• Sendo Am - KSHD

Name: Sendo Am
    Sex: Dude
    Height: 5’3”

Character Type: Shinobi

Country/Village: Grass
    Division: KSHD Field Nurses

Physical Description

Though he’s pretty small for his age, he still manages to attract some attention from his female peers. Am’s no hunk, to be sure, but he has a certain way about him. Some would call him mysterious or intriguing, and that pretty much sums him up quite well. It’s mostly his eyes; his crystal blue eyes, icy, but bright. They almost seem to gleam. And just north of those eyes of his, a mess of orange-brown hair, cut closer at the sides.

His physique is not impressive. He’s short, skinny, and not particularly muscular. He’s gone the last 16 years without any scars, though, but not for lack of action. That’s not the only thing that makes him look like some city boy, and not a rancher-turned-shinobi. He’s hardly tanned at all, quite unlike anyone else who spends all day outside.

Clothing

Where his physique confuses the issue, his clothing makes it clear that this guy’s from farm country. Am wears earthy tones: browns, clay, and tan. He wears a red clay coloured, buttoned shirt, tucked into mud-brown pants held up by a worn leather belt and suspenders. His brown leather coat reaches down to midway down his shins, and is just as weather worn as his belt and leather work boots. Stitched inside his coat, and attached to his belt, are holsters and pockets for his shinobi gear. There are also pockets stitched inside the sleeves, for extra craftiness.

Personality

Am isn’t anyone special, really, just a young man who’s curious about what he’s capable of. Growing up on a ranch, he spent years tending to animals, spending time with his family, and truly enjoying the outdoors. Because of his upbringing, he’s grown quite attached to nature, and the feeling he gets from helping others. As a shinobi, he’s only just realized that not only will he learn great things – and, hopefully, become a great person – he’ll be able to help more people than he ever dreamed possible. Right now, more than anything, Am believes that shinobi are the purest, most self-sacrificing people in the world, and that if anyone’s to set the world in order, it’s going to be a shinobi. It would be devastating should he realize otherwise. Let's hope he doesn't.

Nindo; "Way of the Ninja": I will dedicate myself to helping everyone.

Primary Archetype: Tactician – Special: the character can instantly recognize an enemy’s plan/trap once a thread. The tactician can then take appropriate measures to avoid or counter.
    Secondary Archetype: Offensive Healer

Statistics

Mental

Intelligence: 1 + 1[PA] + 1[SA] + 3 = 6
    Tactics: 1 + 2[PA] + 2 = 5
    Willpower: 1 – 2[SA] + 5 + 1[AP] = 5

Chakra

Power: 1 – 1[PA] – 1[SA] + 5 + 4(Threads) = 8
    Control: 1 + 3 + 4(Threads) = 8
    Reserves: 1 + 1[SA] + 2 + 2(Threads) = 6

Physical

Strength: 1 – 2[PA] + 2 = 1
    Speed: 1 + 1[SA] + 3 + 1(Thread) = 6 [+3 Onigokko]
    Stamina: 1 + 1 + 1(Threads)= 3

Jutsus and Techniques

Medical Ninjutsu
    S1
    Shindan (Diagnosis) – Freebie 1
    Requirements: Control 2, Willpower 2
    Tekishutsu (Extraction) – Freebie 2
    Requirements: Control 4, Power 4
    S2
    Jokyo Dokubutsu (Poison Removal) – Freebie 3
    Requirements: Intelligence 6, Willpower 5, Power 5
    S3
    Chiyute No Jutsu: Karui (Healing Hands Technique: Minor) - AP
    Requirements: Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6

Global Ninjutsu List
    S1
    Henge No Jutsu (Transformation Technique) - Academy
    Requirements: Power 3, Willpower 2
    Kawarimi No Jutsu (Body Switch Technique) - Academy
    Requirements: Intelligence 3, Reserves 3

