Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Coal] Mekamism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Coal] Mekamism

    Disheveled workers huddled in fear at the towering, faceless monstrosity before them. The factory's shuttered windows let only the dustiest of light filter through, and what that waning sunlight showed was horrifying. Like a specter of death the gargoyle loomed towards them with menacing intent. The helpless souls could only watch in horror as it extended its meaty claw, dripping with a foul black slime, and pointed a thick digit right at their quivering bodies.

    Inabune's rumbling baritone shook out from beneath her executioner's hood.

    The rhythmic clank and clatter of the Coal Country factory continued on unabated even as the workers began winding down the day's activities. Nobody who worked there was quite sure what is was they made, but the machinery was pretty dang impressive nonetheless! Levers and gears and pulleys and all manners of conveyors rumbled along with a well greased efficiency. The whole plant almost ran itself.
    Muneshige bit the end of her pencil and made a face, since her pencil was covered in some kind of stray lubricant.
    The foreman grunted as he wiped the sweat off his brow with a dirty rag and continued his work.
    Muneshige bit the end of her pencil and made a face, but this time she did in on purpose for dramatic effect.
    Twenty feet above them on some kind of rotating catwalk the high-pitched voice of one Mutuo Noboru squeaked out.

    Muneshige's face sagged a bit before breaking back out into a grin.

    Somewhere someone let out a loud, disgusted groan, which was quickly followed up by the hiss of a beer bottle being opened.
    (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
    (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
    (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
    Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
    Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
    I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
    Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

  • #2
    Boring.

    Goose chase.

    Ooh? Marked as special interest for Sakoshi representatives. I'm a Sakoshi representative!


    Though Hana looked to just be working her way through some trashy novel as she lay on the sand, behind her sunglasses her special eyes were scanning the pages for the real information hidden on the pages with magnetic ink - that was supposed to be taken back to the hidden village to be deciphered by a slew of special devices, not just simply read by operatives who happened to be able to sense the reports by just looking at them.

    As she flicked to the corresponding page, telling herself as she always did that if she just so happened to deal with something while she was local, it would save the division the time and resources of having to wait for her to get back, and then to have to send someone again... Plus she was sure the kid and the seagull wouldn't object to staying at the beach a few hours longer while she went to check it out, rather than going straight home.

    ---

    Oh that explains it...

    Getting into a building wasn't usually that hard, especially when she could genjutsu an ID that would normally show whatever she needed to be allowed somewhere, but the workers at the gate had only become more skittish once she had convinced them, as though there was something inside they specifically didn't want any of their superiors to know about; and now that she was through the doors she could see what that was - she wasn't the only guest.

    The giant was easy enough to spot across the factory floor, as was the lady talking with what looked like the foreman. She seemed to be the one in charge, so Hana assumed she'd be the best to approach if she had to make herself known to any of them. She wasn't a huge fan of the idea, but she had a feeling deep in her gut that they were probably here for similar reasons, and if so then it would be next to impossible to work around each-other without being noticed; and given the choice between being upfront or trying to be sneaky and ending up in the middle of a misunderstanding... the former was marginally more preferable.

    She'd only taken a couple steps though before the unmistakable high pitched glee of an overexcited child rang out from one of the walkways above. A giant and a child? Whoever the other lady was, she had an eclectic taste in companions. Curiosity got the better of her though, since the kid in question seemed to be requesting something, and finding out what might give her more of a clue as to what they were all doing here than whatever the others might be willing to share. So much for being upfront.

    With a couple of well placed jumps, being careful not to knock any of the many levers and dials that covered nearly any surface as she bounded from one to the other, she landed on the gantry behind the boy in question, peering over his shoulder to try and look at whatever he was showing the confused factory worker

    "Ohh... what you making?"


    [Used]S3 Writ Of Authority (offscreen) - to create a false ID to let her into the factory

    Comment


    • #3
      Without looking up from his manuscript or turning away from the metalworker Noboru blurted out his response.His head popped up at once as the realization hit and he spun around fast enough to lose his balance.

      A heavy hand laid itself on the boy's shoulder. He didn't respond, instead only craning his neck upward to look at the owner.

      Inabune's rumbling voice coupled with her sudden appearance of two tall women scared off the craftsman and he scampered back down the stairs to the ground floor. Inabune seemed to ignore him entirely.
      Noboru glanced at the tall stranger, then gave a small bow. With a soft metallic pitter patter the boy's sandals carried him off. The monstrous Inabune's hood cloaked eyes remained locked on the new woman. She shifted her weight and the metal catwalk they stood on groaned in response.

      She huffed out from beneath her mask. Her hulking posture gave the impression of a gorilla preparing to throw a haymaker. The muscles along her arm rippled and she raised a heavy, clenched fist.



      Elsewhere another dynamic duo stared at a brick wall with intense interest.

      "Why would a hallway just end like this,"
      grumbled Ryo as he snuck another nip from his warm beer bottle. "There ain't nothing here!"

      "There's nowhere else to search? We didn't find squat! Pfft!"
      Muneshige tapped her foot in agitation. "Looks like we're setting up for another all nighter. Glad I packed the sandwiches."
      Last edited by Junge; 06-27-2019, 12:11 AM.
      (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
      (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
      (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
      Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
      Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
      I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
      Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

      Comment


      • #4
        "Long Lake?"

        There wasn't a Long Lake in Coal Country, at least not that she knew of. Whoever these people were, they had come really far just for some good luck charms. Her question was left unanswered though, as was the boys own question of her, as the hulking giant she had spotted before had evidently spotted her in return and come to investigate the mysterious woman accosting the youngest of their group. Still, she had learned some names at least; Ms. Chomin, Lady Chosokabe. Nobility perhaps? She could half imagine some wealthy matriarch marching into a factory with her bodyguards to get the good luck charm her grandson so desperately wanted...

        Her skin prickled and her muscles tensed as Ms. Chomin approached, gripping tightly onto the railing with her off hand, just in case the hanging walkway wasn't strong enough to withstand whatever was about to happen between the two amazons. As her hulking companion raised her arm, Hana braced herself to be knocked off her feet and sent flying... only to end up being floored figuratively instead as the masked woman made her request.

        "Huh?" She blinked, the tension in her body falling away, forgotten in the sheer surreality of the moment, just staring at the oil-smudged hand in question. "Cloth... right. Oh, yes actually"

        She put a hand across one of the bracelets on her wrist, and pulled a worn-looking messenger bag out of the air in a shower of sparks before digging through it. She moved carefully, almost telegraphing everything she was doing as one might in-front of a frightened child, or someone with a crossbow pointed at you, so as to make sure nothing she was doing was misconstrued as a potential threat. It no doubt helped that the bag had the patches of several medical organisations sewn across it - ones she had collected over the years once she had learned the hard way that Cloud's own medical badge was not universally recognised, but even so she felt she couldn't be too careful.

        "Here" She held out a small packet with a disinfectant wipe inside for a moment, opening it up and handing the Adjunct the cloth inside. "The uhm, rubbing alchahol in it really cuts through grease and stuff, won't just smear it around."

        She paused to give Inabune time to make use of it before trying to regain her focus and deal with the marginally lesser of the confusing things the stranger had said as she had introduced herself. "Hana, by the way... Kurosaki Hana and, forgive me, but did you say the Brigade of Light? They told us that was a myth... You're real?"

        Cloud had an interesting relationship with spirituality; specifically that it was outlawed, practically denied the existence of. Everyone knew that Miko and Kami existed, but under a rule that forbade any kind of religious or pseudo-religious practice certain truths tended to get filtered before the people got to them. So while Hana had vaguely heard of the Brigade of Light, it's existence had been somewhat dismissed by official channels; and she, like most Lightning Shinobi, had simply been far too overworked to ever have time to find out for herself. She had to admit though, it would explain why the woman in-front of her was dressed like something you'd see during an inquisition... or rather, at the end of an inquisition...

