missions will be themed as such, and whichever mission that you complete will add a tally to the respective council member’s vote. This is to symbolize the swaying of votes going on, in addition to the passing of time and Eshima not being able to keep a lid on everyone forever.

The first candidate with 8 votes will have the upcoming arc go in his favor, meaning that the clan will go down one of two very different directions. However, we can’t wait around forever, so I will be doing a random coin flip, with heads be Shuuya and tails being Toru every two weeks in OOC time, which will also give that candidate a tally.

For added benefit, non-Maeda will be able to take part in this, but only if you PM me, since everything will have to be structured slightly differently. In addition to this, if you have your own concept for a Maeda mission, let me know. I’m flexible; though I will say that the two factions won’t be directly competing with one another… Yet. Blah blah, disclaimer about how I’ll throw in some random events if this picks up more speed than I’m expecting, yadayadayada. Let’s see how the first vote goes.

Last edited by Wess; 08-16-2017 at 10:16 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Wess
Hardcore Member

Shuuya Missions

Routine Cleanup
Objectives: Eliminate the karamushi presence in the area.
Details: With more and more skirmishes arising with the CCC, the less trained members of the clan have become reckless. Infecting civilians is something that absolutely must not happen. The area the fight took place in was quarantined. Go there and help the workers scrub the scene.

Quarantined
Objectives: Round up the infirm and bring them back to the Maeda compound for treatment.
Details: Within Amegakure’s hospital exists several severe cases of karamushi infection. Of the three surviving patients, one is very elderly and on death’s door. Transport them from Sector One to Sector Two as quickly as possible, and be sure to keep their conditions stabilized.

Dissidence
Objectives: Find and retrieve a Maeda and her new wife.
Details: This is a very sensitive situation. One of the Maeda’s branch families has recently come into a dispute with a well known family in Sector One. One of our own has eloped with one of their daughters. Neither of them can be found, and both families are known for producing shinobi. Skirmishes have already occurred, though there have been no deaths yet. A Maeda, however, is in critical care. Find the two, and bring them home.

Toru Missions

Hostile Takeover
Objectives: Assist in the acquisition of the said business.
Details: Recently, a wealthy Maeda branch family bought out several greenhouse facilities filled with a multitude of plants used in their pharmaceutical industry. Despite this legal vertical merger, they are still facing opposition from the previous owners. The said owners hired a private guard to prevent us from gaining access to the facility. Convince them to stand down, or eliminate them and the previous owners. Leave no witnesses, and leave no evidence.

Dealt in Secret
Objectives: Eliminate the threat.
Details: With karamushi showing up more and more in the Rain Military’s camps (totally wasn’t us), advances in cures have been made. Currently, a woman by the name of Komon Akiko is leading the charge. Capture her, if at all possible. If not, eliminate her.

Prestige through Prejudice
Objectives: Network.
Details: A few council members received invites to a leadership summit. Several influential people and their affiliates will be here. Attend the gala and network with the said individuals. Any favor you can bring the clan is greatly appreciated.

Stand Your Ground
Objectives: Defend the item.
Details: You have been stationed at a facility above ground, deep in the jungle where several of Toru’s people have conducted military research on the karamushi. Since Shuuya keeps a watchful eye on any developing strains or jutsu, Toru’s people have worked offsite to finish these concepts. The Rain Military has caught wind of this. Fend them off until further assistance and the courier arrives.

Last edited by Wess; 08-16-2017 at 10:17 PM..
Old 06-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

After speaking to Wess, our Maeda will be doing hostile Takeover!
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
Wess
Hardcore Member

This just in: My BBCode is horrible! I'll fix it later, maybe. Yadayadayada, I'll have the thread up soon. I added another mission to Toru's mix! My goal is going to be to keep three missions up for both Toru and Shuuya at all times so you Maeda and other Rain nin have a variety of things to chose from.

Also, several people have asked me this question so far, and it really shocked me, considering that there are only two Maeda members, but a couple people are thinking about making non-Maeda Rain characters for this, and one in addition to a Maeda asked this. I am currently indifferent to sides; Kazuhiko is a bit of a gray character too, so this works well. I will only be doing these threads with others if I am asked to, and I will be doing both sets. I hope this clears things up. I am more than happy to GM, though I tend to take a hands off approach only post a few times a thread. That said, some of these missions will require GMing in the future and will be marked as such.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:21 AM   #7
Wess
Hardcore Member

Attention: Okay, I know I've been missing for a few months. I finished my associates degree over the summer, and I don't know how many of you know about summer courses, but basically 16 weeks of work is condensed into 10 and I got ran over completely. After a nice little vacation to Puerto Rico and some personal growth, I'm back! This arc will continue as expected, and beginning on Saturday, the OOC clock will start ticking again.

To any threads I'm participating in or GMing in, I apologize. In addition to school, my full-time job and hobby as a drag entertainer have been quite demanding. I am currently assisting a fellow sister prepare for a pageant in addition to my own performances this week. Expect responses by Saturday.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #8
Wess
Hardcore Member

Wow, it's been a month already. Oops. I flipped the coin. 1 to Shuuya! Expect new missions soon.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #9
Wess
Hardcore Member

Okay, with there being substantial interest in the Maeda, this arc is officially rolling again! Junge and Sleepy have finished a thread, which has been marked off. An additional point to Shuuya was given via coin flip. Expect further arc progress come a few more completed missions.

Expect updated missions later this week! I wrote a bunch a while ago but never posted them because Engi was dead. Let's see if I can find them or figure out if I'm going to have to just write more.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #10
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Stand your Ground please

For my Maeda and Junge Josuke
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote