Clear All

• [Waterfall] Arashi Jubei

Name: Arashi Jubei
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'11"

Character Type: Shinobi - Jinchuuriki - Avenger

Country/Village: Wave Country / Waterfall Village
    Division: Formerly "Ravager"

Physical Description:Clothing: Sleek and stylish. Despite his dubious, precarious position in society, Jubei likes to make a statement. He dresses like a self-obsessed show off. His shirts are tight, often sleeveless, and easy to replace. Like a true delinquent, Jubei wears leather jackets and slim fit pants. At odds with the rest of his wardrobe is his singular pair of shoes; a worn pair of black shinobi style military boots that have seen far better days. Jubei is rarely seen without sunglasses close at hand and often drapes himself in jewelry, particularly silver chains and carved jade.

Personality:Nindo; "Way of the Ninja": "I'm not a friend of justice, I'm an enemy of evil."

Clan/Bloodline: Arashi Clan / Walking Death

Primary Archetype: Hungry Vessel
    [Gourmand] x [Unleashed]
    Special: When a Hungry Vessel kills a target with Borrowed time, they absorb some of the target's memories, and blend them with their own. This does not allow them to learn jutsu.

Hungry Vessels may lose 10 Drive each post they are Walking in Death.
    Hungry Vessels may lose 10 Drive each time they use an [Observed], [Memorized], or Memory List technique instead of the normal gain.
    Hungry Vessels who enter Death's Door also gain 100 Drive.

While Overwhelmed or Lost, Hungry Vessels may still use [Observed], [Memorized], or Memory List techniques.
    Hungry Vessels gain one fewer taijutsu level from Blended, Overwhelmed, and Lost.
    Hungry Vessels do not lose Drive from being Soothed or Holding Back, and instead may gain 10 Drive.

Primary: Physical
    Merit: +3 Chakra
    Flaw: -3 Mental

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical - 55

Strength: 1 + 19 = 20
    Speed: 1 + 18 = 19
    Stamina: 1 + 18 = 19

Mental - 35

Intelligence: 1 - 2 +11 + 2 AP = 12
    Tactics: 1 - 1 +9 = 9
    Willpower: 1 +15 = 16

Chakra - 45

Power: 1 + 1 + 15 = 17
    Control: 1 + 1 + 15 = 17
    Reserves: 1 + 1 + 15 = 17

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques: 14

Walking Death
    Patient Zero - [F1]

Global Ninjutsu
    Body Switch Technique - Power 2, Tactics 2 - [F2]
    Tree Walking / Wall Walking Technique - Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4 - [F3]
    Chakra Hunting Technique - Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6 - [F4]
    Instantaneous Body Technique - Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12 - [F5]

Global Genjutsu
    Clone Technique - Control 2, Intelligence 2 - [F6]
    Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique - Control 5, Power 4, Reserves 4 - [F7]
    Genjutsu Kai - Willpower 8, Intelligence 6, Tactics 8 - [F8]
    Inflict Emotion Technique - Control 12, Power 11, Reserves 10, Willpower 12 - [F9]

Path of Sacrifice - Arashi Clan Taijutsu
    [+15 Strength, +15 Speed, +15 Stamina]
    Stage One - Strength 4, Stamina 4 - [F10]
    Stage Two - Strength 7, Stamina 7, Willpower 6 - [F11]
    Stage Three - Strength 10, Stamina 10, Willpower 8 - [F12]
    Stage Four - Strength 14, Stamina 15, Speed 14, Willpower 14 - [F13]
    Stage Five - Strength 19, Stamina 18, Speed 19, Willpower 16 - [F14]

Memory List

Inventory:

"He-Who-Thirsts" - Large Blade (katana), Elemental (blood), Extrasensory (bijuu), Extrasensory (kami), Heirloom (/2) - 4 pts
    Arashi Mail - Limb Armor (Arms), Limb Armor (Legs), Body Armor - 4 pts

Item Points Remaining: 0

-----------------------------------------

Biography: I feel g...o...o...d...
    the Hungry Shade, and his appearance suggests both great disaster and greater loss, but also hope. Children are told to leave offerings for him and every twelve years, on the day of his supposed birth, a festival is held in his honor.

Miko, the shrine maidens and guardians, they know him, too. When kami grow restless, and then grow violent, the one they call Little Brother is said to arrive. Never on time, of course, and always just as a kami threatens to overwhelm the miko set against it. They make him out to be a kami in his own right, a spirit of balance who corrects the supernatural order. Surely, any man able to devour the kami themselves isn't truly a man at all.