        Comment


        • #5
          Without a shred of shame Inabune quickly and efficiently wiped the offending lubricant from her palms, then thoughtlessly tossed the used up fabric to the side. She held her fingers up to the buzzing electric light overhead and nodded. She spoke much quieter than usual, as if talking to herself instead.

          The mystery woman introduced herself as a skeptical Hana. Armed with this knowledge Inabune did her usual thing. She pointed a now clean finger towards an approaching group. Underneath the pair of women came the child, old woman, and grumpy man, talking in various tempos as they moved in from some other part of the factory floor. She paused to exhale. Dark
          Ryo grunted from below and jerked his thumb towards one the of factory's exits as Inabune turned her hooded head down in his direction. She shook her head and Ryo turned back to the group huddle with a huff.

          A foghorn high above the factory sounded and signaled the end of the work day. The noisy machinery slowed to a stop and the oily workers all began to file out of the stuffy structure. The oldest of the group clapped her hands then shouted up to Inabune. The old woman gave her underling a thumbs up.
          (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
          (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
          (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
          Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
          Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
          I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
          Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

          Comment


          • #6
            Hana frowned as the others called up, not so much annoyed at the interruption, but rather put off by how they all referred to their giant companion. She was big sure, she even made Hana look like a normal girl by comparison, but Ogre? That seemed uncalled for.

            "Do they always call you such mean thin-"

            The klaxon blared out over the end of her question, and once more they were left unanswered as the old woman leading the group yelled out marching orders for her hooded associate.

            Axe...? Shina, she really is an inquisitor...

            She scrunched her nose in thought as the four of them all went off to prepare, they obviously had some idea of what they were expecting to find here; far more than she had been given by the report she had... intercepted. Still, at least she had a place to start, whatever was going on happened at night, which meant she'd need to sneak in again later and she wasn't in a mood to sweet talk the staff again; instead, she placed a small device on one of the large pieces of machinery, the Sakoshi technology almost perfectly disguised amongst the existing dials and knobs.

            ---

            Nightfall came, and Hana dropped down from one of her electric portals, courtesy of the device she'd left there earlier in the day, and surveyed the factory in the dim light. She could sense a scattering of security patrols, that seemed like a token effort more than anything, and of course the four she had seen earlier. She let out a soft sigh as she started making her way toward the group, a sigh that hung in the air in front of her as vapour - so full of metal and without the sun streaming through the windows nor any working machinery to warm the place up, the factory floor was almost unnaturally cold... She really regretted not bringing anything other than beach and summer wear on this mission.

            There was no way around it now, she was going to have to work with the Brigade, and that meant approaching them head on and being honest about the situation - neither of which came naturally to a Shinobi, but she had little choice. She'd called home to report in her initial findings, and the existence of the Brigade, to see if the extra complications required instructions that hadn't been on the purloined intelligence report, and the answer had not settled well with her... Her gut was screaming that there was something deeply wrong with all of this, and the four strangers were her best chance of finding out what.

            "So." She caught up and walked level with the youngest of the group, once again picking him as her first point of contact. "Did you get the charms in the end?"





            [Used] S5 - Magic Door to sneak back into the factory from outside
            Last edited by Bass; 06-27-2019, 08:18 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Brigade, freshly switched out of their civilian clothes and now armed in earnest, still very much looked like a bunch of out of place oddballs. Ryo fussed about with a large crossbow while Muneshige helped the still hooded Inabune into her armor. Noboru pensively kept watch while gripping his wooden bokken. Despite the hazy yellow light emitted from the strange 'light bulbs' that dotted the factory, the shadows seemed as though they would jump out to attack at any moment. The boy's alert eyes darted back and forth. Vigilance! Constant vigilance! A hero mustn't let himself be caught off guard by anything!
              He responded politely to the voice without thinking. he stopped and sputtered.

              Inabune grunted as she heaved her shield onto her right arm, but otherwise paid the mysterious woman no mind. Muneshige and Ryo seemed similarly unbothered by the arrival, as if a decision regarding the stranger had already been made.
              Palpable relief wheezed out of the boy's lungs.