Grass Genjutsu
    S1
    Tensei Aikou no Jutsu (Love of Nature) – Freebie 4
    Requirements: Power 3, Willpower 2
    Hana no Jutsu (Flower) – Freebie 5
    Requirements: Control 3, Intelligence 2
    S2
    Hamukau Etai no Jutsu (Rise of Nature) - Thread
    Requirements: Intelligence 5, Tactics 4, Willpower 4
    Kasugai no Jutsu (Clamp) - Thread
    Requirements: Intelligence 6, Tactics 5, Control 5

Onigokko Kenjutsu
    S1 [2 GMAP]
    Requirements: 4 Willpower, 4 Tactics
    Bonus: +3 Speed
    Special Techniques
    Blind the Devil - AP

Inventory
    Explosive Tags – 4
    Kunai – 2
    Katana - 6
    Suture Kits – 1
    Ointments – 3
    Hallucinogenic Poison – 3

Weapon Points Remaining: 1
    Additional Weapon Points Gained: 0

Biography

Am swung off his horse when he reached the edge of the jungle. Before him, massive trees and the shadows they made; behind, the valley, and somewhere his home. It was quiet and dark, and the jungle seemed unnaturally calm. Am waited for the sound of jungle cats prowling just ahead, the shriek of birds, the frantic chattering of insects, but there was nothing, only silence and the beating of his heart.

It was his 16th birthday, and this morning he would have to make a decision.

24 years earlier, his father had entered this jungle. He was adventurous and stupid, and one of his horses had gotten loose and found its way into the dense mass of foliage. So the rancher went in, and 10 months later he came out, along with his young newborn son, Kaeju. After returning to his ranch, he raised his son up right, and for seven years lived uneventful lives, not interesting enough to merit elaboration. Then, once again, the man, along with his son, ventured back into the jungle. When they returned next, it was with two newborns: a boy and a girl – Am and Ami.

Am and Ami spent their days together playing, and learning how to handle the ranch. They tended to the horses and cattle, learned what plants they could eat out in the wild, and learned to ride better than they could walk. But their older brother had little time for them; he was off in his own world, riding out late at night, returning early in the morning, and going off to the Academy most of the week. He was no longer much help at the ranch, and so it was decided very early on that the twins would not become shinobi. Instead, they would take care of the work Kaeju stopped doing.

When they were 10, Kaeju was 17, and their father was dead. As the eldest, he inherited the ranch, and his shinobi career came to a halt. Cattle were still tended to, but with new, brutal efficiency. The horses were worked to exhaustion, the property maintained beyond what was necessary, with everything running like a well-oiled machine. Am and Ami, too, were worked harder than before. They slept less, talked less, laughed less; theirs were darker days.

Two years later, Kaeju left. One morning the twins woke up and he was gone. No note; no anything, though Am thought he knew where his brother had gone. Alone, the twins couldn’t run the ranch themselves. The work was too much, the days too short, and after a month they were forced to sell. An older couple took over and allowed the two to stay on as farm hands, earning their right to stay in the place they called home. The new owners treated them well, and as they had no children themselves, came to think of Am and Ami as their own. They taught the twins more about animals, like how to treat their injuries. Soon Am could fix up just about any wound inflicted upon his cattle, assist with births, and eventually began to study human medicine as well.

It became quite clear that Ami alone would be able to help manage the ranch, and Am took the opportunity to study other things. He went to school, made friends, studied anatomy, and began to dabble in the shinobi arts. His shinobi friends liked to show off, and Am liked to try to show them up. He watched what they did and mimicked their actions until things started happening. By observing and studying, he slowly learned how to mold his chakra. Am liked it.

