X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Leaf Chuunin] ANBU Kuma Division, Hong Feiyan

Name: Hong Feiyan
    (Attempted) Aliases: Burakku Arisu, Rote Grütze, Yamitenshi no Kurokage-Kamiakuma
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5' 11”

Character Type: Shinobi

Country/Village: Fire Country/Konohagakure
    Division: ANBU – KUMA

Physical Description:
    Your opinion, tastes, sexual preferences, and cognitive functions are all irrelevant. Hong Feiyan insists she is the definition of attractiveness and will not listen to protests. Oh, that slender form, like a flimsy scarecrow blowing around in the sweet summer breeze! That elongated jawline, upturned nose, and sunken cheeks, like someone tried too hard to cram a horse's skull into a sack sewn out of shag carpeting! The hair! Tousled and coiffed to add a few inches of height and put a dark cherry on top of that whole 'boss delinquent' look! Are you excited yet? Hong Feiyan is excited. Words rip themselves out of her lungs like a revving engine. She chops and spins and flits about in a well-practiced mania. Those much maligned 'blemishes' on her skin only serve to enhance and emphasize the imposing aura of Hong Feiyan. Don't feel bad for failing to match her beauty, as only the greatest of gods could manage that. Feel blessed that you were lucky enough to be alive to observe Hong Feiyan's ascent to greatness!

Clothing:
    One cannot simply wrap up a present like Hong Feiyan and hide it from the world! Yet, society has yet to fall under Hong Feiyan's spell, so concessions must be made. As an ANBU agent she follows the dress code to the letter, with nothing but a standard shinobi flak jacket over the rest of the all black ensemble. The one exception are the layers of bandages that peek out under the rest of the uniform, including wrapping around her fingers, neck, and head. Off duty! Off duty is where Hong Feiyan exerts her all-encompassing influence on the world of fashion. Her prized possession is the colorfully decorated and patched sukajan jacket she won off another rival boss. The long skirts, rolled up sleeves, and excessive bandages aren't very practical but they are part of the aesthetic, okay? It's about sending a message! And that message is 'Hong Feiyan breaks the mold by following trends!' A knave like you wouldn't understand it anyway!

Personality:
    Grovel, peasant! Hong Feiyan also accepts various other forms of tribute, such as monetary or culinary compensation. The world is, or will soon be, under her complete control. It's a work in progress though, so don't get bent out of shape about it, okay? Hong Feiyan fancies herself a 'mighty villain' in the making. Any willing or unwilling listener will hear, at length, how all of the world/village/this seat in the theater falls under her command and continued resistance will NOT be tolerated. Often, though, it has to be tolerated, and Hong Feiyan's pretty good on that front as well. It is only through her tremendous reserves of mercy and honor that allows those who cross her path to continue their existence. After all, all people are her future vassals and it isn't good to damage your assets. This is because buried under all the bluster and bravado lies a strong foundation of thoughtfulness and consideration. In the moment Hong Feiyan puts on a show. In the long term, Hong Feiyan builds her legend.

Nindo; "Way of the Ninja":
    I'm gonna be the final boss!

Clan/Bloodline:
    NA

Primary Archetype (Custom):
    Tinker
    Archetypes: (Polymath + Tactician)
    Combo Special: Once per thread an item or item modifier the Tinker possesses may be turned into another item or item modifier of equal or lesser value. It remains that way for the rest of the thread. Chemicals (such as poisons, medicines, or gases) cannot be created this way.
    Description: Taking things apart, putting them back together, and maybe breaking it in the process: this is how the Tinker do. While most shinobi items require crafting by a delicate hand, in combat the Tinker can grab inspiration when it strikes to adjust their inventions on the fly. Such methods can produce brilliant turnabouts or disastrous failures, but such is the life of an inventor!