              With a nasty hacking cough Ryo cleared his throat.He pointed his arbalest at the large woman. He jerked his head towards the old woman as she leaned on her trident like a walking cane.

              Ryo brushed his mustache off with his free hand, then exchanged doubting looks with Muneshige and shrugged.
              Muneshige leaned back onto the heels of her sandals with an expectant look.
              (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
              (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
              (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
              Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
              Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
              I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
              Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

              Comment


              • #8
                "Aw, thats a shame, it looked like such a cool desig-" Hana began, only to get interrupted as the others noticed her and stole the conversation away from herself and Noburo. "Is he always so mean to all of you?" She asked as Ryo finished the last of his introductions. She had almost managed to ask before when she had noticed them calling Inabune names earlier, but now she could see that the courtesy seemed to extend to everyone. Maybe it was some in-joke they shared, friendly banter they had worked up the closeness to get away with over the years, but from her perspective as an outsider it just seemed awful.

                Says the lying double agent...

                She shook the thought out of her mind, as much as she wouldn't object to an answer were she to get one, she recognised that the elder woman's question took precedence. "Well... to be completely honest" She didn't like putting all her cards on the table at once, but of the two sides she clearly wasn't the one in the advantageous position, and these were desperate circumstances. "I need your help finding an excuse not to blow this place sky high..."

                "Short version, I'm from Lightning Village... we have a whole bunch of contracts in Coal because we're neighbours and Fuck Iwakagure, and some analysts noticed that the numbers coming from this place weren't adding up. I came, I checked it out, I called in what I noticed, and uhm... might have mentioned you, and the local supervisor said to glass the place... which, for context cos I know Shinobi have a bit of a bad reputation, is not the standard procedure.

                She sighed before continuing. "Somethings wrong with all this, and I don't know what it is or even how to start finding out what it is. But given that it was mentioning you all that freaked him out, I'm thinking you do know how to find the truth. And if you can, then maybe we can fix it, and these people don't have to lose their livelihoods because some asshole behind a desk is scared of, or worse, hoping to hide, whatever is afoot here."

                She scanned their faces as she finished, unsure what their reaction was going to be. She wasn't even sure what hers would have been in their position. So much for her trip to coal being a milk-run and an excuse for a quick beach break...

                "So... any chance you can help?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Eyes closed and head nodding in sage agreement Muneshige seemed on the verge of making a profound, thoughtful statement to rally the team for the night's job. She turned towards Noboru.



                  Muneshige scowled and waved dismissively. rockingAs she turned back around both Ryo and Noboru had already excused themselves as if anticipating the horror that was to come.Muneshige faced Hana again and crossed her arms with a sigh.
                  Clearing her deep throat the now hooded Inabune recited from memory a convoluted mess of Brigade law. Muneshige held her head up as high as her short stature would allow.

                  Inabune pointed out in an attempt to be helpful.

                  The old woman shot the ninja a playful wink.Muneshige wore an expression that suggested a smug satisfaction with her ploy.
                  Inabune's rumbling voice seemed troubled, but her expression could no longer be seen behind the hood.



                  me kami sm

                  "That's it?"
                  Muneshige's exasperated voice echoed out through the spacious interior of the factory core. "It's just a bunch of pipes and some tanks. No demons or monsters at all. I can't believe we broke all those doors down just for this!"

                  Inabune's hooded face turned and scanned the room but found it likewise devoid of any ghosts or ghouls that could explain the factory worker's fears. There was simply nowhere else in the building to look, though. "Let us not lose faith." The mask turned towards the shinobi, but said nothing. Her large hands remained clenched into fists.
                  (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
                  (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
                  (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
                  Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
                  Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
                  I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
                  Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Brigade certainly could have taken the news worse, though Hana wasn't quite sure they could have taken it more strangely. Interesting situations called for interesting companions though, and so she was just glad that whatever mental gymnastics Muneshige was doing created a big enough loophole for them to excuse working with an agent of a foreign government.

