X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childhood Tests

Originally posted by For Hyosetsu Echizen's Eyes Only

Child,

You have been selected for a tremendous honor, to be my student. I know of your own skill and was personally acquainted with your late father and I prefer to keep things succinct. Meet me outside your house, your true education begins at dawn.

The Great and Powerful

Tatsumaki Fuji
    There could be worse assignments.

As the first member of the team to be inducted, Fuki was instructed to test and induct her new teammate into the team--it was just unfortunate that her teammate happened to be Hyosetsu Echizen. They had never met personally, though their mutual success meant that Fuki had been aware of him and even more so after the exam. Fuki had gone first and she had won her match within fifteen seconds, beating an opponent in a way so dominant that she figured the title of number one was merely a formality.

Of course she hadn't accounted for Echizen to actually kill his opponent in his fight and had considered it a personal affront since she had purposely not done the same to her opponent.

So maybe she was bitter and maybe that's why Gou had sent her on this assignment but the ten year old prodigy wasn't planning on letting her bitterness cloud her judgement. She figured that this was just as much of a test for her as it was for Echizen.

It's why she approached the boys house looking very much not like herself and rather like her grandfather, a common disguise she had used in the past. Decked out in full Navy attire with leather like skin and a long salt and pepper beard, Tatsumaki Fuji looked everything the part of a disgruntled naval captain. She wanted to test the boy -said loosely since like most he was older than her- in both mind and skill.

The fact that she was putting her own mind and skills against his certainly did not fuel her resolve.

Not at all.

She arrived fifteen minutes early as she did for all assignments and the small child breathed and tried her best to get into the character of the man who raised her--as if it hadn't been one of the first disguises she learned.

She grinned as the anticipation of the con reached it's heights...

There definitely could've been worse assignments.

MEMBER OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN' YEAR!
    Don of the Sanada Family
    Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Let's end the speculation, I'm talkin' to all of y'all
    Males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait
    What, you mad �cause you push dimes and he sell weight?
    Y'all don't know my expenses, I gotta buy bigger plates
    Hehehe, and more baggies � why you all aggie?
    Homie, respect the game, that should be it
    What you eat don't make me shit; where's the love?

Tears from the other day had dried, sweat wetting his face and soaking into the fabric of the long headband he wore every morning when training. Garbed in a white athletic shirt matched with form fitting Gi pants, the knee long, thin cloth of his opened hoodie fluttered with his brisk steps as he paced, in a cool stride, toward his house. Droplets of sweat dripped from white hair, but most of his face was obscured by the shade his hoodie produced. Before dawn, Hyousetsu Echizen could always be spotted leaving his home, then returning hours later: a daily training routine. He jogged with both hands securing the front of his face, emulating the Peek-a-Boo
    introducesThe Great and Powerfula lot

Comment

Nervous, unsure, he must be ridiculously talented physically and spiritually to overcome such weakness mentally. How could someone be put so high and walk like they're being pushed through hell?

Fuki thought like she had all the experience in the world and treated her mere week experience with Gou as a trip around the world. She had already gazed at the boy and passed judgement on the way he presented himself, Echizen looked fragile and there was something to be said of fragility. It was possible, she thought, that he was like some of the people her grandfather told her about--talented swordsmen who are masters in the dojo and cowards on the battlefield, born with all the skill but lacking the one thing that was neccesary to win.

A killer instinct.

Of course, he is a killer , which is more than I can say.

She glared at Echizen for a moment and then laughed a loud and hearty laugh, throaty and so shaped by years at sea you could smell the salt on her breath. Her grandfather was a serious and traditional man with a very large taste for theatrics, but it was something to be said that his granddaughters perception of him was definitely skewed. He was one part whip master and another part candy giver, a boogey man type monster and also a teddy bear demanding perfection.

It made the ruse a lot of fun.

"Come with me boy," Fuki motioned and headed down the street, "You have a long and bloody education ahead of you, no need to rush it."

She eyed him with some mirth...

"How have you been since your exam?"

Don of the Sanada Family
      Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

This was going to be a long day.

He could feelfeellong and bloodyothers who usually came, asking about the Genin Exam. But he was his sensei, right? Echizen would be forced to bite his tongue on a lot of things. So when Fuji asked that

Comment

Fuki had been trained in the art of conversation to know when someone didn't want to answer, Echizen's quick shift in the direction of the conversation showed that much. He was curious as to how Fuji knew his father? Well Fuki didn't even know if her grandfather actually did and didn't know much about the Hyosetsu boys father aside from stories she had heard of his skill or valor and the fact that he was once a member of the seven.

Answering in specifics would increase her chances of being found out.

But as Fuji looked pensive in thought as the pair continued walking, Fuki decided that perhaps a little fiction would tip her hand slightly, it was after all no fun until after Echizen figured out her charade.

"He was my best friend..."

She shook her head and then looked at the boy once more.

"But there will be more time for a trip down memory lane later," Fuki chuckled, "For now I have a question for you--what percentage of being a good shinobi rests in your mental make up? Your own personal opinion on it, I'm curious as to..."

What was his father's name? This was an inopportune moment to have a lapse in memory, Fuki's pause was sure to go noticed, she could only hope that the boy wouldn't think much of it.

"I'm curious to know how his son thinks."

She mentally exhaled.

Not going out like a sucker! No way!
          Last edited by Bukowski; 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM.

Don of the Sanada Family
          Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

best friendpersonafraidWho are

Comment

It happened quick, but it hadn't happened quick enough.

She could tell immediately when the feel changed and was also lucky in that the speed difference was marginal and the punch was one that hinted at it's coming. The uppercut would not hit Akamura Fuki or even Tatsumaki Fuji as Echizen might've suspected, instead it resulted in a poof of smoke and then a collapsing of material--the naval clothes and even more surprising, a mask with the same feel and look as skin. It was a confounding scene to be sure and it was also sure to leave Echizen confused or scared.