Stat Merit: +2 to Tactics, +1 to Intelligence
    Stat Flaw: -2 to Strength, -1 to Power
    Stat Merit: +2 to Intelligence, +1 to Tactics
    Stat Flaw: -1 to Strength, -1 to Stamina, -1 Power

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Mental

Intelligence: 1 +1 +2 +10 = 14
    Tactics: 1 +2 +1 +10 = 14
    Willpower: 1 +10 = 11

Chakra

Power: 1 -1 -1 +11 = 10
    Control: 1 +9 = 10
    Reserves: 1 +7 = 8

Physical

Strength: 1 -2 -1 +8 = 6[+4 Flawless Guard]
    Speed: 1 +6 = 7[+4 Flawless Guard]
    Stamina: 1 -1 + 8 = 8[+10 Flawless Guard]

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:

Global Ninjutsu and ANBU Swaps
    Stage One
    Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique) [Control 3, Intelligence 2]
    Anrokku no Jutsu (Unlocking Technique) [Intelligence 3, Reserves 3]
    Stage Two
    Kinobori/Kabenobori no Jutsu (Tree Walking / Wall Walking Technique [Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4]
    Stage Three
    Fukuwajutsu (Ventriloquism) [Intelligence 9, Tactics 9, Control 7]
    Stage Four
    (Replacing Homing Roof Tile Shuriken Technique) Kanashibari no Jutsu (Body Freeze Technique) [Intelligence 14, Tactics 13, Willpower 11, Control 10 ]

Global Genjutsu and ANBU Swaps
    Stage One
    Ikamono Chishio (Fake blood) [Control 3, Tactics 2]
    Stage Two
    Magen: Kokuni Arazu No Jutsu (Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique) [Control 5, Power 4, Reserves 4]
    Stage Three
    Hitoku no Jutsu (Concealment Technique) [Open Slot, Control 10, Power 10, Tactics 8]

Flawless Guard
    Stage Two
    Requirements: Stamina 8, Strength 6, Willpower 6
    Accumulative Bonus Points: +10 Stamina, +4 Strength, +4 Speed

Inventory:
    4 – Modified ANBU Bear Facade
    A protective, head-encasing mask(Helmet 1) with built in night-vision(2) and breathing apparatus(1). The face visor can slide up and down for those moments where Feiyan needs to give a firm eye-to-eye stare down, or for when the communication unit inside it malfunctions and she needs to scream out her orders to be heard.
    8 – Kuma Klaw
    Normally, this looks just like a pair of bandages wrapped around each arm. However! Special seals allow the bandages to unravel and fold like origami into their true form, the Kuma Klaw. The Klaw is a standard set of bladed brass knuckles(Hand Weapon 2), armored up to the shoulder(Limb Armor 1). The knuckles can fire out and have retracting wire attached to them for good measure (Small Ballistics 1 + Razor Wire 1 + Returning 2). The whole thing can switch between the inert bandage form and deadly Klaw form at will (Morph 1).

Additional Item Points Gained: 4
    Item Points Remaining:0
    -----------------------------------------

Biography:
    Not one! Not any good ones, at least! It was an upset, a national disgrace. Never before in her three years of life had Hong Feiyan felt so insulted. She mastered reading and went through all the trouble of getting an Atsumi University library card, just to be slapped in the face by these history books! The small child came to a singular, revolting conclusion.

There were simply no good female villains! Oh, sure, there were some bit parts in the historical timeline here and there. Scheming empresses, lurid assassins, the occasional underhanded advisor...trivial actors when all was said and done. The bright Hong Feiyan couldn't tolerate a history so devoid of good, bad role models. She swore herself an oath that day at that reading desk. 'I, Hong Feiyan, will one day be in these textbooks!' Not just as a person, but as an antagonist worthy of the same recognition as the men who centuries ago drove the world to the brink of ruin! The exact details on what that meant, well, she would figure that out as she went.

In this pursuit Hong Feiyan sought only the most evil of organizations for tutelage: The Village Hidden in the Leaves. Oh how her parents protested: why not become a conniving doctor, or a scoundrel lawyer, or any other high paying, relatively safe position where the girl could put her considerable talents to malign use? Hong Feiyan wouldn't hear of it. Through her own wiles she managed to snag an entry to Konohagakure's Academy right under her parents' noses, and was two weeks into the semester before they realized their daughter hadn't been staying with her aunt for 'lady lessons'. After the exchanging of many furiously worded postcards, Hong Feiyan's ambition would win out and her parents reluctantly accepted their daughter's drive. “It's just a phase”, they foolishly thought!