                    - - -

                    "You know I can... just..." She trailed off as Inabune destroyed another set of doors. The brigade clearly had a method and it wasn't one they were likely to deviate from any time soon it seemed, even if Hana had managed to make her offer of a more subtle option before it had been too late.

                    She didn't think they were doing it on purpose, but so far the Girls Night Out had only proved quite how superfluous Hana was to the experts she was accompanying. Having been able to offer little, if any, insight into the strange things - or in this case lack of - that they had been discovering during their expedition. Not even needed to unlock the security doors, which was otherwise probably the only thing she could really bring to the table.

                    As such, she was caught a little off guard when Inabune looked toward her so expectantly after telling everyone not to give up. Or at least it might have been expectantly, the executioner was very hard to read with her mask on. "Don't look at me..." She responded with a helpless shrug. "I'm the science project, you're the spirit experts. Best I could do is tell you what this stuff does-... huh."

                    She cut her own self depreciation short as she realised, now she really looked at the writhing mass of industrial nonsense around them that she actually couldn't even do that. The gargantuan machines and factory stations themselves were all sensible enough, but the piping linking and surrounding them felt off somehow. She quickly ran around the room, following them as best she could to make sure she wasn't missing anything, even back into some of the previous chambers they had passed through, but just ended up back where she had started, standing next to Inabune and Muneshige.

                    "I don't get it, it's a closed loop. There's no intake or outake, it just goes between each and every one of the machines one after the other, and then back again." Even Sakoshi City hadn't ever come up with anything you could just add to a system and then forget about - there should have been a place where whatever was being pumped through the factory could be cycled out, or at the very least filtered and cleaned before being re-used. And that wasn't even getting into the fact that she couldn't for the life of her work out what kind of substance would be such a vital component as to be pumped to every single one of these wildly different manufacturing stations.

                    Finally, and with a sigh of frustration she put her palm on one of the pipes. She didn't like having to admit defeat so easily and resort to letting her engineered blood take over and simply infect whatever machinery was controlling the pipes and spill their secrets that way, but she was getting desperate. Though not so much desperate to find answers, rather to just to be of some use to the investigation. She was not prepared for what she discovered though - absolutely nothing.

                    "There's no machinery in these pipes at all. No pumps... nothing." She explained, so as to provide some context for the very confused look plastered across her face. "But... that would mean whatevers inside it all moves between everything on its own? That doesn't make any...?" She turned helplessly to the other two, lacking the experience to understand what she was finding.


                    [Jutsu Used: Machine Affinity]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With a snap of her fingers, Chosokabe Muneshige came to the revelation of the century.

                      Inabune's tone of voice suggested more fear than reverence.

                      Muneshige leaned up close and pressed her ear against one of the pipes in question. For good measure she gave it a few knocks. She glanced at the shinobi to gauge whether or not what she was about to suggest was allowable, but then decided it didn't matter either way.

                      The looming presence of Inabune became all that more noticeable as she flatly rejected Muneshige's suggestion.



                      'tch!'. She pondered for a bit longer. With all the machinery turned off, every breath seemed to reverberate through the iron and steel that encased the room. It wasn't exactly silent, but that moment of peace did make one thing apparent.
                      Muneshige turned back towards the shinobi first, then towards Inabune.


                      Muneshige pantomimed taking in and then releasing a breath. To further prove her point she pulled out her pipe and lit it, just to let the gray smoke coil upwards. Then she brought the stem down towards the mystery pipe. Sure enough, right at the bolted seams, the tobacco smoke flowed...
                      Air wasn't going into or out of the pipe. It was circling around it, forming a spiral of wispy smoke as it traveled along the length of the conduit. The effect was minuscule but both Brigade members looked profoundly disconcerted by it.

