Serial Number: 041294503189
    Specialization: Tracking
    Chevrons: 4 Standard Grade
    Medals Earned: 0
    ========================================
    Associations: Matsuoka: Hitoshi (father); Aki
    (mother); Kei (sister); Satoshi (brother, KIA),
    Kenji (brother)
    Declared Next of Kin: Matsuoka Hitoshi (father)
    Dependents: None
    Marital Status: Single
    ========================================

Clothing and Physical Description: The way that she carries herself in most circumstances could be considered stiff. Imae moves with a sense of solidity, but is not in the least bit imposing. As such, the Cloud kunoichi that tends to blend more into the background in the social arena.

Neatly trimmed black hair frames her rounded face. Modest nose and lips pair well with Imae's light brown eyes. Still, unfortunately, these highlights are not used to their full potential as the Chuunin carries herself often with a neutral expression that could only be described as dour.

A large majority of the time on active duty, Imae wears the typical Kumogakure shinobi uniform. Her thin frame fills into the entire ensemble pretty well, overall. Instead of the typical Cloud headband which can be tied in the back, the Chuunin wears one that slides over the head like the typical head accessory. This serves adequately to keep her hair out of her eyes.

The woman's identification tag stays snug inside her shirt, able to be pulled out with little fanfare while, the insignia for the Dashou is sewn into the back of her flak jacket. In contrast to the light brown general scheme of the flak jacket set, her belt and pants are all black. The band of her hitai-ate is colored dark blue to match the Intelligence Division's flagstone color.

Personality: Firm, taciturn, solemn.

Words that describe Matsuoka Imae pretty well at a glance. The woman is not a person that expresses feelings through many words, having never been particularly adept in the social arena. Imae is deliberate in responses, contemplative of what and how she goes about speaking. Words are powerful, this much Imae knows very personally as a part of her dealing in the Intelligence division. With her various experiences in the field, this leads Imae to appear stand-offish with others around her as, the Chuunin does not mince words and attempts to be as clear and concise as possible.

Living through wars where she had to kill enemies and friends that became enemies, Imae holds the word "comrade" in very high esteem. There are not many people who have reached this level of camaraderie and the Chuunin is willing to go above and beyond for her. Still, in the back of her mind, there is always a fear... a fear that there will be another conflict of interest, where she may have to stand contrary to the people she loves the most.

Clan/Bloodline: None / None

Primary Archetype: Tactician [+2 Tactics, +1 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -1 Power]
    Archetype Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can instantly recognize an enemy’s plan/trap once a thread. The tactician can then take appropriate measures to avoid or counter.
    Secondary Archetype: Maverick [+1 Intelligence, +1 Tactics, +1 Willpower, -1 Power, -1 Control, -1 Reserves]

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical - Tertiary (24)

Strength: 1 - 2 + 5 = 4
    Speed: 1 + 11 = 12
    Stamina: 1 + 8 = 9

Mental - Primary (30)

Intelligence: 1 + 2 + 12 + 2 (AP) = 17
    Tactics: 1 + 3 + 9 + 2 (AP) = 15
    Willpower: 1 + 1 + 9 + 2 (AP) = 13

Chakra - Secondary (27)

Power: 1 - 2 + 10 + 3 (AP) = 12
    Control: 1 - 1 + 9 + 2 (AP) = 11
    Reserves: 1 - 1 + 8 + 2 (AP) = 10

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:

Global Ninjutsu
    [F-1] Kawarimi no Jutsu (Power 2, Tactics 2) [Stage One]
    [F-2] Kinobori no Jutsu / Kabenobori no Jutsu (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4) [Stage Two]
    [F-3] Kyou Masukingu no Jutsu (Intelligence 6, Tactics 5, Control 5) [Stage Two]
    [F-4] Chakra Tsuitou no Jutsu (Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6) [Stage Three]
    [F-5] Shukuchi (Intelligence 8, Tactics 8, Willpower 6) [Stage Three]
    [F-6] Shunshin no Jutsu (Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12) [Stage Four]

Those Lacking Opacity
    [F-7] Maboroshi no Mai (Power 3, Intelligence 2) [Stage One]
    [F-8] Bougyou (Control 4, Power 4) [Stage One]
    [F-9] Kanryousou Gisei (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4) [Stage Two]
    [F-10] Doujutsu: Senrigan (Intelligence 5, Tactics 4, Willpower 4) [Stage Two]
    [F-11] Tookukiki no Jutsu (Intelligence 8, Tactics 6, Willpower 8) [Stage Three]
    [F-12] Otonai no Jutsu (Intelligence 14, Tactics 13, Willpwer 11, Power 10) [Stage Four]