In most areas of shinobi study Hong Feiyan excelled. She dipped her toes in every art that crossed her path, but her focus on the fundamentals kept her options open and flexible. It wasn't hard for a girl with her confidence to find friends, either. In the same way, for the same reasons, it wasn't hard for her to lose friends just as quickly. Of all the names Hong Feiyan was called, she relished 'bossy' the most. Who wouldn't love being called the boss! Life was a whirlwind of the best kind and each challenge and obstacle the young girl faced only tempered her strength and resolve.

Such raw skill and dedication did not go unnoticed. Although the governing powers that be at first questioned her aptitudes, extensive interviewing and profiling of her character eventually came to a positive conclusion. Immediately upon promotion to genin at the age of 10 Hong Feiyan was inducted into the secretive training regimen of the ANBU. Each brutal lesson and life-and-death test Hong Feiyan relished as being part of the 'quintessential villain experience'. Teammates forced to listen to her practiced monologues often complained of Hong Feiyan not 'taking the work seriously', and despite the gritty nature of the wet work given to her the young girl seemed impossible to traumatize. Each skillful victory snatched from the jaws of death added to the girl's reputation. 'Annoying and loud, but gets the job done' became such a common refrain that her comrades started calling her the Chainsaw.

The final unveiling of the future world nemesis Hong Feiyan came with the emergence of the Snow conflict. In part to hold the young shinobi back, and in part to just get in her head, most of her deployments during those short months centered around non-combat duties. The work was no less grueling but she was denied a true chance to delight in the crushing of her foes. Instead the bulk of her work was managerial, as fitting to her eventual KUMA designation. There were supply lines to protect, infrastructure to oversee, day to day logistics to juggle...her superiors called it office work, but Hong Feiyan called it 'essential operations'! despite their boring nature, Hong Feiyan did them all the same, and did them exceedingly well. Of all the virtues for a future despot to have, she prized methodical patience and firm results above the rest.

By the summation of the war the young woman earned a total and complete promotion to ANBU chuunin. Though there were only a couple big deeds to her name, the vast majority of her record was built on solid, well executed day-to-day work with little collateral damage and limited casualties. Hong Feiyan performed her duties as if every life lost and expense incurred was her own. 'Because they are,' she would often proudly boast to anyone unfortunate enough to be within earshot.

Hong Feiyan continues her ascent to this day. Each job is a stepping stone to her eventual kingdom. How long the path stretches before her she cannot say, but each new day brings with it the promise of a bigger, better tomorrow. Hong Feiyan doesn't doubt that at the end, it'll feature her glossy image plastered in a textbook with a caption below reading:

Other Info:
    Thread Ratings:
    Creation: 2 Tertiary Pool Points sacrificed for 4 WP.
    (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
    (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
    (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
    Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
    Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
    I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
    Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

Speed: 1 +6 = 7

but that doesn't mess up your taijutsu reqs

Merdle weighed in on the name thing in another thread (I'd have accepted a chinese name anyway but hey) so looks like we're good there.

I think this character is cool.

Fix that math and this has my Approval -- BEAR in mind she will also need her archetype to be approved, and provided Leaf is okay with ANBU and the bio-deets.

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
    UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 21

Comment

Stat has been fixed. As far as the name goes I asked if Chinese names in the vein of Ten Ten were acceptable, and I know we've approved them in the past, so I assumed it'd be kosher. If not just tell me and I'll change it!
      (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
      (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
      (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
      Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
      Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
      I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
      Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

Comment

I love goofy characters, particularly when they hold traits that show them to be commendable members of their post. The juxtaposition of the super-villain fantasy with the line "Hong Feiyan performed her duties as if every life lost and expense incurred was her own. 'Because they are."" certainly stuck out to me.

I also appreciate you making a chuunin ANBU! I don't think anyone's really taken advantage of that before.

Approval, thanks for your hard work.
        �Nara Shikagerou, Sennin of Leaf.
        �Hyuuga Yuu, Genin of Leaf.
        �Sanada Ema, Chuunin of Leaf.
        �Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
        �Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
        �Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
        �Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
        �Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
        �Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
        Available for Registry Checks
        Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
        Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
        (a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
        (swaps [AP] items)
        (threads)

Comment

... I love her. How dare you keep making hilarious characters in Countries I can't play with them in.

Approved

VD's counts as Leaf GM approval so I can move this right...?

Comment

Working...
          X