                      "You can't do shinobi magic without a shinobi, right?" Muneshige's wily grin shifted into just a slight frown. "Something inside this pipe is influencing the surroundings. It almost certainly is our culprit. So, if Miss Hana would do the honors..."
                      (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
                      (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
                      (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
                      Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
                      Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
                      I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
                      Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hana couldn't help but give the hooded giant a curious look as she spoke up, noting the odd tone in her voice. This was the second time one of the Brigade had seemed almost afraid of Shinobi. Given their line of work involved the mysterious and unexplained - things that most people would find terrifying - she couldn't help wonder what some of her peers must have done to them to make them so much more wary of Shinobi than [i]whatever[i] it was they regularly encountered.

                        She also hoped she was calming their fears rather than confirming them, but given the reaction she wasn't so sure.

                        She snapped back into reality just in time to hear Muneshige's question. "Sick?" She looked confused, not entirely understanding the question until the pair of them clarified, "It can't be steam, everything's shut off for the night..."

                        And then she watched as the leader of the Brigade moved closer to the pipes and showed the delicate trails of moving air, spiralling around the pipes. And then Muneshige turned to her.

                        "Me?" She blinked, surprised by the request and looking between the pair of them. She shared some of Inabune's concerns about what breaking the pipes could do, especially if there was something unknown and unpredictable in there - but if she was honest, it was more that she was a little scared to let whatever it was out until they knew what it was, and what it might do to them. Instead, she stepped forward and placed a series of small devices that looked like coins engraved with a hybrid of circuit patterns and chakra seals at regular intervals along a length of the pipe. "Well, you said you wanted Shinobi Magic... Though this is more like Shinobi Science I guess. I mean, it's powered by magic but the metaphysical concepts that let it function are quite structured and predictable like-.."

                        Hana had a bad habit of rambling quietly when she was nervous, though thankfully she was interrupted when the devices came alive and the outer layer of the pipe became not quite transparent as such, but like a screen that displayed whatever was on the inside. Not that there was much of anything to be seen - as Muneshige had determined the old fashioned way, the pipes were very hollow. Hana frowned, about to call the attempt a bust, when suddenly something appeared. There was a moving area of disruption, that only showed as a strange mass of screen static and dead pixels as the devices couldn't even begin to detect what they were actually seeing and were instead almost breaking in the attempt and creating this negative area that was travelling down the length of the pipes.

                        Hana went wide eyed, "What in Shina's name is that?" She exclaimed, now just as profoundly disconcerted as the others.


                        [Jutsu Used: Mahou Mado - Magic Window (Stage 3)]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          said a nodding Muneshige, understanding nothing the shinobi woman said. When the 'screen' fizzled and flickered, only Inabune expressed any degree of worry about it. Muneshige let out a little smug chuckle and shrugged.

                          Muneshige waved off her companion as she brought her face close to the shimmering section of pipe. She reared her elbow back in a clear sign of an impending strike.

                          In the next moment the shinobi's devices lit up like festival firecrackers. With a shower of sparks they shot off the pipe simultaneously and rocketed in a dozen different directions at once at incredibly dangerous speeds. One of Inabune's massive hands quickly peeled Muneshige away from the pipe and in the next instant brought her massive wheel shield around to cover them both. The projectiles plinked off the barrier but ricocheted with such force that a few found their way past the woman's mighty defense. Hot metal bit into Inabune's flesh and she let out a pained, but restrained hiss.

                          As the bombardment slowed down the small form of Muneshige poked out from behind her partner's shield.


                          The old woman blinked a couple times to confirm.

                          Like a slowly waking beast the machinery around them began to groan to life.
                          Last edited by Junge; 05-09-2020, 03:13 PM.
                          (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
                          (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
                          (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
                          Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
                          Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
                          I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
                          Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Once again it was Hana and Inabune sharing the worried look whilst Muneshige seemed unfazed by the corrupted visual drifting through the pipes. She couldn't help but think it was a testament to Muneshige's leadership that she had seen so much that nothing shocked her anymore and that she could be an unwavering rock for her followers to rely upon in tense situations.

                            It was an impression Hana was gradually learning was mistaken.