At 13, Am entered the Academy. The first year went by quickly, and the completion of an aptitude test allowed him to move up quicker than the rest. His relatively short stint at the Academy was all thanks to many, many, aptitude tests, and hours of intense study. Ami was proud, and Am was happy, and everything was fine until he realized what he’d just done. It had taken him just over two years to become a genin, and all that time he’d never really thought about what that would mean. His life as a farm hand was over; they’d ask him to kill people soon, or spy on them, or do terrible things. He just wanted to see what he could do with his abilities. And, though he would never admit it, a part of him thought he’d be able to understand his older brother better.

Now, standing on the edge, Am reflected on the night before. He could walk into the forest and look for whatever it was that had drawn his father, and probably his brother, in. Or he could turn back, stay a genin, and help Grass. Help Grass. That was what it was all about, wasn’t it? Being a shinobi, you had to help people. And with what he was capable of, he could help so many. The jungle was dark, but as the sun rose, the valley slowly filled with light. Am turned around.

Other Info
    -Am looks exactly like his twin, except she has long hair.
    -Am’s mother lives in the jungle. Neither he nor his twin have met her.
    -Am’s a damn good outdoorsman.

Mission Log:
    Festivus for the Rest of us: +1 Stamina
    Part I: The Written: Hamukau Etai no Jutsu (Rise of Nature)
    Rebirth of Team #8: +2 GM AP (Onigokko Kenjutsu Stage 1), +1 Power
    Chuunin Exams: Second Round: +1 Control, +1 Reserves, Kasugai no Jutsu, Blind the Devil (AP)
    Chuunin Exams: The Tournament: +2 Control, +1 Power
    Afterthought: +2 Power, +2 Control (AP)

The Healing Mask: +2 Reserves, 1AP: Chiyute No Jutsu: Karui (Healing Hands Technique: Minor) [03/22/09]
    Twitch +1 Speed

I like the biography. A lot, actually. Simplistic but very descriptive. Math checks out.

Descriptions are a tad short, might get asked to add to them.

I like the nindo too, but, it seems out of his character. "If I could help everyone, I would" sounds like... I'm not good enough to help everyone. Even though I'd like to...my self confidence is...bad. And it's too much work." Even though I get the feeling it associates with his simplistic and appreciation of real life and its misfortunes, I'd think he be more optimistic in what he does, celebrating actually helping who he can rather than be in the dumps that he can't help everyone.

Just my two cents though. Great guy.

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
    UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 21

Comment

That's a good point, man. I didn't even think of that, but you're right. I'm gonna change the nindo slightly, so that my intention comes out more.

Comment

Half-Approved, have fun with him.
        Last edited by Kaen; 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM.
        Cloud GM
        Shinshi Clan GM
        ~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
        Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Yi ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
        Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
        Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Comment

Am... hehe. funny name

halfzies <3 <3 <3 <3

Told you she didn't have a dick.
          The Fame
          R.T. - K.H. - G.G. - D.K.
          Boys, Boys, Boys

Comment

crystal blue ices
            I don't see the point in emphasizing the aptitude test, he was only in there 1 year shorter than your average genin, 8~12 replaced by 13-16

Personality is only 2 words short, since it isn't a hard rule it isn't worth worrying about.

Willpower: 1 – 1[SA] + 5 = 5
            supposed to be neg 2, this will also make your top jutsu not meet reqs.

you can use one of my AP to fix it though.

take care of that.

Comment

Welshman Half's after Merdle's problems/recommendations are met.

Don't Talk To Me Until I've Had My Morning Tea
              Swaps Items
              RPCs
              Man-of-war - Jun'ichi

Comment

Approved so that Merdy can move it after he approves it.

Also liking the biography. There's something about a Shinobi born as a farm hand that's appealing.

Sushy's Jounin Ladies --
                The Dead, The Bitch, The Alchemist, The Lady, The Haunted
                SR, Hensou, Roots, Navy, ???

Her Tools & Her Abilities

AP LEFT TO GIVE AWAY: 64

Comment

Edits made. His ices are no longer blue, and his Willpower now checks out. Thanks for the AP, man.

Comment

Working...
                  X