Thread: Pity Party
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 AM   #19
Wess
General Moderator

Hana took the book, giving it a once over. In truth, she couldn’t remember the last time that she had finished a novel – more than likely, it had been in the academy. Still, she flipped through the pages for a second or two, letting her eyes flicker over a few passages before she turned it over, eyes skimming over the back for a summary. It sounded a tad bit juvenile, but the young woman figured that she was in fact, still a child, even if her prowess at killing said otherwise. It was an odd thought that she might balance childish naivety with an adult sense of warfare, but one that she was eager to explore if it meant preventing the loss of her sense of humanity.

She broke the silence after a moment, offering Yuu a weak smile. “I’ll have to start reading it. It’ll give me something to do at night, anyway.” She figured that getting out of her own head and into the one of a character might even prove to be therapeutic for her. “But, Yuu, it sounds like you’re more focused on your studies than me.” Hana looked up at him, cocking her head to one side. “You spend most of your time training, and I feel like I spend most of mine on missions. Sure, you have a lot more studying to do than me, what with medical ninjutsu and all, but aren’t you like, forcing yourself to go over everything?” She gave him a weary look. “I’m not saying that you don’t enjoy it or anything, but… Five hours? A day?”

She folded her hands neatly atop the book after sitting it in her lap, appearing concerned. “I’m not saying that all of the training isn’t bad, but… Don’t you get tired? Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.”

AP / Swaps

Last edited by Wess; 07-23-2018 at 08:12 PM..