                            It wasn't entirely her fault, she liked to believe in people - needed to, in some ways. If she ever let herself truly admit how awful some things, some people were back home then she was afraid that Nanashi wouldn't just be an act anymore. Not that she didn't already worry about which one of them was the real her sometimes. As such, when the leader of the Brigade stepped forward with such confidence, claiming to be able to fix the problem, Hana completely believed her. Imagining that the elder woman was going use her lengthy experience with the unknown to make an adjustment to her devices that would allow them to properly visualise whatever strange entity was inside. She had seemed to follow Hana's rambled explanation of the technology after all.

                            It was only at Inabune's outburst and the mention of air conditioners when it finally clicked for Hana and she realised what she was really about to do - far too late to be able to do anything but helplessly exclaim "Wait, don'-"

                            The rest of the sentence was abruptly cut off as she had to twist her body in an attempt to avoid being struck anywhere too painful as the shrapnel flew past her. Being furthest away after Inabune had rushed forward to save Muneshige, Hana managed to avoid the brunt of the blast, but as the noise died down and the smoke cleared she quickly discovered she had her fair share of cuts from a couple of near misses, as well as one of her former devices jammed into her leg.

                            "I'll be ok..." She replied through gritted teeth as she pulled the offending bit of machinery free from her flesh, quickly assessing how deep it had gone and finding to her relief that it wasn't anything too serious. "Not the first time one of my experiments has exploded on me..." Though for once it wasn't because of something she did, a victory she was happy to take.

                            Part of her wanted to be mad, though another part kind of wanted to know exactly what the elder had done to make them all short circuit so spectacularly - that kind of trick would work wonders the next time she had to fight another Gadgeteer; fighting one of your own kind not being such an outlandish concept in her homeland as it was in others. Though instead she focused on the sudden rumbling as the factory began to come alive, and Muneshige's worrying remark regarding the pipe

                            "That's not... good." She said, with more than a slight hint of concern hidden poorly in her voice. The pipes were indeed not in great shape, she could see the telltale signs of stress and micro-fractures in the metal already from the explosion. It was intact for now but the massive vibrations from the rest of heavy machinery threatened to shear and fracture the metal along its newfound weak-points. And while she could use some of her own equipment to repair the damage, that would take time - something she wasn't sure they had. There were a lot of hulking and moving machine parts in the building to send shock-waves through the pipes and, as they had determined earlier, the pipes were connected to all of them.

                            "It's... going to break." She warned with a resigned sigh, taking several large steps back away from any of the active machinery or piping, and gesturing that they should probably do the same.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Around them dials and meters began to spin, while various colored lights flicked on and off with blinding intensity. Sparks shot out from the ceiling above and the mechanical groaning only grew louder by the second. All the incomprehensible activity carried a dreadful sensation of anticipation, like an inflating balloon that was about to pop.

                              The grating shriek of bending metal joined the cacophony of machinery. The pipe began to split- no, it began to peel, like a baby chick poking its way out of an egg. The temperature on the factory floor felt like it shot up to boiling in the next instant, as out spilled the nothingwhich occupied the conduit of the factory.

                              That nothing flung itself high into the air, detectable only by the trail of steam it parted on its path. Bits and pieces of the machines around them cracked and shattered in unison with all manner of parts hurtling along the same path traced by the undetectable element. Screws, levers, joints and glass- a seemingly random potpourri of parts came crashing down. Inabune once again used her shield as an umbrella to protect against the rain of hot steel, while Muneshige kept a keen eye on the proceedings. She almost seemed...pleased.

                              Every piece of junk that fell to the floor didn't stop there. Powered by some intangible force the fragments rolled, clattered, and jumped across the factory's steel floor, all headed towards a single point in the far corner. As they accumulated the shards began to self-assemble into...something, something unfamiliar and unrecognizable, but definitely something with purpose.
                              Muneshige watched the construct build itself with a distant fascination.entire factory
                              Last edited by Junge; 05-11-2020, 07:26 PM.
                              (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
                              (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
                              (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
                              Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
                              Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
                              I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
                              Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X