To the shinobi and samurai, he is NemesisOther Info:

True Bijuu
    Name: Mohosha, The Five-Tailed
    Creature Type: Octopus

Physical Description: When fully manifested, the Five is a monstrous octopus made of something like liquid glass. He is constantly in motion as tentacles emerge from his center mass and sink back in as if he is being sculpted. His body is translucent and iridescent, difficult to look at due to the deep, swirling colors. The Five's eyes have no pupils and are instead shined to a mirror-like finish that show distorted reflections. Unlike a true octopus, the Five has no beak or visible mouth, but he is known to 'eat' by subsuming bodies into him, where they instantly dissolve into bands of color.

While imprisoned in a host, the Five appears in miniature, far less threatening, but with the same glass-like body. His prison appears as a floating cube of sea water with its corners anchored to the ground by heavy chains, the impossible construct built over a projection of the Arashi clan gardens.

Personality: The Five is a True Bijuu, and one of the most alien among them. He desires only destruction and urges his hosts to feed their base desires. The Five has no respect for rules, and its arguable that he even understands the concept. The only instinct he has is to warp and break everything around him. But, he is clever and patient, and has a talent for shepherding fools. Though Jubei doesn't indulge the worst of the Five's impulses, they are unusually in sync for warden and prisoner, and capable of teamwork when their desires overlap.

Statistics

Force: 1
    Finesse: 2
    Fortitude: 1

Thread Ratings:

The god bump.

Comment

Control: 1 + + 1 15 = 17
      Other than that, everything appears to check out.

Half'd. I'm pretty sure your bijuu's special ability and clan already passed through the registry.
      Available for registry checks, just ask!
      If you need character sheet edits done, let me know!

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
      Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi

AP / Swaps

Comment

Instantaneous Body Technique - Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12 - [F5]
        Your character only has 10 Intelligence so you'll need to AP pump or change the tech or whatever.

"He-Who-Thirsts" - Large Blade (katana), Elemental (blood), Extrasensory (bijuu) - 7 pts
        I think I understand what you mean here but I'd appreciate just a little bit more clarity. What does Extrasensory(bijuu) mean here? The sword can sense bijuu? The bijuu is sensing other bijuu? Does it detect how many tails, how powerful, etc? Does it detect the exact location of any bijuu in some kind of range? Or is it just a general 'yeah there's a bijuu somewhere' kind of thing.
        (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
        (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
        (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
        Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
        Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
        I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
        Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

Comment

Everything is in order except two bits.

Did anything in particular bring the nerd back? Or will that be discussed in play?

And how did he get to jounin level if he was that sucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Junge View Post
            Your character only has 10 Intelligence so you'll need to AP pump or change the tech or whatever.

I think I understand what you mean here but I'd appreciate just a little bit more clarity. What does Extrasensory(bijuu) mean here? The sword can sense bijuu? The bijuu is sensing other bijuu? Does it detect how many tails, how powerful, etc? Does it detect the exact location of any bijuu in some kind of range? Or is it just a general 'yeah there's a bijuu somewhere' kind of thing.
            Added some AP for the stat deficiency.

It's detecting the presence of bijuu - whether or not one is nearby, not anything more specific than that. It's a binary yes/no detection.

Comment

Ayy maybe I need to clear my cache or something but it still looks like you have 10 Intelligence and didn't spend any AP.
              (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
              (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo

Comment

I've been having trouble getting edited posts to save.

It should be fixed FOR REAL now.

Comment

Half Approved. Best of luck.

Comment

Bio doesn't give me any sense of this guy's place in the world and focuses on just one aspect of the character. How does he feel like current ninja politics? What has he done his entire life since the bijuu? Is he a roaming hero type, a mercenary, or does he hide in the woods and eat rats to survive?

But lol non-village biographies are Merdle's call and not mine, so I'll half approve based on technicals so you're not being held up. Really liked how he took over the bijuu because it maintained him as a sacrifice (theming) but completely changed the power dynamic from what I'm used to. Post modern jinchuuriki. You're on a whole nother level, man.

All my biography concerns have been addressed. Half-approval didn't change or anything, but I appreciate it.
                    Last edited by Virtual Dream; 05-10-2018, 08:41 PM.
                    Nara Shikagerou, Sennin of Leaf.
                    Hyuuga Yuu, Genin of Leaf.
                    Sanada Ema, Chuunin of Leaf.
                    Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
                    Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
                    Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
                    Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
                    Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
                    Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
                    Available for Registry Checks
                    Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
                    Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
                    (a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
                    (swaps [AP] items)
                    (threads)

Comment

Alright, I've added a second biography section covering the NOW. This should make his intent as a character a bit more explicit, that Jubei is much older than he appears (or realizes himself) and that has an ebb/flow wandering folk hero angle.

Comment

eat the world, jujubeeboi

half'd

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
                        UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 21

Comment

Working...
                        X