Lightning Release
    [GMAP] Raiton: Kiwa no Kyoshi (Power 4, Control 4) [Stage One]
    [GMAP] Raiton: Nagare Isou no Jutsu (Willpower 5, Tactics 4, Intelligence 4) [Stage Two]
    [AP] Raiton: Idaina Myakudo (Willpower 9, Tactics 9, Control 7) [Stage Three]

Inventory:
    Name: Lethal Poison
    Cost:
    Name: Zoom Goggles
    Cost:
    Name: Shinobi Kit
    Cost:

Total: 5
    Weapon Points Remaining: 3
    Additional Weapon Points Gained: 0

-----------------------------------------

Biography: I was.born in Gaika no Sato, daughter to a factory worker-homemaker pair. Second youngest of four children, one of which became factory worker, one that went to university and finally my older brother and I who were sent to the Academy. It's possible that they sent us off because they couldn't afford to feed all of us at home. That could very well be the case, but by now that's one of the last things to worry about by this point. ...It's probably bad to say, but by now I barely even remember what my parents look like anymore. I still look at their letters from time to time. Even if I wanted to go back... I don't think I could face them without having Satoshi with me. The thought that everyone... else is alive is enough for me.

My time in Aoi Academy came before old Kumogakure was destroyed. There's not too much to say about my time there. My hair was shaved, my body tucked into a uniform and I bore blue around my neck. It was a little bit simpler when we were only at war with the G-Men back then. All of our preparation was so that we could be used as assets for the battles ahead of us. I still remember the day in Aoi where everyone heard that the Raikage had been assassinated. Right in the middle of our early ninjutsu theory exercise. Kumogakure was soon to go to war. I was nine at the time.

Well, with all that being said... I didn't see the war-front in large capacities until a few years later, when I had graduated from the Academy and after Raikage Kazuhiro had been assassinated as well.. As soon as I was able, I declared my desire to join the Intelligence division. I wasn't the best at combat and even now, I don't have many techniques for direct engagement. In my genin team, this didn't matter as much, as all of us were expected to cover different roles. Overall, we were still used mainly to scout out different outposts, points of interest... to check ahead and report back about enemy formations. Still mostly out of direct combat zones, but even then there were times where we did that too.

...And those times increased as the months rolled in. Points of interest pointedly became watching their enemies and their movement. Kumogakure was losing... and badly. Soon, the faces of my teammates began to differ in many of the operations that I was sent on. I needn't say the reason why, I would hope. Everyone should know by now the sort of environment that we were a part of. The sickening orange glow in the night overlooking Hima still burns itself in my memories on bad days. Everything was so bright... but when you looked up, there was just black death. Those brave men and women from Kirigakure, I will never forget them.

What followed was a whirlwind of awful events, where my elder brother was also lost. An announcement over the loudspeaker and his hitai-ate were all I received.

The Festival of Freedom, Doruma... and Raikage Konishi's decision to surrender Kumogakure. There was no large change of heart that lead me to follow Raikage Nagai. Fight or become subservient, a second-class citizen, a slave... there was no need to contemplate over this. "Fortune follows the informed," or so I believe... and Konishi had repeatedly shown himself to be uninformed.

Even with all of the reasoning behind it, defecting is exactly that. The feeling of coming back from operation after operation, successfully contining to live felt hollow through all of the victories and accomplishments we gained. ...Hey, do you know? To the person who might inevitably read this writing, do you know how it feels to be the cause of the dying breaths of the same people you shared a meal with? Previously survived hellish battlefields with? Have you seen their last face? I pray that you do not have to. ...That you will never have to.

I became a Chuunin over the corpses of my fellow countrymen. To those whose futures I took away: Whenever I end up passing, I hope that you all can forgive me. We may not end up on the same side, but I hope from the bottom of my heart that you can forgive me.

The roar of a dragon and a flash that lit up the entire sky was what signaled the end of our civil war. Jishaku Village had gone completely silent at that moment, before the roar of our troops had filled the air. The strength I had left drained from my body and I had collapsed to my knees. There was nothing happy about that time, but I could feel that my heart had a large weight lifted off of it then. The war was over.