At least, that's what Fuki thought.

"I'm Akamura Fuki, your teammate."

She approached from the side now in her normal appearance--small, a baggy jacket, high socks, black shorts, and a white t-shirt. She looked completely unassuming as pig-tailed hair and big brown eyes studied the boy, the once gravely voice of the naval captain now replaced by the squeaky sound of Fuki's own voice.

She walked to the pile her espionage kit left behind and then looked at it pensively, she was bothered by this. Her gamble on fiction hadn't paid off, the fact that the only person who had bested her in the academy had been able to figure it out made her even more angry...

"How'd you figure me out?"

OOC: Jutsu Used: Kawarimi

Don of the Sanada Family
              Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

Peek-a-boo boxer stance while shifting his whole weight backwards. On edge, yet light on his feet, the Hyousetsu bounced away from the clothes out of pure reaction, creating a good distance in order to access the situation.

thisthat so live and in person. His surprise was so potent that he almost drowned out the sound of his teammate introducing herself, but the squeaky, high-pitched quality of her tone penetrated through the possibility of being ignored.

A-ka-mu-ra Fu-ki? Ta-tsu-ma-ki Fu-ji?awaredoes that!?W-what is the meaning of this anyway?bad first impression.

Comment

"Look Echizen," Fuki began, "I can answer your questions, but I have no patience for rudeness."

She glared at him with a bossy and menacing stare, that made her look about as threatening as a Rottweiler puppy. She held her view of him for a few seconds before closing her eyes and shrugging, this was Echizen? He was such a baby. How could someone from such powerful stock with tradition and personal history to guide them come out looking so lost? Fuki had come from famous parents and grandparents, to be anything but strong would be insulting and she had no doubt that the boys father -whatever his name was- was rolling in his grave.

"I've asked you two questions, we can ignore the first since I was under a disguise, but you will answer the second question, then you will ask your own questions and then I will answer," she stuck her tongue at him, "That's kind of how conversation works, in case you didn't know."

She stuck her hands in her pockets and looked at him once more...

"Me and you will be teammates, that was not a lie, so I do not want us to get on the wrong foot or anything like that..."

She looked at him, perhaps he would communicate better with a sign of good faith! Fuki could at least answer his questions...

"I already told you my name, so I won't respond to the 'who does that?' one but the meaning of this is very clear: our sensei, Gou -you'll meet him at a later date- sent me here to test your skills and induct you into our team..."

She glared at him once more, so much for good faith.

"Now answer my question."

Don of the Sanada Family
                  Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

GouHe, an intimidating beast of a man, sent her to test histold him to answer her questions, the Hyousetsu child backtracked out of respect. What percentage of being a good shinobi rests in your mental make upbuilt for this life.percentage of being a good shinobi and your mental make-up?

Comment

"Unsurprisingly, you were to busy crying and being panicked to understand the question."

Fuki walked ahead, they weren't far anyway and she had a point to make. Echizen's mental state would get them killed, he was talented but it was quite obvious that he would break under pressure. There was one thing that ruled this planet, one thing that could overcome skill and talent and strength--will and it was obvious (to Fuki at least) that the wolf-pup in front of her would run scurrying with his tails between his legs if things got bad or difficult.

"I asked what percentage of being a good shinobi lies in your mental state and the answer is one hundred percent," she began, "It's all mental. The mind dictates the body and your training may be extensive, but if you are easily broken than you are weak, no matter how strong you are."

They finally reached a training ground, very simple, a patch of sand with a few training posts--this would obviously be the destination.

"So, let's go back to an earlier question of mine you chose to ignore...how have you been since the exams?"

Don of the Sanada Family
                      Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

hopedyourIt is all mental. What in my demeanor shows that I can easily bebrokennot running away from anything...!willHorrible.

Comment

"No..."

She spoke uneasily, was she simply jealous of him? No, but she did admit that she didn't see how anybody under any perception could think that he was better than her! She felt insulted! That maybe because of a lack of a bloodline or a famous father her own hard work had been taken from her. Fuki was hyper competitive, determined to be the best and to see someone like Echizen? Who seemed to resent his own talent? It made Fuki...

"You just frustrate me, Iori knew what he was getting into and so did you."

She looked at him...

"Don't be proud that you killed Iori, but to see someone be given the world and then walk around like they're crushed by it?"

She glared at him and walked forward into the training ground. No matter what her opinions on Echizen they needed to be a unit with either meant him getting stronger mentally or him differing to her. They needed to respect one another or have one be subservient to the other and that could only be accomplished by one thing.

"How about we test your will and if you pass I will not press the issue any further. We can move on," she looked at him, "Endeavor to fix my opinion of you."

Don of the Sanada Family
                          Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

notNothing in this world was givenworktestexperienceNo,Endeavor to fix my opinion on you

Comment

Neither would she.

Fuki could see by the first blow Echizen had sent her way that he knew a thing or two about fighting and it was quite obvious by their conversation that he knew how to end a fight as well, but Fuki would show him her brand of combat and she could guarantee that it would test him. She did not know the word quit, the idea of crumbling to Echizen? It was impossible. To her this fight represented a point to be made and redemption, after this? They would both know, truly, who was the best.

She tossed her smoke bombs, a signature technique and simultaneous flew back into the smoke.

Alright, let's not get fancy, the chances that he is like Hayate and can decipher this are low. If he can, then I will adjust.

The smoke billowed out and Fuki sunk into her position, it becoming clear as day in her territory. She stared at Echizen, curious as to how he would respond with sight removed from his arsenal, curious to see if he truly would break.

Don of the Sanada Family
                              Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Comment

Working...
                              X