It's been almost five years since that day. With all of the new laws and decrees that Raikage Nagai has put into place, I fear that we are merely delaying the next inevitable revolution. I understand where the Raikage is coming from with his separation of citizens and civilians, but this will only continue to widen the gaps in our social structure. No one deserves to be treated as a second class citizen. Many people have already died because of this belief. The government has too much power right now and it is only gathering more as we speak.

I fear that we are right on the heels of another war.

Thread Ratings:
    Creation | 14 AP | +3 [Pow] // +2 [Int, Tac, Will, Con, Res] // Idaina Myakudo
    sigpic
    [Kirigakure] Imai Hayate [Kusagakure] Kiyomizu Shusui
    [Kumogakure] Matsuoka Imae [Konohagakure] Ohayashi Toshiko
    Current Owner of: [Legendary] The Peregrine: Shimizu Miho
    Items, Hijutsu, Roleplay

We don't partake in that nonsense here. This is not the land of the lightning god, this is the land of lightning. We call it Rai no Kuni.
    Last edited by Kaen; 11-16-2014, 07:50 PM.
    Cloud GM
    Shinshi Clan GM
    ~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
    Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
    Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
    Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Comment

Fixed and stuff.
      sigpic
      Items, Hijutsu, Roleplay

Comment

Primary Archetype: Tactician [+2 Tactics, +1 Intelligence, -1 Strength, -1 Power]
        It's -2, but you have it right in the actual stats so that's not a big deal.

AP is capped at 8 for stats, 11 total for a character, right? I tried to dig around for the official numbers but I don't know where they're located. Is there some fancy exception I'm not familiar with that applies here? Everything adds up regardless so if the AP thing is fine then there's no math issue, though you don't even need all that AP to take the techs she has.
        (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
        (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
        (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
        Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
        Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
        I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
        Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

Comment

Fixed. AP limit for staff is 33 or something iirc and I'm not really doing anything with my AP at the moment so I figured why not burn it in a new character since I had a plan for her to seem more experienced "in universe" but not necessarily have the sort of strength in terms of out of character amount of/nature of techniques.

If I'm wrong, I don't mind thinning out some AP though.
          Last edited by Juushichi; 11-17-2014, 11:50 AM.
          sigpic
          Items, Hijutsu, Roleplay

Comment

Haaaaaalf? I guess? If there's an AP issue I guess someone else can sort it out.

Also the bio should totally end with an ellipsis. Just saying.
            (Rain Chuunin) Oichi Josuke | (Sand Chuunin) Sawamatsu no Motonubu | (Leaf Chuunin) Hyuuga Kannon
            (Retired Grass Chuunin) Shinshi Gemmei | (Snow Genin) Gonnohyoe | (Mist Genin) Kurusu Ringo
            (Brigade of Light) Chosokabe Muneshige | (Leaf Chuunin) Hong Feiyan
            Shichou Clan GM - Shichou Mission Thread Here!
            Brigade of Light GM - Missions and More!
            I will do any thread, anywhere, anytime. Just PM me!
            Wizlab | Swaps | (AP) | RIP

Comment

Another sad ninja from Juu? What else am I supposed to expect?!

Half'd in the power of Danny Devito.
              LOOK HERE PLZ

[Katsumi] - [Maho] - [Tomoko] - [Tsukio] - [Ritsuke] - [Shiori] - [Miyuki]

Grass Secondary GM
              [9:07:30 PM] M.Cain: She's been super important her whole life,
              and super important to Grass for like a few years.

Items
              Swaps
              AP

Comment

Your rank is 'Sergeant' instead of Chuunin, your military rank refers to your character's specific role in their division. Call Sign is not part of your dog tags. Alias should read as 'None' or 'N/A' unless your character is known by a moniker; Grans' character is known as 'One-eye.'

Keep in mind that in those early days, Gaika was the capital of the lightning government, the heart of Cloud's opposition and the symbol of their power. Nothing in the bio strictly contradicts that, but I feel it's something I need to emphasize since Gaika is her birth city and it may emerge as important again.

Once everything I asked is taken care of, consider this Cloud GM Approved. Your serial number is 041294503189.
                Cloud GM
                Shinshi Clan GM
                ~ Tsuriau Clan GM

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
                Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
                Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
                Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Comment

Done and edited, I guess.
                  sigpic
                  Items, Hijutsu, Roleplay

Comment

Here goes another Half-Approval.

Look at you.

Out here Engi(ing).

Comment